The Campfire Audio Orbit Is Available Now At Audio46
Dec 12, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #31 of 90
Finally got a session with these today at the gym - and fit was an issue as it took about 30 minutes into my workout of trying to jam them far enough into my ear to FINALLY hear what they’re supposed to sound like after 30 minutes of thinking, “gee, I thought these were going to have a meaty low end.” 😂

So, for me, fit is a serious issue and it’s very difficult to get the chunky earpieces far enough with the very stubby nozzles and undersized ear tips to make the seal that’s ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to get the sonic experience these are meant to deliver - otherwise they’re enjoyable but not too special.

But once I DID get them in, they were hands down better substantially in detail, dynamics, punch and slam, and VOLUME, than my Gen 1 AirPods Pro, Gen 1 Sennheiser Momentum TWS, AKG ANC TWS (the model is escaping me right now), Klipsch T5 II, Bose QuietComfort TWS earbuds (gen 1), Master & Dynamic TWS (model escaping me also, sorry).

Hands down, the best TWS I’ve ever heard, they never fell out, were quiet sturdy in my ears — just that the stubby nozzles and undersized ear tips make it very hard to get that SEAL — so I will have to experiment with third party tips although I fear that they will likely NOT fit in the case with third party tips since they barely fit now with the tiny stock tips and sometimes are a challenge to fit in the case and get out of the case.

So sonically a major win after getting a seal, and for for a mixed bag since they don’t fall out but they are hard to get placed in the ears correctly to get the seal.
I had the same experience with the stock silicone tips. I’m not a foam person and tend to resort to Azla tips.

I had a pair of Sedna Fit regulars on hand and they barely fit in the case. It closes but unless I push them down, the lid slightly scrapes the IEMs when I close the case.

I ended up ordering the Sedna Fit Shorts to see if they work better.

Dec 12, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 90
I just received the Large Comply True Grip Pro for Sony TWS and can confirm they fit both the Orbit and my my ears. They also fit nicely within the case without force. They took an extra second to push onto the metal Orbit nozzle, but seems like a feature - won’t fall off.

Attachments

• 6F6B5318-D0C5-4007-B2A6-AE5CFC9766BA.jpeg
    6F6B5318-D0C5-4007-B2A6-AE5CFC9766BA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • B1F2DE1A-4F46-4514-8DD8-04D6C928932A.jpeg
    B1F2DE1A-4F46-4514-8DD8-04D6C928932A.jpeg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 12, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #33 of 90
I had the same experience with the stock silicone tips. I’m not a foam person and tend to resort to Azla tips.

I had a pair of Sedna Fit regulars on hand and they barely fit in the case. It closes but unless I push them down, the lid slightly scrapes the IEMs when I close the case.

I ended up ordering the Sedna Fit Shorts to see if they work better.
Looking forward to hearing your report on how those Sedna Fit Shorts work. :)

I just received the Large Comply True Grip Pro for Sony TWS and can confirm they fit both the Orbit and my my ears. They also fit nicely within the case without force. They took an extra second to push onto the metal Orbit nozzle, but seems like a feature - won’t fall off.

Woohoo! Thanks for the update -- I'm curious to try those now to see if they are an easier fit into my ears and don't require as much mashing into my brain as the foam stock tips I'm using now.

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #34 of 90
Looking forward to hearing your report on how those Sedna Fit Shorts work. :)
They should be delivered today! I have never owned a pair of Universal IEMs (besides Solaris 2020) that fit in my ears easily. I must have weird shaped ears!

Dec 12, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #35 of 90
Just got these today and wondering if they'll stay. I have had a horrible time with BT IEMs. So far the sound is captivating enough to try them for a couple for a weeks before I decide. The bass is decent enough. Great energy in the mids. Treble is rolled off so that works for me. Surprisingly, the DX160 is doing really well with them.
1670885200515.png

Dec 12, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #36 of 90
They should be delivered today! I have never owned a pair of Universal IEMs (besides Solaris 2020) that fit in my ears easily. I must have weird shaped ears!
Well, the Orbit do fit physically easily in my ears -- just that without forcing them in further, I get no proper seal from the tips and the bass disappears. 😅 But once I do wrestle and twist a bit, I can force them far enough in to make up for the too-short-ness and too-small-ness of the tips, to force a seal.

Dec 12, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #37 of 90
One thing I did forget to mention that was "not good" -- connection is slightly flaky, although not bad enough that I remembered it enough to report it earlier, as the fit and sound dominated my mental notes about it, so much so that I forgot that about 3 times in the 80 minutes I had them in for my workout, the left earpiece sound would cut out for about 500 ms and disappear before crackling back in.

