The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Mar 17, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #781 of 826
Hi Fellas, I have been trying to find a comparison between Yatono LE, Yatono (standard, old version), and Yatono Ultimate.. could anyone share some impressions please?

I have been reading pages and pages of the thread but have not been able to find any direct comparison..

Cheers and thank you so much!

Mar 17, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #782 of 826
Just grabbed one of the last few Tsuranagi SC from @MusicTeck this morning. Currently using it with a SP3K -> Yatono Mini Ult-> Tsu SC -> Shirogane 8 -> UM Mason FS Nuit. I like the Tsu SC's cleaner sound compared to OG Tsu but the Yatono's warm rendering is still present in this system. I have reserved a Shirogane Mini Ult when it arrives later this month.
6eb635ffe6f991ad092126012d4b6d0.jpg
b23fc46dc8ebdf6c336a51862d1f1e8.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #783 of 826
Just grabbed one of the last few Tsuranagi SC from @MusicTeck this morning. Currently using it with a SP3K -> Yatono Mini Ult-> Tsu SC -> Shirogane 8 -> UM Mason FS Nuit. I like the Tsu SC's cleaner sound compared to OG Tsu but the Yatono's warm rendering is still present in this system. I have reserved a Shirogane Mini Ult when it arrives later this month.
6eb635ffe6f991ad092126012d4b6d0.jpgb23fc46dc8ebdf6c336a51862d1f1e8.jpg
Besides being cleaner sounding, may I ask what other changes are there in sound characteristics? 🙂

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #784 of 826
May someone please recommend a light and transportable Brise cable for commuting use? Not interested in the thick and expensive options (YATONO and higher spec).

ASUHA RH2 or NAOBI Ultimate???

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #785 of 826
Yep, silver and silver will get better synergy. Happy time :)

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #786 of 826
Hello Anlan,

I have also just bought the SC from MusicTeck as well; I think I got the last one! I am also using it with the SP3000, but was curious as to how you are getting on with this?IMG_0982.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #787 of 826
Hello Anlan,

I have also just bought the SC from MusicTeck as well; I think I got the last one! I am also using it with the SP3000, but was curious as to how you are getting on with this?IMG_0982.jpg
I think with this particular setup, assuming you like the sound of Tsuranagi SC and SP3000 LO, the biggest influence on the sound signature is the 4.4-4.4 line cable. I have a Yatono ultimate currently and it has made the entire jig sounds warm and fuzzy. Good if you like the old cassette deck sounds, but it gets a bit too much quickly for me. Yatono has the tendency to make whatever system it’s connected to sounds like that. It’s a bless and curse.
I’ve pre-ordered a Shirogone Mini with MusicTeck and it should be here by the end of this month. I hope this will give me the neutral sound back.

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #788 of 826
I think with this particular setup, assuming you like the sound of Tsuranagi SC and SP3000 LO, the biggest influence on the sound signature is the 4.4-4.4 line cable. I have a Yatono ultimate currently and it has made the entire jig sounds warm and fuzzy. Good if you like the old cassette deck sounds, but it gets a bit too much quickly for me. Yatono has the tendency to make whatever system it’s connected to sounds like that. It’s a bless and curse.
I’ve pre-ordered a Shirogone Mini with MusicTeck and it should be here by the end of this month. I hope this will give me the neutral sound back.
Yes, I have a Yatono Ultimate and also a PW Audio Orpheus 4.4 to 4.4 interconnect, so will do some comparisons over the next few weeks to hear what the differences are before investing in any other cables. It will be interesting to read your thoughts on the Shirogone when it arrives.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #789 of 826
Yes, I have a Yatono Ultimate and also a PW Audio Orpheus 4.4 to 4.4 interconnect, so will do some comparisons over the next few weeks to hear what the differences are before investing in any other cables. It will be interesting to read your thoughts on the Shirogone when it arrives.
I just traded my Yatono Ult Mini in for its Shirogone counter part. I did some comparison at MusicTeck this morning, and here is the distinction I noted using the aforementioned setup.
1. Shirogone provided a more details and clarity. This is especially noticeable when listening to violin concertos. Vibrations of string is simply more distinguishable compared to the Yatono. Listening to large scale orchestra work is more realistic to that in a symphony hall, as Shirogone provides more separation of different groups of instrument. Yatono gives this very mushy feeling, as if you are listening to the orchestra behind a curtain.
2. Yatono wins in musicality, especially in vocals. Listening to After Hour at London House by the magnificent Sarah Vaugh is simply intoxicating. You can hear Sarah whispering into those sweet lyrics into your ears. It gives the whole setup a tube signature.
I decided to let go of the Yatono in place of the Shirogone because Yatono’s warm coloring gets too much in longer listening sessions. I have a desktop setup specialize in musicality (R10 + Vinly; Kerry’s T2 + OG HE90) and I only use my portable setup in longer commute like coast to coast or international flight. They are both solid very good choice and provide different advantages depending on the listeners’ preference in genres and use cases.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #790 of 826
Do you guys feel like Shirogone or Yatono is still worth it in 2024 compared to equivalently priced options from PW, Effect Audio, Nightjar, Eletech, etc? Is the 8-wire the way to go if portability isn't a major concern?

I'm starting to build a collection of high end (>$3k) IEMs and thinking I'd like to do a statement endgame cable for them.

Thanks, sorry if this same question has been asked over and over lol. 😅

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #791 of 826
Do you guys feel like Shirogone or Yatono is still worth it in 2024 compared to equivalently priced options from PW, Effect Audio, Nightjar, Eletech, etc? Is the 8-wire the way to go if portability isn't a major concern?

I'm starting to build a collection of high end (>$3k) IEMs and thinking I'd like to do a statement endgame cable for them.

I've demoed TOTL PW, Effect, Beat Audio, Eletech, and Brise cables at @MusicTeck and I eventually went for Brise Shirogone 8 wire. In my opinion, there is no "bad" cable at this price range from any decent brand. Different cables simply have different sound signatures. You really have to listen to them yourself to make a decision. And yes, if money isn't a problem, I'd get the 8-wire for the higher bandwidth in general. And to me, Shirogone 8 wire is very soft and easy to carry around.
MusicTeck has most of the cables you mentioned plus some more for in-person demo. If you live close to North NJ, or if you are planning a trip to NYC, I'd highly suggest a visit to the shop.

Mar 27, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #792 of 826

Agree with @Anlan Dong on this one. To me cables are about preference, and synergy is the word I am looking for. If portability isn't a concern to you than Brise cables would even do more justice to you . Shiro is pretty supple, Yatono is soft yet stiff: Great sound, but got irritated over prolonged use.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #793 of 826
Hi guys
I am thinking of purchasing the Brise Audio Asuha ASUHA-Ref.2, with the few reviews that exist mentioned, do they say they are brilliant? and that some people find it annoying, how true would that be?:thinking:

I will change the cable of the monarch mk ii, since this iem does not have as much bass so I want to enhance it, due to the properties of the copper in the cable, but I am afraid that the change could bring a lot of sharp highs with the ASUHA-Ref.2?:thinking:

and has anyone of you tried it?
123001566_3454511124667780_1613256659498602954_n.jpg

:thinking:

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #794 of 826

In my opinion, Brise offers better performance and a more solid signature across its product line. The price, when compared to PW or EA, is still reasonable. PW and EA seem to rely on fancy marketing for their overpriced products.

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #795 of 826

Still worth it?! It's the best! I now exclusively use Brise cables for my IEMs from low to high end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back