The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Jun 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #288 of 827
I am really enjoyuing the 900s. They seem to light up the music from within.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #289 of 827
A new thread for me to post in as a new owner of a Brise Audio product, thanks to @Nostoi! Thie BSEP for IE900 arrived today, incredibly impressive looking and feeling cable - I intially thought there was a volume difference versus IE900 stock cable but I think that was time of day and my brain was more tuned in to work, not a good time on a coffee break to test a new toy for a few mins! One minor annoyance is the IEMs sit very loose and freely rotate when not in my ears, the same as with the IER-M9... I can live with it but just means a bit more work inserting in my ears.

Anyway, pictures...

Brise-3.jpg

Brise-2.jpg

Brise-1.jpg

Brise-4.jpg

Brise-5.jpg

Jun 24, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #290 of 827
A new thread for me to post in as a new owner of a Brise Audio product, thanks to @Nostoi! Thie BSEP for IE900 arrived today, incredibly impressive looking and feeling cable - I intially thought there was a volume difference versus IE900 stock cable but I think that was time of day and my brain was more tuned in to work, not a good time on a coffee break to test a new toy for a few mins! One minor annoyance is the IEMs sit very loose and freely rotate when not in my ears, the same as with the IER-M9... I can live with it but just means a bit more work inserting in my ears.

Anyway, pictures...

Yes I hear you on how they sit. I find the memory wire needs some tweaking so that they remain put. It also helps to have the slider fairly high to tighten the slack.

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #291 of 827
Yes I hear you on how they sit. I find the memory wire needs some tweaking so that they remain put. It also helps to have the slider fairly high to tighten the slack.

Yes same here - they actually swung off my ears at first but a bit of adjustment keeps them in. Yes slider right the way up also.

Off for my morning walk shortly so will see how they pass that test.

I need to find another case for them as too big for the IE900 case!

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #292 of 827
Yes same here - they actually swung off my ears at first but a bit of adjustment keeps them in. Yes slider right the way up also.

Off for my morning walk shortly so will see how they pass that test.

I need to find another case for them as too big for the IE900 case!
This case should work well with the cable and a DAP. Fits my Lotoo and the Brise very well. This is also a fantastic case, albeit more expensive.

The Brise I have still fits the IE900 case, but it's defo a tight fit and I wouldn't want to apply any pressure on it.

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #293 of 827

Anyway, pictures...

Brise-3.jpg

Brise-2.jpg

Brise-1.jpg

Brise-4.jpg

Brise-5.jpg
The wire config on your cable actually looks more like the Asuha Ref 2 style, thicker, which makes sense because both are 8 strands. Here's a photo of the Asuha Ref 2 wire beside the STR7-Ref, the latter being 4-core.

20210624_083404.jpg

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #294 of 827
Worth to upgrade from Yatono 4w to ultimate?
Sorry for the late reply, but here is my opinion.

If you have a lot of disposable money that you have no where else to spend, then yeah, why not, its a clear upgrade after all. But if you are not willing to spend that much on a cable, then you should be just as well off with your first generation yatono 4w.

FYI, I personally rank the Asuha ref 2 above the original Yatono 4w, and I rank the Yatono ultimate just slightly above Asuha Ref 2.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #297 of 827
This case should work well with the cable and a DAP. Fits my Lotoo and the Brise very well. This is also a fantastic case, albeit more expensive.

The Brise I have still fits the IE900 case, but it's defo a tight fit and I wouldn't want to apply any pressure on it.

I hadn't actually thought to use a DAP and accessory case, I have a couple that will certainly accommodate.

I tried mine in the IE900 case but too much of a squeeze so not suitable.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #298 of 827
The wire config on your cable actually looks more like the Asuha Ref 2 style, thicker, which makes sense because both are 8 strands. Here's a photo of the Asuha Ref 2 wire beside the STR7-Ref, the latter being 4-core.

20210624_083404.jpg

Yes that looks to be the case. The additional weight is fine but I'll probably need to use a shirt clip to keep from swinging about.

I chose not to use it for walking and reverted to my TW2 - true wireless buds definitely best for out walking and I tend to listen to audiobooks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back