The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Jun 22, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #287 of 831
Did they have to fit special mmcx connectors for this?
Yes they've updated their MMCX connections for the IE900. They also have a cable specifically designed for the IE900.

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #288 of 831
I am really enjoyuing the 900s. They seem to light up the music from within.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #289 of 831
A new thread for me to post in as a new owner of a Brise Audio product, thanks to @Nostoi! Thie BSEP for IE900 arrived today, incredibly impressive looking and feeling cable - I intially thought there was a volume difference versus IE900 stock cable but I think that was time of day and my brain was more tuned in to work, not a good time on a coffee break to test a new toy for a few mins! One minor annoyance is the IEMs sit very loose and freely rotate when not in my ears, the same as with the IER-M9... I can live with it but just means a bit more work inserting in my ears.

Anyway, pictures...

Brise-3.jpg

Brise-2.jpg

Brise-1.jpg

Brise-4.jpg

Brise-5.jpg

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #290 of 831
A new thread for me to post in as a new owner of a Brise Audio product, thanks to @Nostoi! Thie BSEP for IE900 arrived today, incredibly impressive looking and feeling cable - I intially thought there was a volume difference versus IE900 stock cable but I think that was time of day and my brain was more tuned in to work, not a good time on a coffee break to test a new toy for a few mins! One minor annoyance is the IEMs sit very loose and freely rotate when not in my ears, the same as with the IER-M9... I can live with it but just means a bit more work inserting in my ears.

Anyway, pictures...

Yes I hear you on how they sit. I find the memory wire needs some tweaking so that they remain put. It also helps to have the slider fairly high to tighten the slack.

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #291 of 831
Yes I hear you on how they sit. I find the memory wire needs some tweaking so that they remain put. It also helps to have the slider fairly high to tighten the slack.

Yes same here - they actually swung off my ears at first but a bit of adjustment keeps them in. Yes slider right the way up also.

Off for my morning walk shortly so will see how they pass that test.

I need to find another case for them as too big for the IE900 case!

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #292 of 831
Yes same here - they actually swung off my ears at first but a bit of adjustment keeps them in. Yes slider right the way up also.

Off for my morning walk shortly so will see how they pass that test.

I need to find another case for them as too big for the IE900 case!
This case should work well with the cable and a DAP. Fits my Lotoo and the Brise very well. This is also a fantastic case, albeit more expensive.

The Brise I have still fits the IE900 case, but it's defo a tight fit and I wouldn't want to apply any pressure on it.

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #293 of 831

Anyway, pictures...

Brise-3.jpg

Brise-2.jpg

Brise-1.jpg

Brise-4.jpg

Brise-5.jpg
The wire config on your cable actually looks more like the Asuha Ref 2 style, thicker, which makes sense because both are 8 strands. Here's a photo of the Asuha Ref 2 wire beside the STR7-Ref, the latter being 4-core.

20210624_083404.jpg

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #294 of 831
Worth to upgrade from Yatono 4w to ultimate?
Sorry for the late reply, but here is my opinion.

If you have a lot of disposable money that you have no where else to spend, then yeah, why not, its a clear upgrade after all. But if you are not willing to spend that much on a cable, then you should be just as well off with your first generation yatono 4w.

FYI, I personally rank the Asuha ref 2 above the original Yatono 4w, and I rank the Yatono ultimate just slightly above Asuha Ref 2.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #296 of 831
@Nostoi Do you know whether any cable with MMCX connectors from Brise will fit the IE 900, or is it config specific to the IE 900 that must be requested?
You have to ask for the IE900 specific MMCX plugs. I can confirm that my other Brise cable which has MMCX plugs will not fit the IE900.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #297 of 831
This case should work well with the cable and a DAP. Fits my Lotoo and the Brise very well. This is also a fantastic case, albeit more expensive.

The Brise I have still fits the IE900 case, but it's defo a tight fit and I wouldn't want to apply any pressure on it.

I hadn't actually thought to use a DAP and accessory case, I have a couple that will certainly accommodate.

I tried mine in the IE900 case but too much of a squeeze so not suitable.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #298 of 831
The wire config on your cable actually looks more like the Asuha Ref 2 style, thicker, which makes sense because both are 8 strands. Here's a photo of the Asuha Ref 2 wire beside the STR7-Ref, the latter being 4-core.

20210624_083404.jpg

Yes that looks to be the case. The additional weight is fine but I'll probably need to use a shirt clip to keep from swinging about.

I chose not to use it for walking and reverted to my TW2 - true wireless buds definitely best for out walking and I tend to listen to audiobooks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back