The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Aug 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #391 of 1,323
Quote:
Ok ok, I'm lost...
Is the DT1350 CC (Facelift) a different version from the DT1350's that we love and/or hate?

Yes, it has slightly bigger cups, revised headband, and a coiled cable.. I think those are the only differences. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #392 of 1,323
Quote:

Yes, it has slightly bigger cups, revised headband, and a coiled cable.. I think those are the only differences. 

Ahhh got it.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #393 of 1,323
Quote:
Quote:
Ok ok, I'm lost...
Is the DT1350 CC (Facelift) a different version from the DT1350's that we love and/or hate?

It has bigger cups??? Are you sure? I was under the impression that the ear pads, headband padding, and coloring were the only differences. They look like they are the same size in the pictures.

If the cups are physically larger that could effect the soundstage and overall presentation. So if that's the case I would have waited for a facelift version instead of picking up the old version.....

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #394 of 1,323
I was under the impression that the war pads were larger, maybe not the cups. I'm not too sure though.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #395 of 1,323
Yeah the new EDT 1350 SL pads that come with the Facelift version are larger. I hadn't heard that the cups themselves were larger and I'd be surprised if they were. Maybe you were just thinking of the pads.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #396 of 1,323
Hi, they are the same HP - I had a talk to the PM of Beyerdynamics in Germany - he told me it's the same HP just without the casing/cup covers of the "old" model and some new head band cushions - well the CC additionally has the coiled cable - that's it :) and yes as already mentioned the larger pads   

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #399 of 1,323
Quote:
Hi, they are the same HP - I had a talk to the PM of Beyerdynamics in Germany - he told me it's the same HP just without the casing/cup covers of the "old" model and some new head band cushions - well the CC additionally has the coiled cable - that's it :) and yes as already mentioned the larger pads   

That's what I had heard. Thanks for the clarification.

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #403 of 1,323
The only difference is the coiled cable, newer softer earpads and padding on the head parts...the drivers are the same and specs are identical.

I got new pair just yesterday...

Alex

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #404 of 1,323
Quote:
yes - you're absolutely right with that :) I like the Beyerdynamic goodies a lot - for my TASTE they are fantastic..  

The DT1350 was my first Beyer... recently acquired a T1. Unfortunately my T5p will have to make room now...

Aug 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #405 of 1,323
I'd like to hear of anyone's experiences using the DT1350 with the current (third generation) Apogee Duet's headphone out.
Good match? Any problems? The Duet headphone output impedance is around 30 Ohms. Best match I've experienced with the Duet so far is the Shure SRH940 and it's a sound I like a lot, being a decent tonal match with my monitors. So I'm intrigued by a couple of reviews I've read that suggested the DT1350 shared a lot of sound characteristics with the SRH940. 
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back