The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Apr 18, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #271 of 826
Tempted to acquire the Yatono Ultimate. Right now, I have Naobi LE & Asuha Ref.2. Hope to see more impressions before confirming the order.

May 11, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #272 of 826
I just received an Asuha Ref.2 cable for my JVC FW10000. It's a great cable, which adds some low end, make the sound more coherent, and enhances all technical aspects. Quite a notable upgrade. However, is there a method with the memory wire to make it more malleable around the ear? I find it's difficult to get a decent fit because this part of the cable is overly stiff. Tips? Otherwise, a beat.

P1090354.jpgP1090357 (2).jpg

May 11, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #273 of 826
I just received an Asuha Ref.2 cable for my JVC FW10000. It's a great cable, which adds some low end, make the sound more coherent, and enhances all technical aspects. Quite a notable upgrade. However, is there a method with the memory wire to make it more malleable around the ear? I find it's difficult to get a decent fit because this part of the cable is overly stiff. Tips? Otherwise, a beat.

I think you can use heat to reshape

Jun 1, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #281 of 826
I have received my Yatono after 2 month waiting.
The first impression is that it is quite soft and flexible, much more than my previous str7 SE, which was suprisingly for me.

1622569743341.png

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #282 of 826
I have borrow Fiio M15 for testing and burning the yatono because the connector is 4.4, which is not fit with my SP2000 and Hugo2.
As previous comment I'm happy with the build quality because of it is not stiff as I thought, my cable is 2nd and the previous owner has light use ( 5 times) then every thing is in the like new condition.

With my testing and and short listening session I would like to give some first impression:
- Sound stage is good, the cable has the ability to extend the top end of the sound stage with lots of high frequency instrumental.
- The background is quite deep dark, which reveal lots of micro and ambiance sound.
- The size of sound stage in the x, y horizontal is kinda one of the best in my collection.
- The ability of control speed, temporal resolution is good, the fluctuation of note, time evenlope is good. Texture and harmonic resolution is good.

However, IMO the cable is still very new and need time to evolve then:
- The sound signature is quite smooth. The vocal resolution is quite opposite to the dream duet. While the Dream Duet reveal more air space the Yatono vocal signature is thicker, more blending and lack of air. The signature is good for some who like it but I like the signature of DD more.
- The smooth in the sound signature make the flute, woodwinnd or trumpet sound kind of lack airy and contrast, adding more mellow tone to the sound. IMO it is more forgive.
- The transient/attach is some how little than other cable, every detail is nice, fuller but the velocity of force, the shaping of piano and the striking is some how kind of reduction. The note is bold and lake of sharpness harmonics in the top frequency.
- The bass line resolution can be better. The start/stop, fluent of organ low register can be better.

When comparing the M15 sound is some kind of laking DR than SP2000, while laking of micro detail and depth. I tried to compare on Fiio M15. If can plug to my SP2000 then my comparison might be better.

20210605_145556-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #283 of 826
I have borrow Fiio M15 for testing and burning the yatono because the connector is 4.4, which is not fit with my SP2000 and Hugo2.
As previous comment I'm happy with the build quality because of it is not stiff as I thought, my cable is 2nd and the previous owner has light use ( 5 times) then every thing is in the like new condition.

With my testing and and short listening session I would like to give some first impression:
- Sound stage is good, the cable has the ability to extend the top end of the sound stage with lots of high frequency instrumental.
- The background is quite deep dark, which reveal lots of micro and ambiance sound.
- The size of sound stage in the x, y horizontal is kinda one of the best in my collection.
- The ability of control speed, temporal resolution is good, the fluctuation of note, time evenlope is good. Texture and harmonic resolution is good.

However, IMO the cable is still very new and need time to evolve then:
- The sound signature is quite smooth. The vocal resolution is quite opposite to the dream duet. While the Dream Duet reveal more air space the Yatono vocal signature is thicker, more blending and lack of air. The signature is good for some who like it but I like the signature of DD more.
- The smooth in the sound signature make the flute, woodwinnd or trumpet sound kind of lack airy and contrast, adding more mellow tone to the sound. IMO it is more forgive.
- The transient/attach is some how little than other cable, every detail is nice, fuller but the velocity of force, the shaping of piano and the striking is some how kind of reduction. The note is bold and lake of sharpness harmonics in the top frequency.
- The bass line resolution can be better. The start/stop, fluent of organ low register can be better.

When comparing the M15 sound is some kind of laking DR than SP2000, while laking of micro detail and depth. I tried to compare on Fiio M15. If can plug to my SP2000 then my comparison might be better.

I’m using sr25 with brise cable. I have the same impression when I demo the M15🤣 the treble is just disappeared.

Jun 6, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #284 of 826
I’m using sr25 with brise cable. I have the same impression when I demo the M15🤣 the treble is just disappeared.
Yeah I don't know why cause it real. IMO, firstly it is kind of Dynamic Range compression while it can output very loud, big sound.
But every thing sound lould, the small sound does not sound small at all. With SP2k, when turn down the volume you can hear every detail still there, just become more quiet, but with M15 when you turn down the volume at small volume the problem is worse.
I have tried to tweak the M15 but cannot solve.
  • With android mode, the sound stage is better, more with and hight in comparison with pure music, but the density of not is bad, every detail is lack dynamic and contrast.
  • With pure music mode, the note density is better, however, the treble is highly roll off. The upper floor of the sound stage is lowered to be same position as the main stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back