The CanalWorks Discussion thread
Sep 21, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #78 of 201
I've never heard of them doing reshells. For that might as well look at KumitateK mentioned in another post on here. Japanese, good build and aesthetics.

Although I'm not sure if I should mention this as it's not been updated on his site yet - but since it seems like he hasn't updated twitter as well he might have just not gotten to it yet. He's under the weather after being overloaded with requests and got ill recently (at least that's what he told me), so he's closing down shop for a few months (till end of the year I guess). You can ask him yourself, he has an account on H-F.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #79 of 201
  I've never heard of them doing reshells. For that might as well look at KumitateK mentioned in another post on here. Japanese, good build and aesthetics.

Although I'm not sure if I should mention this as it's not been updated on his site yet - but since it seems like he hasn't updated twitter as well he might have just not gotten to it yet. He's under the weather after being overloaded with requests and got ill recently (at least that's what he told me), so he's closing down shop for a few months (till end of the year I guess). You can ask him yourself, he has an account on H-F.

People might want to hold off on that; I was told that he's had some health issues, so he's backlogged with orders (locally) and so he's not taking new orders until December and that he's reorganizing his website and stuff to make things easier for international people.
Extraneous information... doh!

However, he is pretty awesome, and has great ideas. CanalWorks, on the other hand, does not do reshells, AFAIK.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #80 of 201
confused.gif
 I'm guessing you didn't open the spoiler?

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #82 of 201
"Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has those days" - Hannah Montana. It wasn't even a mistake on your part. I don't even know why I put it in a spoiler to begin with.

You know you're an audiophile when the strongest recorded typhoon is hitting the coast of Southeast Asia and the first thing that came to mind was that hopefully JM-Plus will still be left standing. And then you call all of your relatives in Fuzhou to make sure they'll be fine.

Seriously, I wish everyone over there the best of luck. Don't let Regina get blown away from her Kalteen bars...

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #86 of 201
Well that'd be the earpiece on the right.

I'd imagine your mind would be blown if that resistor came in contact under a rainy day....?

Matte bodies (from the looks of it) instead of clear transparent ones. That's novel, I might do that.

Anyways I've emailed JM-Plus for more info on the order and impressions process after they had confirmed that they would take overseas orders (in general). I'll share as much as I can when they get back to me.

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #89 of 201
listen to them briefly at my local shop. null audio.

same thoughts as the comments is this thread.

demo with dx50 1.2.2fw

l05qd-sounds very sharp on vocals. abit piercing at times. but space and separation is very good. fast attack on high freqs. should sound better with ak120

51psts 33ohms-very 3d sound. every note is solid and full, like tennis ball hitting. more enjoyable than l05qd. smoother sound in comparison.

looking forward to hidition demos.

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #90 of 201
l05qd-sounds very sharp on vocals. abit piercing at times. but space and separation is very good. fast attack on high freqs. should sound better with ak120

51psts 33ohms-very 3d sound. every note is solid and full, like tennis ball hitting. more enjoyable than l05qd. smoother sound in comparison.

The piercing vocals that you hear on the QD are almost certainly due to the shallow fit on the (terrible) demo molds. A true deep-fit custom would minimize harshness problems. The shallower you fit earphones like these, the more prominent the treble spikes, as the quarter-wave resonances move downward in the spectrum due to increased residual canal volume. I have no idea why CW makes demos that way. It's not flattering to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back