The Bose NC 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Apr 7, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #136 of 202
I think NC700's a keeper. This sounds much realistic than PX7 which sounds rather muffled with no sub bass. Very uninteresting.
Of course, the microphone's the best but I would give negative on comfort. I was going to also try out Sony M3 but will hold off for M4.

Apr 12, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #137 of 202
I have no problem with the overall sound signature of NC700. It's quite transparent with the well balanced bass frequencies
but its bluetooth stability is not something to boasting about. I get constant disconnect/connect state forcing me to shut down the
bluethooth connection and reconnect. My galaxy phone's fine but it's nitemare on DX229.

If this keeps on, I may have to replace it with Sony M4 as soon as they release it.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #139 of 202
do the bose 700 work without the app? and if so are any features lost?

do they work wtihout a smart phone?
All features are fully usable out of the box without a phone. You can customize some button functionality such as switching between 0 and 10 noise cancelling with a single button press instead of 3 button presses for 0 to 5 to 10 to 0 (by setting the middle value to 0). The configuration is stored on the headphones.

May 13, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #142 of 202
My cans definitely sound better after the update in general. They now have a bit more “punch” when flat, which is great.
How is the sub-bass quality compared to planars? I got rid of my NC 700 because I felt the driver couldn't handle the sub-bass even if they added EQ later.

May 13, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #145 of 202
How is the sub-bass quality compared to planars? I got rid of my NC 700 because I felt the driver couldn't handle the sub-bass even if they added EQ later.

No dynamic headphone can give you planar-base...just physics. :)

May 13, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #146 of 202
No dynamic headphone can give you planar-base...just physics. :)
A DSP-corrected dynamic driver can have extremely low distortion sub-bass with more slam than a planar, such as in the QC 35. There are almost no headphones which can compete with the sub-bass quality and quantity of the QC 35 out of the box. The treble is still distorted though, which they fixed in the NC 700, but then screwed up the sub-bass.

Last edited:
May 13, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #148 of 202
A DSP-corrected dynamic driver can have extremely low distortion sub-bass with more slam than a planar, such as in the QC 35. There are almost no headphones which can compete with the sub-bass quality and quantity of the QC 35 out of the box.

DSP only serves to increase distortion...not help it. Your comments of the QC35 are a bit over the top...and I liked them. Go listen to a pair of Audeze Mobius...it is on a different level of existence.

May 13, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #149 of 202
A DSP-corrected dynamic driver can have extremely low distortion sub-bass with more slam than a planar, such as in the QC 35. There are almost no headphones which can compete with the sub-bass quality and quantity of the QC 35 out of the box. The treble is still distorted though, which they fixed in the NC 700, but then screwed up the sub-bass.

After the update, they’re doing the QC35 bass thing much better. You can turn it up and get slam going. They also turn into a massive bass sound when you crank the bass and turn the anc off .

May 13, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #150 of 202
After the update, they’re doing the QC35 bass thing much better. You can turn it up and get slam going. They also turn into a massive bass sound when you crank the bass and turn the anc off .

Software can do only so much with physical drivers and their limitations. Still great NC headphones that are super comfy and compete with the NC700s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back