The Bose NC 700 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dec 6, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #196 of 202
I have been the owner of the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700 for a few days. I am positively surprised by the sound, comfort and the ANC.
But unfortunately the headphones have a design flaw. As you can see / hear on the video, the entire construction is so wobbly that annoying noises are generated with the slightest head movement.

I find such a construction absolutely unacceptable in this price range.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #197 of 202
I have been the owner of the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700 for a few days. I am positively surprised by the sound, comfort and the ANC.
But unfortunately the headphones have a design flaw. As you can see / hear on the video, the entire construction is so wobbly that annoying noises are generated with the slightest head movement.

I find such a construction absolutely unacceptable in this price range.

depends if it makes noise while your walking around or not

try the QC45

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #198 of 202
Wts Bose upgrade kit.
5cent + shipping

20211208_140105.jpg

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #199 of 202
Simple, cheap and effective.

Take an earplug and cut it in half.
Then put it in and you're done.

20211215_143240.jpg
20211215_143344.jpg

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #200 of 202
I just got these as I am going overseas and wanted something wireless, portable, light, comfortable, and with NC for the plane and while I am out and about but also when working from a Cafe or other noisy space. Also, I wanted something where I could take and make calls where background noise would be minimised to myself and the person i am speaking to. The Sony WF-1000XM3's I have just were not acceptable to me for this purpose in any noisy area. The other two headphones I had on my potential list were the Sony WH XM4 and XM5. Ultimately I went with the Bose 700's for three reasons... 1) I like the sound signature, particularly once i've EQ'd it 2) The case is way smaller than the Sony cases which are bricks in comparison 3) the call quality is amazing even in noisy areas. People I have been calling have been reporting great experiences listening to me.

PS: I also currently have a HiFiMan Sundara, Focal Eligia, AKG Studio 240 (Austrian version, my 1st headphones so sentimental value rather than great sound and they are comfy) so I like to think I know what music should sound like. PS(2): I've also had the following wireless headphones Bose QC35, Beats over ears and B&W P7 Wireless. PS(3): I use Apple products so be aware of this as I note some posters say it sounds better on Apple than Android.

A couple of things I like about it:
1) This thing is really good at separating out instruments and has quite a balanced sound (NB: I am using FLAC files generally but even in highest quality Spotify I was surprised). Very happy. I'm not a fan of the Sony sound... I find it a little muddy, the base a little uncontrolled and the mids too low but also separation of instruments is not great and it sounds a little closed in. For people like me who's musical taste is pretty broad (Salsa, Flamenco, Garage Rock, Post Punk, Classical, R&B, Hip Hop, House, Opera, Swing music, 80's pop, Funk, etc) balanced and separation matters alot. I also found that break in is a thing with these and sound gets better the longer you listen. Out of the box it sounds quite harsh with way too much treble. Once broken in it sounds great. In regards to bass, easily fixed using the EQ (+4 for me) and head placement must be correct i.e. you must ensure a nice seal otherwise the bass sounds light, I had the same issue with my Eligia's and so I knew it was definitely a thing to look out for.
2) The call quality has blown me away, even in noisy places. Someone will tell me the XM5's are better, i'm happy with these.
3) I love the compact size of the case. The Sony cases are bricks in comparison and it was a major decision point for me (top 2 actually). Why have a wireless portable headphone if it's actually not portable with a case? These things cost alot of money, you should be able to protect your headphone with a case in a bag without it taking up a ridiculous amount of space.
4) Battery life at 20 hrs is reasonable. Yeah, it could be more, but I just can't imagine a situation where I would be using these so long that I wouldn't have charged it before the 20 hrs was up.
5) Comfort is great. I find comfort is really head driven. Not as comfortable (but not by much) as my QC35's were but infinitely more comfortable than the P7 Wireless. I've been using these for 3 hrs straight right now and still feel great.
6) I love the ability to pair to two devices. Paired with my laptop and my phone right now.
7) The ability to cycle through NC modes via the button is great. I love buttons, this touch thing that is everywhere (even in cars) drives me a little nuts.

I am aware 800's are probably coming out this year but I needed something now due to my trip and prices were being discounted so had to pull the trigger.

My two cents.

Nov 5, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #202 of 202
I was travelling and forgot to carry my IEMs, it's been years since I had the older QC 15 or some such, the battery leaked and killed them years ago, I even had the IEM version with the fixed cable. The IEMS I currently are plain old T4 /w comply tips and a shanling MW200, that I use outdoors and for online meetings/calls etc, they still serve me well.

I had a long flight which was going to be followed by a 24 hour car journey. On a whim I bought a set of the 700 NS at the airport blind.

At first I was disappointed, the earcups felt/looked small and I didn't have a very good initial fit, the noise cancelling was terrible too. As others, I too soon found out it was just a fit issue, it kept falling off the back of my head, etc. Quite accidentally I suddenly had a good fit, first thing I notice the noise cancelling was really good, better than the older models I've used and the sound was so much better, a fun listen.

I think a lot of folks might disregard these due to an improper fit. Also running the vol full adds artifacts, best maxed around 90% perhaps.

My regular HP setup is my old HD800 and an Lehmann BCL which I love, the 800 has really broken in well over the years and sounds fantastic even with music I didn't like to hear on them before. Recently the phenomenon of "remastered" just ruins old mixes, most are just compressed to death.

But getting back to the point, after A/B the 700 NC to the HD800, I'm really impressed, I love the sub bass, call quality and general tonality/presentation. The sound seems to have a decent soundstage too, depth perception seems good enough for what it's intended purpose is.

They're a fun set. I'm not disappointed with them, great utility set. Due to my head size I don't have any noise from the band etc.

Another thing I noticed is the BluTooth range is much better than the shanling neck band. And ofcourse they sound much better at any volume wired.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back