The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Sep 11, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #287 of 2,420
What the heck. Shenzhenaudio shipped the Cayin C5 to me 22 minutes after I placed the order. Talk about speed and efficiency! 
eek.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #288 of 2,420
As long as we CAYIN products, no matter by what means sales and there is a problem in the hands of users, as long as we are concerned, it will try to resolve because of quality problems are caused by us. 

C5 is a new product, the first batch of production, indeed there have been some minor problems, now has improved, CAYIN will always strive to ensure product quality and consistency. 

Thanks again to everyone like our products, but also because our C5 to bring the issue to apologize.

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #289 of 2,420
  You have posted several photos of C5 with Hidizs AP100 and Fiio X5. Which of them is a better source for C5?
And please add DX90 to the comparison if you have tested it with C5, thanks!

All I use is the DX90. I can't imagine a better source to feed the C5. Dual sabres just pops using the C5. If you own the DX90 it is all your gonna need. It sounds world class with the C5. Makes the on board amp section somewhat weak in comparison and the amp section is no joke on the DX90.

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #290 of 2,420

All I use is the DX90. I can't imagine a better source to feed the C5. Dual sabres just pops using the C5. If you own the DX90 it is all your gonna need. It sounds world class with the C5. Makes the on board amp section somewhat weak in comparison and the amp section is no joke on the DX90.

thats what i'd like to hear lol

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #292 of 2,420
When I receive my C5, I will compare them.

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #295 of 2,420

The IPAD retina plays streaming music and you tube music video just fantastically through the C5.  iTunes festival in London right now has free Robert Plant concert for streaming which is amazing recording which sounds damn live through the C5 and Yamaha Pro 500 headphones, just remarkable layering and bass and reverb, done just right!!!

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #297 of 2,420
  The IPAD retina plays streaming music and you tube music video just fantastically through the C5.  iTunes festival in London right now has free Robert Plant concert for streaming which is amazing recording which sounds damn live through the C5 and Yamaha Pro 500 headphones, just remarkable layering and bass and reverb, done just right!!!

How do you have it hooked up?  Through a USB DAC?  Or straight out the headphone jack?

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #298 of 2,420
  You have posted several photos of C5 with Hidizs AP100 and Fiio X5. Which of them is a better source for C5?
And please add DX90 to the comparison if you have tested it with C5, thanks!

The beauty of C5 is that it enhances everything you pair it up with, even from HO output.  Regarding AP100 vs X5, I felt a better synergy with X5 than AP100 (with C5 connected to LO).  Coincidentally, I felt the same way when testing E11k.  Not a night'n'day difference, but I noticed a difference.  Btw, by itself with it's built in amp, AP100 is a step above X5 in sound quality when switched to 24b/192k re-sampling mode.

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #299 of 2,420
The C5 has arrived. With the HM-601LE and the DN-1000, the sound out of the box is very good! I will be selling off a bunch of portable amps soon.

Should both the amp and the charger (generic 2A USB charger) get warm whilst charging, though?

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #300 of 2,420
Overheating problem solved: it needs a 2A charger. An iPad2 charger works very well indeed!

To Cayin: a English translation of the instructions would be very much appreciated by us Laowais!

Currently enjoying it into the Fischer FA-002w. I can't believe how good it is at the price. It sounds a little like a junior version of the SA-31. Is it a discrete MOSFET design?

The O2, the XXS and maybe the Blaze S-1 (SR-71A clone) will all be up for sale. OK, I'll keep the S-1 as a curio...

The portable amps I will keep are:

- C5 (this will also become my IEM amp)
- Tube Amp BL-2 (unique sound signature, incredible with the HD600)
- iBasso P4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back