The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Sep 14, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #331 of 2,420
  ^
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mines FINALLY came in from Shenzhen Audio after like 2 longgggggggggggggggg weeks!!!
.... sounds good, much much better than the FiiO E17 amp i had/sold twice. But it seems to be on the similar level as my Audinst MX1, and doesn't best the Schiit Vali from what i am hearing. Great balance of transparency/ musicality but doesn't have that smooth refined transparency of the Vali.

Pretty powerful and can drive my 250ohm Beyer 250s with ease.
basshead.gif

Need to connect it to the MX1/ A/B against the Vali after so mo' burn-in. hoho
evil_smiley.gif

Soundstage impressions plox.

Which has a more 3d imagery? :)

And then after that, is the schitt vali about the same footprint as the cayins?

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #332 of 2,420
  Soundstage impressions plox.

Which has a more 3d imagery? :)

And then after that, is the schitt vali about the same footprint as the cayins?

^
Welp 1st thing 1st this is just an amp, and there's only certain things it can do such as like amping. LoL

The quality of your sources ie: DACs/ file quality is just as important if not more so especially if you have an amazing DAC so....

The nutman got those GODLY DX90s meng, and you can hook some crappy amp on that sucka and it would still sound amazeb@lls, cuz not like you will really need an external amp with the DX90s anyways......

So my DAC sources are my Nokia N9 phone/ 5th gen ipod classic and my nanos, which is good but nowhere as good as Ds' is. The DAC/AMP on my MX1 is already crazy good, but it hooked to the Schiit Vali amp just brings it to another level especially if you use full size cans that are hard to drive.

Just got these in yesterday and been burning them in/ making them go through their paces, so haven't really hooked them up so my MX1's DAC/AMP and compared it to the Vali, but hooked to me Nokia N9 it is as good as my MX1s that is more flat sounding while this Cayin with my Nokia N9 is slightly more musical.

Need mo' tyme and messin' around.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #333 of 2,420

^
Welp 1st thing 1st this is just an amp, and there's only certain things it can do such as like amping. LoL

The quality of your sources ie: DACs/ file quality is just as important if not more so especially if you have an amazing DAC so....

The nutman got those GODLY DX90s meng, and you can hook some crappy amp on that sucka and it would still sound amazeb@lls, cuz not like you will really need an external amp with the DX90s anyways......

So my DAC sources are my Nokia N9 phone/ 5th gen ipod classic and my nanos, which is good but nowhere as good as Ds' is. The DAC/AMP on my MX1 is already crazy good, but it hooked to the Schiit Vali amp just brings it to another level especially if you use full size cans that are hard to drive.

Just got these in yesterday and been burning them in/ making them go through their paces, so haven't really hooked them up so my MX1's DAC/AMP and compared it to the Vali, but hooked to me Nokia N9 it is as good as my MX1s that is more flat sounding while this Cayin with my Nokia N9 is slightly more musical.

Need mo' tyme and messin' around.

Right, but this amp had been described as having an amazing 3d staging. Which is the only reason I'm buying this amp to be honest, lol.

I've read two reviews stating so, in addition to Dsnuts. And I know the other two reviewers do not have such a high end DAP.

Thank you for the impressions of them and the ones for MX1 and Schitt Vali. I'm weighing my options here, which is why I ask. I want to purchase the cayin for $130 tomorrow and this guy right here might deter me from buying the cayin, lol.

Have fun with the new amp.

Sep 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #334 of 2,420
  Right, but this amp had been described as having an amazing 3d staging. Which is the only reason I'm buying this amp to be honest, lol.

I've read two reviews stating so, in addition to Dsnuts. And I know the other two reviewers do not have such a high end DAP.

Thank you for the impressions of them and the ones for MX1 and Schitt Vali. I'm weighing my options here, which is why I ask. I want to purchase the cayin for $130 tomorrow and this guy right here might deter me from buying the cayin, lol.

Have fun with the new amp.

^
Dood where are they selling these for $130???!!! Schiit i should have waited grrr!!! Is it at dat m_ass site???

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #337 of 2,420

^
Welp then it is a no brainer then, DEWiTTTT!!!
ksc75smile.gif

It bests the FiiO E17s and many have said best their new E12 so....... which is the same price in dat ssa_m site.

Alright, thanks for the encouragement. I will immediately join tomorrow.

I hope your listening experience goes for the best.. Good luck SF. :)

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #338 of 2,420
  Alright, thanks for the encouragement. I will immediately join tomorrow.

I hope your listening experience goes for the best.. Good luck SF. :)

^
It ain't gonna sound as sweet cuz i could have save $30 smackers on this bad boi. LoL

Sigh.... guess you gots to pay to play to be the 1st adapters. haha
triportsad.gif

Hype train is best ridden when matured and cheaper. hoho  
tongue_smile.gif

But it makes trollin' mo' fun that's fo' sho.
                                                                                            ..... you ain't gots what i gots. Wanna piece??? : P

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #339 of 2,420

^
It ain't gonna sound as sweet cuz i could have save $30 smackers on this bad boi. LoL

Sigh.... guess you gots to pay to play to be the 1st adapters. haha
triportsad.gif

Hype train is best ridden when matured and cheaper. hoho  
tongue_smile.gif

But it makes trollin' mo' fun that's fo' sho.
                                                                                            ..... you ain't gots what i gots. Wanna piece??? : P

Why YEEEYYUS I do.

But please,   
Do not give me a bitten piece, I know you have a right to do so since I only saved $30, but I do not want to get what I pay for. :)
That I can attest to. That is why the martin logans were so awesome for most of us, though it still is great to pay at least $250 for them.

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #340 of 2,420
I have now listened to mine for 4 hours. Really really great to have an amp again. but I am not sure if I like the sound of my e12diy better... I can't tell until it's back.
C5, great build. Very discrete difference with the bass boost, nice. The gain control is also more.. controlled compared to the e12diy. 

Will battery indicator stop the blink when fully charged ? 

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #345 of 2,420
My C5 showed up today WEEKS early! Not going to complain about that. Out of the box impressions with JVC FX850: Simply awesome. I've been A/B'ing it with my desktop Amp/DAC and it holds its own! Only thing I realized is I have no idea how to charge it... I must have a cord around here someplace to fix this (I have bins of cords). Excellent product at it's price point. Next up, I'll compare it to my E17, but I don't foresee the E17 keeping up to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back