The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Jun 28, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #1,713 of 2,420
Could anyone comment on whether or not the c5 has enough power to drive a Beyer t1 and a shure 1540? Seperately of course!

I own the T1, C5 combo. on high gain, at position 4 out of 9, I am at the threshold of pain. I can't go past 5. My input is 255/255 of DX 90's Line Out.

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,714 of 2,420
Does anyone have an issue with a channel cutting out on the C5? Quite frequently the right channel on mine goes out and if I give it a gentle bump it comes back in, kinda like a loose connection somewhere. It does not matter which earphones or headphones I use so I don't think it is plug related. Works fine otherwise. Curious to hear if any others have experienced this. Cheers.

Jun 28, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,715 of 2,420
that happened to me , i wasd ok with c5 and dunu and gro7 , when i got the havi pro 1 it started doing that - plug related i believe- not sure what the havi plug has .

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #1,717 of 2,420
Never had any issue like this so far, so I would send it back for repair.

Cheers,
K

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #1,718 of 2,420
Mine is working great and I'm absolutely gaga by what I'm hearing through my ZA duoza. Would be nice to bring some of that magic to my desktop rig. Anyone can comment on Cayin desktop tube amp HA-1A?

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,719 of 2,420
Mine is working great and I'm absolutely gaga by what I'm hearing through my ZA duoza. Would be nice to bring some of that magic to my desktop rig. Anyone can comment on Cayin desktop tube amp HA-1A?

Yep, I can. I've had this amp for a while now and I love it! Smooth and very powerful with typical tube smoothness and detail retrieval. It is also a pre-amp and does that job very well too. I have it on my desk(it looks great!) and whenever I have someone in my office, they always comment on how good the thing looks. Have five desk-top amps and it is one of my favourites. I also have an HA-2i solid state hp amp from Cayin and it is also a great amp. These people know what they are doing when it comes to building amps and they have an extensive line of stereo tube amps and some of them are pretty expensive.
I have my HA-1A for sale at the moment as I am moving to the USA and my model is a 220volt unit so I am selling it prior to my move. PM me if you are interested. It is in excellent condition and I have a non smoking and pet free home. If you decide to buy this amp, you will not be disappointed.
Hope this was helpful. Cheers.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,720 of 2,420
Thanks for sharing. How does it compare with the C5 and N6? I'm bordering on going off thread here but I gather other cayin fans might be interested to know too. The N6 Is purportedly brighter so not all are tuned the same way I gather. Btw love to get yours if I do decide but not yet. My wallet's recovering.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #1,721 of 2,420
Thanks for sharing. How does it compare with the C5 and N6? I'm bordering on going off thread here but I gather other cayin fans might be interested to know too. The N6 Is purportedly brighter so not all are tuned the same way I gather. Btw love to get yours if I do decide but not yet. My wallet's recovering.

Not sure how to compare the two as they are different amps and I am not a technical type audiophile so can't describe what I hear in technical terms but suffice it to say that it is a very smooth amp and it seemed to pair very well with whatever headphone I used with it be it a bright headphone or a more darker laid back one. I tended to prefer a brighter headphone with it like my Beyer T90's or my AKG Q701's. Not heard the N6 so can't comment on it. Yes, the Cayin amps are not all tuned the same so sound different from one another.My three Cayin amps all sound different but enjoyable in their own way.
PM me about my HA-1A and maybe we can work something out.
Cheers.

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #1,722 of 2,420
Slightly off topic as it's not about the C5... however, it is Cayin news:

If you have or are thinking of getting a C5, and wonder what to stack with it, there's exciting news to report on the N5 DAP project. Check out the product updates from Cayin HERE.

Jul 2, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #1,723 of 2,420

If you have or are thinking of getting a C5, and wonder what to stack with it, there's exciting news to report on the N5 DAP project. Check out the product updates from Cayin HERE.

Interesting really, I was thinking of buying the AK Jr back then but the N5 looks more interesting. Pricing is what I would look first though 

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,724 of 2,420

I'm glued to it. Waiting for impressions to start rolling in.

Jul 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,725 of 2,420
I was thinking of getting this amp to pair with my LG G3 phone with my Z5 and Velvets, but should I get the C5DAC instead? Debating whether double amping will make the sound worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back