The 'Bose...WHY!?' thread
Mar 23, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #46 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B&O is actually pretty well regarded in terms of sound in the A/V theater world, but also highly priced because of the aesthetics, so there is indeed better for the money. But my B&O Pentas have a pentagonal shaped box that minimizes box resonances, freq response is 55-20,000hz +/- 6db, they use Seas drivers with DSP, Oh, and they are active column speakers with high volume, low distortion, presise wide sound stage and an awesome power response that makes air guitar that much more fun. All Im sayin is, dont dog on B&O speakers. They are expensive and concentrate alot of efforts on aesthetics. But they still have proper engineering and publish good specs.

There headphones I heard are sadly, a different story...

B&O headphones are not heard, they are felt, and it doesn't feel good
frown.gif

but the speakers, the speakers rule.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #47 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is all subjective performance to assess quantitative value, thats like saying because I like my house more than I like your house, my house is worth more, because I compared the two, and found mine better
wink_face.gif

reference, see #3

I understand what you're saying, but society as a whole takes a collective and the opinion of whihc is often stated as a truth (eg: bose bieng over-priced is one such example for this community). Afterall everyhting in life is subjective and in all honesty a crap shot. Can anyone trully quantitativly tell me how the move Godfather is better then House of Dead, and how you would measure that. In the end you get to something that is subjective, and there's no escaping it. Therfore is it wrong to say Godfather is a better movie then House of the Dead? In my opinion no, but to get further into this you really have to start talking about pseudo-philsophy that I don't really care for, and doesn't get you anywhere but asking yourself more questions
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope you enjoyed my semi-rant.
beerchug.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #50 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So hey if we are gonna talk about bose speakers, are the 901/802s any good? I heard both of them a long time ago, back when I didn't know what good sound was. :\

did they sound good at the time? if so, then they're good

honestly they aren't "bad" as far as speakers go, just a very unique presentation design (you either hate it love it, from differeing opinions I've heard (they're like "direct reflection stereo loudspeakers" or something, basically its the "use a hella lot of drivers" approach to "omni" presentation
biggrin.gif
))

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #51 of 87
Well I thought they sounded good because they had a very nice amount of bass, and volume. One of the main reasons why my hearing ain't so nice anymore.

Gotta remember I was only 11 or so at the time. Like I said, I didn't know what good sound was.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #52 of 87
Quote:

Well I thought they sounded good because they had a very nice amount of bass, and volume. One of the main reasons why my hearing ain't so nice anymore.

well then, they're fine

tastes do change over time, so you might not like the amount of bass or voicing presentation now, but if you like them, what the problem is?

see 4

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #57 of 87
Maybe so, but I am fishing for others opinions here (regardless of if the match mine or not), so it is completely relevant.

This is the part where some other guy pops in and gives impressions of them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #58 of 87
Quote:

Maybe so, but I am fishing for others opinions here (regardless of if the match mine or not), so it is completely relevant.

This is the part where some other guy pops in and gives impressions of them.
biggrin.gif

Bose 901 Series VI Reviews

ah, just looking for impressions, go for it
redface.gif

(my point is that nobody can tell you if they're "good" or "bad", but if you're just curious how either people found them to be, no harm there)

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #59 of 87
Okay obobskivich, i'll answer to you, like you do with little to no explanation (and for the record I never tried to be philosopical, and can't imagine many people who would think someone using the words "crap shot" would be trying to be philisopical).

Quote:

no.

and I did not enjoy your attempt at being philosophical

see point three

Quote:

honestly they aren't "bad" as far as speakers go, just a very unique presentation design

see point three

At the end of the day what is the point of posts like this. It just comes across as rude and condescending, and to say anymore would be in breach of the rules of the forum. (I can't wait for you to post, "see point three/one" etc...) And yes I see the irony of the point of this post and the post, so don't bother pointing it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back