The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Jun 13, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,698 of 2,420

Have had them like this for a few days and have had zero problems. The magnets are strong and the double sided tape holds very securely. Be sure to get the 3M tape as it is the best and has very strong adhesive. If you have any more questions, just ask. Remember also that this modification is fully reversible with no side effects. Cheers.

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #1,699 of 2,420
Have had them like this for a few days and have had zero problems. The magnets are strong and the double sided tape holds very securely. Be sure to get the 3M tape as it is the best and has very strong adhesive. If you have any more questions, just ask. Remember also that this modification is fully reversible with no side effects. Cheers.
for another option, I ended up strapping my c5 to the case for my x5 with 3m Velcro. That's come up very well for me. A $15 camera bag that's just the right size and yippity yippity, that's all folks!! :)

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,701 of 2,420
I have one of these getting delivered today.  But I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it.  I sent my Aurisonics 2.5's to Aurisonics to look at, because the X3ii wasn't driving them properly, and I wasn't getting much bass.  But if the Aurisonics were in good shape, then I'll need the amp to drive them properly, and get the bass that they are known for.  It's going to be so hard to let it sit in the box unopened until I get my 2.5's back, but, I'm on disability, and funds are kind of tight.  Jeremy at CTCAudio has been great to deal with, and I highly recommend them for any needs, or looking for the amp itself.  Fantastic customer service.
etysmile.gif
basshead.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #1,702 of 2,420
Anyone tried the C5 against the "other" C5 (JDSL)? There's surprisingly little talk about this comparison. I had a Cayin C5 and actually chose my v1 E12 over it, mostly due to the more subtle bass boost. But I just booted my E12 in favor of the JDSL C5 and now I'm curious what I'd think if I had the two C5's to try at the same time.

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,703 of 2,420
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but CTC Audio has the C5 on special at the moment. Gold or black - BLACK (?!) - for US$159.

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #1,705 of 2,420
Has anyone paired an x3ii with the c5 and be able to comment on it? I'm currently using an x3ii with Hugo but considering selling the Hugo and replacing it with the c5 (and some money in my pocket).

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,706 of 2,420
Well, listening with my RHA T10i's, and Atrio MG7's, the sound is powerful, holographic, and a wider soundstage. I love this amp! I can't wait to try it with my Aurisonics 2.5s, the bass should be mindblowing.

I'll be looking out for your impressions with A 2.5's....
biggrin.gif
Looking at them and the new Future Sonics G10 for something more mobile.

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #1,707 of 2,420
Has anyone paired an x3ii with the c5 and be able to comment on it? I'm currently using an x3ii with Hugo but considering selling the Hugo and replacing it with the c5 (and some money in my pocket).

Well, I use the C5 (with X5) for some months now and the Hugo (with DX90) only for 3 weeks...
Imo the Hugo is definitely an upgrade in sq (more natural and detailled) over the C5 (warmer signature)....but this isn't strange considering the price of both.
C5 is ''bang for buck'' and a great amp anyway! I think it also has more power then Hugo and it's easier to stack with a dap...

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #1,708 of 2,420
  Well, I use the C5 (with X5) for some months now and the Hugo (with DX90) only for 3 weeks...
Imo the Hugo is definitely an upgrade in sq (more natural and detailled) over the C5 (warmer signature)....but this isn't strange considering the price of both.
C5 is ''bang for buck'' and a great amp anyway! I think it also has more power then Hugo and it's easier to stack with a dap...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back