The Campfire Audio Orbit Is Available Now At Audio46
Dec 7, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #16 of 90
And at $250 they better sound WAY better than the AirPods Pro or Campfire won’t sell any of these.
I've not tried the AirPods Pro 2nd gen, but while nothing for me beats the seamless user experience of my AirPods Pro 1st gen -- because I live in an Apple ecosystem largely -- they're my constant backup pair rather than my default because the fit is "acceptable" but not great and I like the sound of even my original Sennheiser Momentum Wireless (1st gen) better, and the latter work for the gym than the AirPods Pro.

I'm hoping Orbit does sound markedly better than AirPods Pro -- which really for what it is, sound pretty solid, I admit.

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 90
I've not tried the AirPods Pro 2nd gen, but while nothing for me beats the seamless user experience of my AirPods Pro 1st gen -- because I live in an Apple ecosystem largely -- they're my constant backup pair rather than my default because the fit is "acceptable" but not great and I like the sound of even my original Sennheiser Momentum Wireless (1st gen) better, and the latter work for the gym than the AirPods Pro.

I'm hoping Orbit does sound markedly better than AirPods Pro -- which really for what it is, sound pretty solid, I admit.

The APP2s fit me better and sound generally better with the ANC turned off.

I agree that lacking ANC is a problem for these at that price point.

Dec 8, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #19 of 90
Dec 8, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #21 of 90
At this price there's very fierce competition, with TWS that offers ANC(so you can wear them on the plane) and ambient mode like airpods, galaxy buds, Bose and Sony. There's also ZE3000 with sound quality focus at a cheaper price.

Aesthetic wise I think the case has a pretty nice shape, but the green and beige color remind me more of puke than forest. I really wish this one would offer sound better than Airpods Pro 2, say an andromeda in a TWS form, with just slightly worse technicalities. From the one review looks like it's again a bass focused pair that try to mimic a lot of the competitors in this price. I'll definitely try it sometime, but likely won't end up buying it.

It's a shame that I haven't found any tws made by "Hifi brands" that are definitively better than Airpods Pro 2 or 1000xm4 yet. For over the ear ANC market you've got a few brands churning out great products recently, and I hope that would soon happen to tws too.

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #22 of 90
On a whim I decided to buy a pair. Should be here tomorrow.

Up until recently I have not had any interest in wireless HiFi, however Im excited to try these.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #23 of 90
I like the color 😊
More metal parts would have been nice though

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #24 of 90
Okay.. barely opened them up… I love the look but all then included tips look absurdly small and I can’t imagine any of them will keep these in my ears - but they had a protective plastic over the charging bits on the IEM’s so I haven’t tried except with the stock that were immediately on them and they were definitely way too small — but all the tips look just as small to me. 😂

I will be traveling almost all day tomorrow but will attempt to test them late tonight or early in the morning and I have my third party tips ready as I am almost certain these stocks tips will be useless in my giant ear holes. 😂

As a reference on the last thumbnail below, the “big” light colored tips on the bottom are the tiny ones that were way too small for my ears.

I’ve never heard a problem with stock tips being this small and I’ve tons of IEMs and TWS, so this is a little weird I must say…
A804F27F-9FFD-45E1-AA98-2FBF91371D21.jpeg
1BDF8323-76C1-4EDC-A034-17242A8F2E76.jpeg
FBCD9D5C-747E-4483-929F-F757E768B22A.jpeg

Attachments

• EDF73AFD-A034-46AD-AC3B-6C349B44E447.jpeg
    EDF73AFD-A034-46AD-AC3B-6C349B44E447.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1B503CD9-74FF-4F1E-8134-C15957782DCF.jpeg
    1B503CD9-74FF-4F1E-8134-C15957782DCF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 04CBCCDF-E2C1-4617-BB1E-D0101AD70C69.jpeg
    04CBCCDF-E2C1-4617-BB1E-D0101AD70C69.jpeg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 9, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #25 of 90
I’ve had my pair in for a few hours now. They do look a lot better in person than in stock photos, that’s for sure!

As for initial sound impressions… holy mid bass! They sounded a little stuffy for my liking but with the built in equalizer I was able to adjust the frequencies a bit. Soundstage is much better than I was expecting. Imaging is good as well.

These definitely have some of that Campfire Audio “secret sauce”.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #26 of 90
I usually use Large Comply foam for everything Campfire, but the silicone tips were large enough to fit my ear canal. Snug. Comfortable. And silicone allows for cleaner treble and slightly less mid bass impact.
F279D2BF-FA1B-4395-A516-E4657D49CCD8.jpeg

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #27 of 90
For me no ANC is a big bonus. I've never heard a pair of ANC headphones or iems that sound even remotely decent for my preferences even though I realize why people like it. I also like the colrway, they match my Koss Porta Pros and that's a bonus. CA is my favorite IEM company so these will be in my cart soon.