It was kind of jarring, but it recovered so quickly and happened infrequently enough that it really didn't so negatively color my experience of them that I even remembered to report on it when I gave my initial impressions earlier this morning. 😅

Dec 12, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #38 of 90
One thing I did forget to mention that was "not good" -- connection is slightly flaky, although not bad enough that I remembered it enough to report it earlier, as the fit and sound dominated my mental notes about it, so much so that I forgot that about 3 times in the 80 minutes I had them in for my workout, the left earpiece sound would cut out for about 500 ms and disappear before crackling back in.

It was kind of jarring, but it recovered so quickly and happened infrequently enough that it really didn't so negatively color my experience of them that I even remembered to report on it when I gave my initial impressions earlier this morning. 😅
The flaky connection is an issue for me as well. Your explanation of it sums up my experience!

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #39 of 90
More stubby TWS's that don't seal well. Fantastic! I've tried 3 or 4 dozen at this point. The wf xm4 have yet to be beat even by the more expensive buds from overpriced brands. That said, the hiby R3 2022 and Xenns Up combo make a compelling argument at the gym.

Dec 13, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #40 of 90
More stubby TWS's that don't seal well. Fantastic! I've tried 3 or 4 dozen at this point. The wf xm4 have yet to be beat even by the more expensive buds from overpriced brands. That said, the hiby R3 2022 and Xenns Up combo make a compelling argument at the gym.
In my opinion the xm4's are easily beaten by the MW08s. My Orbits are on the way. I love the CA sound signature and hope the fit is not a problem.
JoshG how do you use cabled iem's in the gym? I could never keep my cable from getting snagged and ripping one out of my ear.

Dec 13, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #41 of 90
In my opinion the xm4's are easily beaten by the MW08s. My Orbits are on the way. I love the CA sound signature and hope the fit is not a problem.
JoshG how do you use cabled iem's in the gym? I could never keep my cable from getting snagged and ripping one out of my ear.
By the Mw08's? I wouldn't know because I couldn't get those to actually fit in my ear, as they seem designed to fit into non-human ears. Xm4 with sedna azla tips though sound really really good for TWS. Of course, I use EQ. I am not a purist by any means. I've tried all the high end brands and TWS like Sennheiser, B and O, B and W, etc. None of them had better resolution and features than the Sony's.

For cabled iem use, i just run the cable under my shirt and into my pocket. I picked up the Kinera cable and don't have any problems with snagging. Depends on what you are doing though. A HIIT workout with cabled iems doesn't work super well. Standard weight lifitng/body building (squat, bench, overhead press, deadlift) are not a problem for me. As an aside, the Hiby r3 2022 sounds better than the previous one. Not a huge difference, but better amp and it seems more responsive as well.

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #42 of 90
By the Mw08's? I wouldn't know because I couldn't get those to actually fit in my ear, as they seem designed to fit into non-human ears. Xm4 with sedna azla tips though sound really really good for TWS. Of course, I use EQ. I am not a purist by any means. I've tried all the high end brands and TWS like Sennheiser, B and O, B and W, etc. None of them had better resolution and features than the Sony's.

For cabled iem use, i just run the cable under my shirt and into my pocket. I picked up the Kinera cable and don't have any problems with snagging. Depends on what you are doing though. A HIIT workout with cabled iems doesn't work super well. Standard weight lifitng/body building (squat, bench, overhead press, deadlift) are not a problem for me. As an aside, the Hiby r3 2022 sounds better than the previous one. Not a huge difference, but better amp and it seems more responsive as well.

I do the same with cabled IEM’s at the gym - under my shirt and into my pocket which holds my EarStudio ES100. I will always keep that as an option but fall back to TWS for sheer convenience, particularly when I’m in a rush.

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #43 of 90
I do the same with cabled IEM’s at the gym - under my shirt and into my pocket which holds my EarStudio ES100. I will always keep that as an option but fall back to TWS for sheer convenience, particularly when I’m in a rush.
Agreed. My xm4 stay in my gym bag just in case. Check out r3. I compared btr5, es100 qudelix, go blu, and r3. R3 won on sound alone using bt, but if throw an SD card in it, it sounds even better. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #44 of 90
Even with running the cable under my shirt, I always ended up snagging it somewhere. I started working out at home and just blasting my music from my stereo. Once the wife started complaining I started trying Bluetooth. First over ears, which was a bad idea. Then I went through dozens of in ears from Chi-fi ones like Sabbat to Sony and B&O. None came close to the sound quality and fit of M&D.

Dec 13, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #45 of 90
Even with running the cable under my shirt, I always ended up snagging it somewhere. I started working out at home and just blasting my music from my stereo. Once the wife started complaining I started trying Bluetooth. First over ears, which was a bad idea. Then I went through dozens of in ears from Chi-fi ones like Sabbat to Sony and B&O. None came close to the sound quality and fit of M&D.
Well, we all have different eat shapes I guess. I wanted ro like m and d but they wouldn't seat so sounded tinny. Best actual tws combo I've tried is utws5 with blessing 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back