The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Dec 19, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #752 of 827
Hey guys,
I bought an Asuha LE yesterday, and was wondering if it's okay I just bend the cable hard around the ear to make it conform? The end came super straight out of the package (as Brise cables do).

Jan 22, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #757 of 827
Hi Fellas, I was wondering if anyone can give me an insight on cable requirements for the tsuranagi..

I understand that both the DAP and the interconnects must have the grounding (5th pole) enabled/connected if using 4.4mm connection..

How about the iems cable though.. how are we supposed to connect the ground pin on the 4.4mm pentaconn plug to the 2-pin/mmcx connectors?

Or can I just use any standard 4.4mm iems cable without any grounding? While I save up for some Brise Audio's cables..

Thanks so much in advance :)))

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #758 of 827
Hi Fellas, I was wondering if anyone can give me an insight on cable requirements for the tsuranagi..

I understand that both the DAP and the interconnects must have the grounding (5th pole) enabled/connected if using 4.4mm connection..

How about the iems cable though.. how are we supposed to connect the ground pin on the 4.4mm pentaconn plug to the 2-pin/mmcx connectors?

Or can I just use any standard 4.4mm iems cable without any grounding? While I save up for some Brise Audio's cables..

Thanks so much in advance :)))
There are some notations that do not match. For an IC, the signal level is small, so EMI could affect the subsequent chain by being amplified along with the signal at the amplifier. The IC should be shielded, and when it is shielded, the shield needs to be grounded by connecting it to one side (GND pole), so the energy generated by EMI will be flushed out to the ground on one side. If you connect both sides, it might have unidentified effects, but it is better to connect only one side.

Jan 24, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #759 of 827
Has anyone tried pairing Tsuranagi with desktop dacs? Cayin C9 wasnโ€™t taking hotter inputs well (higher voltages). I wonder if Tsu can take for example a 9V outputting DAC

Jan 25, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #760 of 827
Has anyone tried pairing Tsuranagi with desktop dacs? Cayin C9 wasnโ€™t taking hotter inputs well (higher voltages). I wonder if Tsu can take for example a 9V outputting DAC
I believe I read somewhere on the Brise website that stated a max of 3V input on the Tsuranagi.. but supposedly the lower the better..

Jan 25, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #761 of 827
but supposedly the lower the better..
Really? Why would that be?
I emailed Brise and balanced input can receive up to 6V while single ended 5.1V. Though sth around 3V would probably be perfect

Jan 26, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #762 of 827
Really? Why would that be?
I emailed Brise and balanced input can receive up to 6V while single ended 5.1V. Though sth around 3V would probably be perfect
I also have to clue why lower is better.. but I remember reading somewhere that they recommend the source to be set at the lowest possible gain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back