Dec 12, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #28 of 90
Finally got a session with these today at the gym - and fit was an issue as it took about 30 minutes into my workout of trying to jam them far enough into my ear to FINALLY hear what they’re supposed to sound like after 30 minutes of thinking, “gee, I thought these were going to have a meaty low end.” 😂

So, for me, fit is a serious issue and it’s very difficult to get the chunky earpieces far enough with the very stubby nozzles and undersized ear tips to make the seal that’s ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to get the sonic experience these are meant to deliver - otherwise they’re enjoyable but not too special.

But once I DID get them in, they were hands down better substantially in detail, dynamics, punch and slam, and VOLUME, than my Gen 1 AirPods Pro, Gen 1 Sennheiser Momentum TWS, AKG ANC TWS (the model is escaping me right now), Klipsch T5 II, Bose QuietComfort TWS earbuds (gen 1), Master & Dynamic TWS (model escaping me also, sorry).

Hands down, the best TWS I’ve ever heard, they never fell out, were quiet sturdy in my ears — just that the stubby nozzles and undersized ear tips make it very hard to get that SEAL — so I will have to experiment with third party tips although I fear that they will likely NOT fit in the case with third party tips since they barely fit now with the tiny stock tips and sometimes are a challenge to fit in the case and get out of the case.

So sonically a major win after getting a seal, and for for a mixed bag since they don’t fall out but they are hard to get placed in the ears correctly to get the seal.

Dec 12, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #29 of 90
Finally got a session with these today at the gym - and fit was an issue as it took about 30 minutes into my workout of trying to jam them far enough into my ear to FINALLY hear what they’re supposed to sound like after 30 minutes of thinking, “gee, I thought these were going to have a meaty low end.” 😂

So, for me, fit is a serious issue and it’s very difficult to get the chunky earpieces far enough with the very stubby nozzles and undersized ear tips to make the seal that’s ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to get the sonic experience these are meant to deliver - otherwise they’re enjoyable but not too special.

But once I DID get them in, they were hands down better substantially in detail, dynamics, punch and slam, and VOLUME, than my Gen 1 AirPods Pro, Gen 1 Sennheiser Momentum TWS, AKG ANC TWS (the model is escaping me right now), Klipsch T5 II, Bose QuietComfort TWS earbuds (gen 1), Master & Dynamic TWS (model escaping me also, sorry).

Hands down, the best TWS I’ve ever heard, they never fell out, were quiet sturdy in my ears — just that the stubby nozzles and undersized ear tips make it very hard to get that SEAL — so I will have to experiment with third party tips although I fear that they will likely NOT fit in the case with third party tips since they barely fit now with the tiny stock tips and sometimes are a challenge to fit in the case and get out of the case.

So sonically a major win after getting a seal, and for for a mixed bag since they don’t fall out but they are hard to get placed in the ears correctly to get the seal.
Did you end up using the foam tips or the silicone? I usually use foam for everything, so I've ordered some new tips to do some "tip rolling." With Orbit, I used the silicone and was surprised I didn't have any fit issues.

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #30 of 90
Did you end up using the foam tips or the silicone? I usually use foam for everything, so I've ordered some new tips to do some "tip rolling." With Orbit, I used the silicone and was surprised I didn't have any fit issues.
The foam -- the largest they had, which were all way smaller than normal tips for me.

This morning I think I got the hang of forcing them into my ears -- once seated, the huge plus is that they don't seem to move -- unlike other TWS I've had which inevitably start to loosen up, forcing a frustrated return trip to mash them back in, the Orbit are superb at just staying where they're put.

It does hurt a little to force them in as far as I need them to make the seal as I wrangle and twist a bit, but once there, it stays in -- I found that yesterday as well, and that's even with profuse sweating, which is what happens to me at the gym. Profuse sweating often kills otherwise stable TWS sets for me.

The only downside I found is that smashed into my ears, there were instances where I'm somehow (or was it my sweat?) triggering volume raises without touching them with my hands -- so that was annoying as they do get quite loud. I'm not sure how I remedied it, as I just remember picking up the phone and lowering the volume from them about 4-5 times in a row before the automatic volume-raising stopped somehow.

Overall, though, I'm thrilled with this purchase and I'm definitely keeping these. They are quite substantially overall better than any of my other TWS pairs for the specific purpose of gym use, where I need fit that does not fall out and the best possible sound, since I am more often listening to music than watching content, and I'm spoiled when it comes to SQ. 😅

They would not be suitable for me as a replacement for other use cases in which I use my AirPods Pro (1st gen), Jabra Elite Active 65t, etc., as these other sets are far easier to take in and out of my ears as needed throughout the day for sporadic / episodic use for calls, etc.

Well, technically, they aren't hard to put in a pinch for those uses, actually -- just that without the seal, I get a far less special treatment, and when I put in the Orbit, it's because I want the convenience of TWS while giving up the least in terms of SQ -- so I'm far more apt to just use my AirPods Pro or other TWS sets for other more casual usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back