The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #856 of 2,420
I've decided to give SHENZENAUDIO one last chance. I would have purchased from another seller but there's no other ones who sell on Amazon with 'fufillment by Amazon'. Im returning this one and ordered a new one. I'll report back tommorow when the next one arrives.

Update: I cancelled the order on Amazon and instead ordered one from CTC Audio for $149. It's probably going to take a bit longer to arrive but I don't want to risk it again with Amazon.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #857 of 2,420
I've decided to give SHENZENAUDIO one last chance. I would have purchased from another seller but there's no other ones who sell on Amazon with 'fufillment by Amazon'. Im returning this one and ordered a new one. I'll report back tommorow when the next one arrives.

It really seems as if they've got a bad batch. Hopefully it will turn out fine for you this time :)

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #858 of 2,420
Damn I just found the Sennheiser 650s for $313.99 on Amazon. That's the lowest they've gone in a long time. They would go perfect with this amp, if only I could afford... Then again I got the 598s on Black Friday for $99.

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #859 of 2,420

Update: I cancelled the order on Amazon and instead ordered one from CTC Audio for $149. It's probably going to take a bit longer to arrive but I don't want to risk it again with Amazon.

I tried looking back a few pages but what is exactly wrong with your units from Shenzhenaudio? I saw you mention about a stiff/loose knob. 

What is the defect of this batch in question? 

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #860 of 2,420
I tried looking back a few pages but what is exactly wrong with your units from Shenzhenaudio? I saw you mention about a stiff/loose knob. 

What is the defect of this batch in question? 

The first one I ordered arrived perfectly externally. But I starting noticing there was a rattling sound coming from inside it when I moved the amp. I suspect there was something loose. The second one did not have this problem, but one of the charging indicator lights was going it, it was only half lit. The third one I didn't even bother trying, I returned it immedietly because the packaging was all beat up with one of the corners of the item's box smashed in, even the plastic seal wrap had been ripped open from the abuse it had taken. The fourth one, which I'm returning soon, arrived fine except that it had a small scratch on the metal of the back of the amp, besides this the volume knob was extremely loose, unlike the previous ones, this resulted in accidental volume change quite often.

My conclusion is that this 'Batch' (along with their other current stock) was all sent to the Amazon Fuffilment center in the US from Cayin in Hong Kong. But on the way to the U.S, they were mistreated or got damaged from miscare. That would explain why they sustained damaged that could only occur from shock. Except that one with the smashed in box, that one looked like a fridge fell on it.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #861 of 2,420
The first one I ordered arrived perfectly externally. But I starting noticing there was a rattling sound coming from inside it when I moved the amp. I suspect there was something loose. The second one did not have this problem, but one of the charging indicator lights was going it, it was only half lit. The third one I didn't even bother trying, I returned it immedietly because the packaging was all beat up with one of the corners of the item's box smashed in, even the plastic seal wrap had been ripped open from the abuse it had taken. The fourth one, which I'm returning soon, arrived fine except that it had a small scratch on the metal of the back of the amp, besides this the volume knob was extremely loose, unlike the previous ones, this resulted in accidental volume change quite often.

My conclusion is that this 'Batch' (along with their other current stock) was all sent to the Amazon Fuffilment center in the US from Cayin in Hong Kong. But on the way to the U.S, they were mistreated or got damaged from miscare. That would explain why they sustained damaged that could only occur from shock. Except that one with the smashed in box, that one looked like a fridge fell on it.

This is really unfortunate thing ....... I do not know that you are in a country, it seems, logistics led to a lot of things happen.

So, I recommend that all of the players have been purchased from a dealer near you, but there is a problem in the product can also be the first time to get service.

Final say sorry, because N6 and other things, I see this message rather late, resulting in no timely response. If you have other ideas for C5 or suggestions, you can feel free to PM me.
Thank you.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #862 of 2,420
  This is really unfortunate thing ....... I do not know that you are in a country, it seems, logistics led to a lot of things happen.

So, I recommend that all of the players have been purchased from a dealer near you, but there is a problem in the product can also be the first time to get service.

Final say sorry, because N6 and other things, I see this message rather late, resulting in no timely response. If you have other ideas for C5 or suggestions, you can feel free to PM me.
Thank you.

Thanks Thomas for being a presence in this forum thread. Good to see that manufacturers care enough about their customers to take part in discussion and get to the root of the problems. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #863 of 2,420

Thanks Thomas for being a presence in this forum thread. Good to see that manufacturers care enough about their customers to take part in discussion and get to the root of the problems. 

In CAYIN, every manager has been stressed the need to pay attention and participate in real feedback from customers, this system initiated by me, so I will be strictly enforced.

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #864 of 2,420

Thank you.

In CAYIN, every manager has been stressed the need to pay attention and participate in real feedback from customers, this system initiated by me, so I will be strictly enforced.

This is why I didn't give up on the C5. It's an amazing sounding amp and Cayin's attention to feedback is a rarity in companies.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #867 of 2,420
Received my new Cayin C5 yesterday and I'm impressed with it straight out of the box.
Almost complete black background & clearer sound compared to E12 + more expanded (3D) soundstage.
It already sounds pretty good with both V6S (imo too dark / not clear with E12) and RTi1 (imo too bright with Pico Power).

I've decided to let it burn in while listening, when it even gets better than this...oh boy
atsmile.gif

Btw, ordered it at EA Emporium (UK) and luckily no scratches or loose volume knob on this one...

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #869 of 2,420

I went ahead and bought a Sennheiser HD 650 at $313.99 from BHphotovideo.com to go with the amp. This site is not good for my wallet
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been checking a couple reviews for the 650 and many are saying it is boring and the Sennheiser 598 is more engaging. I'm not sure if the purchase was worth it considering I own a 598.

I think most people agree that the HD650 is an upgrade from the HD598.  Also, the HD650 is known to scale up immensely if you upgrade your system, so it's potential is far greater than the HD598 (and other similar headphones) too.

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #870 of 2,420
I think most people agree that the HD650 is an upgrade from the HD598.  Also, the HD650 is known to scale up immensely if you upgrade your system, so it's potential is far greater than the HD598 (and other similar headphones) too.

Well for now I would use it with the Cayin C5. I would sometime down the line buy a desktop amp, but that wouldn't be anytime soon. What j really want to know if they will sound good with the C5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back