The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Sep 14, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #320 of 2,420
  It is not a complicate alteration, but we, do, have to spend some time to do, personally I think the new version could come out in half a month, because we need to design and make a new mold.

We have our workers tried more than 100 models of earphones and headphones today, which including different brands, the problem happened on 3 of them, which as same as DS suffering. Because there are few models of earphones with shorter plugs.

In the following days, we would focus on this problem and work it out ASAP. If any people worried about it, I suggest you may buy it after one months, I believe that the above problem would be solved at that time.

Many many thanks for your attention and support.

Hi i have just bought the C5 , if i have problem with the plastic cap , do you have now the new one that fix the problem in replacement ? Thanks in advance 

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #321 of 2,420

It is not a complicate alteration, but we, do, have to spend some time to do, personally I think the new version could come out in half a month, because we need to design and make a new mold.

We have our workers tried more than 100 models of earphones and headphones today, which including different brands, the problem happened on 3 of them, which as same as DS suffering. Because there are few models of earphones with shorter plugs.

In the following days, we would focus on this problem and work it out ASAP. If any people worried about it, I suggest you may buy it after one months, I believe that the above problem would be solved at that time.

Many many thanks for your attention and support.

Quote:

Hi i have just bought the C5 , if i have problem with the plastic cap , do you have now the new one that fix the problem in replacement ? Thanks in advance 

Hi Thomas, I've also just placed the order today. So, I would also like to know if you would consider replacing just the affected part to owners like me if I happens to have this problem. Thanks.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #322 of 2,420
Well, I will be keeping the O2.

So far (out of the box), the C5 has shown itself to be an excellent amplifier, combining a pleasing form factor, a decent battery life (and a battery level indicator!!!) with a strong, dynamic, powerful sound (especially into full size cans). My modified SR225i with Yew Woodworks cocobolo cups are an especially good match, as are the Beyer DT250/250.

It does, however, have one snag. With high-sensitivity, low impedance IEMs (i.e. DUNU DN-1000), it hisssssssses! This is on low gain, volume set to 2! Admittedly, I have quite good high frequency hearing...

This should not be a problem with the majority of IEMs (SE425, HF5, Adagio III and GR07 all tested fine). But I do like the DNKs, and will be keeping the O2 to drive them. It may lack the C5's speed and punch, and be awkward to carry, but it has an absolutely silent, black background.

The C5 may, however, drive me to buy a pair of FAD Heaven V on my forthcoming trip to Tokyo...

Overheating problem solved: it needs a 2A charger. An iPad2 charger works very well indeed!

To Cayin: a English translation of the instructions would be very much appreciated by us Laowais!

Currently enjoying it into the Fischer FA-002w. I can't believe how good it is at the price. It sounds a little like a junior version of the SA-31. Is it a discrete MOSFET design?

The O2, the XXS and maybe the Blaze S-1 (SR-71A clone) will all be up for sale. OK, I'll keep the S-1 as a curio...

The portable amps I will keep are:

- C5 (this will also become my IEM amp)

- Tube Amp BL-2 (unique sound signature, incredible with the HD600)

- iBasso P4

Could you make a comparison between the O2 and the C5? I'd appreciate if you concentrate on neutrality and transparency, i am not interested in synergies. Btw, which o2 implementation do you have? I might be interested in taking it out of your hands.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #323 of 2,420
I will be travelling quite a bit in the next few weeks (Germany, Beijing and Japan). When I return, the C5 should be burned-in (I will be taking it as my only amp, with the HM-601LE as source and a choice of DN-1000 and HD-25). I will then hopefully have a chance to compare it with the O2, Blaze S-1, iBasso P4 and BL-2. I suspect the BL-2 will win, but that is only to be expected (it costs several times the price of the C5, has a battery life of 2.5 hours, runs too hot to touch, has a high output impedance and is highly microphonic - but beats many desktop amps in SQ terms).

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #324 of 2,420
I'm still waiting, must be about 3 weeks, guess New Jersey is harder to find.

Oh gosh, who did you order from doctorjazz.

Shenzhen, I'm afraid...should contact them and check on it, but I've had this previously where orders from China take forever.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #325 of 2,420
Shenzhen, I'm afraid...should contact them and check on it, but I've had this previously where orders from China take forever.

Oh dear, that's where I placed my order.. I've had also waited for something from China before  that took 2 long months. Finger crossed and hope it don't take that long.

Anyway, thanks doctorjazz.

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #328 of 2,420
My friends, do not worry, this problem has been solved after I reply DS, and I'm sorry is not, as I said mold problem, but the workers in the production of plastic parts that do not pinch the top of the resulting gap, we have found the problem, and all of the rectification. 

In the use of the process, please do not try to remove the plastic cover, even though I know that many people have this idea, HAHA, it's just a way to make C5 appears to have some nostalgic feeling parts.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #330 of 2,420
^
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mines FINALLY came in from Shenzhen Audio after like 2 longgggggggggggggggg weeks!!!
.... sounds good, much much better than the FiiO E17 amp i had/sold twice. But it seems to be on the similar level as my Audinst MX1, and doesn't best the Schiit Vali from what i am hearing. Great balance of transparency/ musicality but doesn't have that smooth refined transparency of the Vali.

Pretty powerful and can drive my 250ohm Beyer 250s with ease.
basshead.gif

Need to connect it to the MX1/ A/B against the Vali after so mo' burn-in. hoho
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back