The Campfire Audio Orbit Is Available Now At Audio46
Dec 24, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #76 of 90
It's hard for me to recommend these as a solo daily driver because of the lack of quality of life features PLUS the fact that the sound presentation isn't differentiating enough (to me) to make up for it at this price point. I also think for most, they would require EQ. However, if you can get the EQ to your liking, from a pure sound presentation perspective, these perform well. Everything in this price range has its potential weakness, so it's all about your tastes and preferences :)
As I expected, made redundant by the Airpods Pro 2. Good to know its confirmed though lol

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #77 of 90
I'm going to try them as well. For me, it's less about signature as I EQ. It's about resolution, stage, and tone. I'm going to pick these and the fw5 up just to test.
Fw5 are trash. Look great. Terrible shape, much like the beyerdynamic tws. Neither made for human ears. Orbits are charging as I could not connect them out of the box.

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #78 of 90
As I expected, made redundant by the Airpods Pro 2. Good to know its confirmed though lol
Unless the 2nd gen get substantially louder than the OG, not true for me.. I never use my AirPods Pro at the gym anymore as they simply can’t rise above the noise at the gym for me like the Orbit, despite the lack of ANC on the latter. 😅

Jan 1, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #79 of 90
So, sending these back. They have potential but arent ready for prime time. No stems, can't seal. Tuning is good. Tone is okay. Build quality looks good, but just not ergonomic, even with other tips. This is a beta, much like the fiio and should not have been released imo. Ad far as actual best sound, the Noble's TWs takes the cake. Xm4 right behind but better features. Technics az60 is good too and 1 more evo. All are better than orbit. Orbit mkii could be great, but not now.

Jan 31, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #82 of 90
This thread looks like the only one dedicated to Orbits, so here is my video about this model

Nice work on this review. I also find these earphones charming :). Campfire has taken a step forward in making their house-sound more convenient and accessible to a wider audience. If there were additional color schemes, I might buy a second pair just for the fun of it.

Feb 24, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #83 of 90
Our review of the Orbit is now posted. Some pros and cons as with a lot of TWS currently, and it should suit those looking for something for EDM and R'n'B.

https://headfonics.com/campfire-audio-orbit-review/

DSCF7718.jpg

Feb 27, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #84 of 90
I don’t know what the warranty is on these but they sadly didn’t even last me a month before the left driver died on me - and it responds to taps and charges so it’s not a matter of the battery, but no sound. 😅 I missed the return window because I was just too dang busy but I’m just going to chalk it up as a loss. It was mostly great for a couple of weeks but it’s definitely the shortest service I’ve ever had from any of my audio purchases.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #85 of 90
I don’t know what the warranty is on these but they sadly didn’t even last me a month before the left driver died on me - and it responds to taps and charges so it’s not a matter of the battery, but no sound. 😅 I missed the return window because I was just too dang busy but I’m just going to chalk it up as a loss. It was mostly great for a couple of weeks but it’s definitely the shortest service I’ve ever had from any of my audio purchases.
Contact Campfire, they've worked with me beyond the warranty on a purchase before and their customer service has been excellent.

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #86 of 90
Contact Campfire, they've worked with me beyond the warranty on a purchase before and their customer service has been excellent.
I will try that! I've just been lazy and trying to pretend that it's not a problem... ol' ostrich with head in the sand, I suppose. :sweat_smile:

They sounded marvelous so I miss them -- they were set to be THE gym TWS solution for me so I was really disappointed when the left driver went on strike.

Also, it convinced me of something I suspected all along -- this being my first ever Campfire Audio experience -- that I would really dig their "house sound." I do!

Feb 27, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #87 of 90
I will try that! I've just been lazy and trying to pretend that it's not a problem... ol' ostrich with head in the sand, I suppose. :sweat_smile:

They sounded marvelous so I miss them -- they were set to be THE gym TWS solution for me so I was really disappointed when the left driver went on strike.

Also, it convinced me of something I suspected all along -- this being my first ever Campfire Audio experience -- that I would really dig their "house sound." I do!
I'm super excited to get mine... they're currently out for delivery! Purchased for the same reason, decent sound while working out, going for photo walks and podcasts. Campfire has been my favorite company for their quality builds, house sound and customer service... with all do respect to some other incredible companies like ZMF.

Feb 28, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #88 of 90
Got the Orbits in yesterdayand so far I really like them but there's a few things I have some quibbles about.
What I like:
1: I might be in the minority here but I really like the colorway. They remind me of the beige Porta Pros and have a unique flair and I can see them being sold at REI.
2: The sound. Big and bassy... perfect for the gym, watching movies on your phone and the added weight adds some natural timbre to podcasts and audiobooks.
3: Wireless charging. I can charge these and my phone at the same time with 1 cable and reverse wireless charging. Perfect for travel
4: The App. It's nice and simple and wrks pretty well.
5: BT range! These reach further than my ifi GO Blu and the Qudelix 5K. Very impressed.
6: They're pretty stable and relatively comfortable in the ear.

What I don't like:
1: The colorway. As much as I like how they look, the second you put them in your ear they look like hearing aids. Also, I'm a lot darker skin tone than the buds and that makes them stand out even more. Fortunately I don't look at myself when I'm out and about walking around and I don't give a care about what anyone else thinks about how I look so... they look good in the case, good enough for me.
2: The sound. These aren't technical beasts by any stretch of the imagination. They're tuned for portable use and pure fun... if you're getting these to critique the philharmonic you'll be sorely disappointed. Throw on some Eric B and Rakim and they shine. My past experiences with CA dynamic drivers is they take a couple weeks to break in and open up so this is 1st impressions.
3: Slow charging speeds.
4: The App. Not sure what's up with the numbered presets with no descriptions. Might be cool if they added sound profiles based on their other mid range models like the Honeydew, Polaris 2, IO, etc. That's be a lot more fun and interesting.
5: BT occasionally pops out when throwing on a jacket or adjusting the iems. This isn't a Campfire problem, it's with every single TWS I've ever tried.
6: The comfort isn't anywhere close to that of any other Campfire product I've tried. They're pretty big and the shallow and wide nozzle isn't my favorite. They're closest to the OG Andromeda (from memory) but I would think the Solaris might be the closest comparison. Don't expect a Honeydew experience here, they're not even in the same stratosphere with comfort. Still, they're very comfy for a TWS. Can't expect the world every time.

Conclusion: I really like these a lot so far. They're mainly going to be used for the gym, hiking/camping, running (but I usually prefer no music when running) or days like today when it's snowing outside and I don't want to risk something else getting damp. I'll report back later after the drivers get enough time to open up.

Attachments

• 20230228_102454.JPG
    20230228_102454.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 7, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #89 of 90
My review of the Orbit is posted on my blog.

*A version of this will also be posted on eCoustics in the near future.

Pros: CFA, good fit
Cons: For the price, not the best option. Hopefully updates (or new model) will counter any perceived discrepancies.

I still like it, but there are options.

wA0Wmku.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back