The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
May 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #166 of 1,323
Quote:

Yep, I enjoy a brighter top end, as well. One thing you could do is order the 1350s from Amazon (be sure it's "fulfilled by Amazon") and give them an audition since you already have the 880s. If you don't end up preferring them you have up to 30 days to send them back. 

I was under the impression that this didn't apply to headphones (on-ear at least) due to sanitary reasons.  I may have to look into it, though...

May 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #167 of 1,323
Quote:

I was under the impression that this didn't apply to headphones (on-ear at least) due to sanitary reasons.  I may have to look into it, though...

As of last week it still applies...Ive purchased four pairs from amazon and two went back. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #169 of 1,323
I can't believe this forum isn't more active!  I have fallen completely in love with these beautiful headphones!  For my money, these are the *perfect* $300 cans. I love them enough to use at home since they have a nice big sound with plenty of bass, and of course their primary use as portables makes them ideal for listening on the go. I love the way the pads keep my ears nice and cool, the robust full range sonics, and of course the nice deep, crisp low end that is flat almost down to 10hz. Isolation is strong and the overall comfort is such that I can wear them for hours at a time. Hell, even Tyll from Inner Fidelity raves about these things...and he and I almost never like the same headphones lol. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #170 of 1,323
Quote:
I can't believe this forum isn't more active!  I have fallen completely in love with these beautiful headphones!  For my money, these are the *perfect* $300 cans. I love them enough to use at home since they have a nice big sound with plenty of bass, and of course their primary use as portables makes them ideal for listening on the go. I love the way the pads keep my ears nice and cool, the robust full range sonics, and of course the nice deep, crisp low end that is flat almost down to 10hz. Isolation is strong and the overall comfort is such that I can wear them for hours at a time. Hell, even Tyll from Inner Fidelity raves about these things...and he and I almost never like the same headphones lol. 

Agreed. Just got back last week from 8 days in Winnipeg to visit the in-laws and the DT1350s were fantastic for portable headphones. Great on the plane and great just around the house...even straight out of my iPad 3.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #171 of 1,323
How are these for those with larger heads in terms of comfort? I am looking for a cirmcumaural portable solution in the class of the dt1350 but haven't really found anything that has tickled my fancy. I'm afraid that supraaurals are generally uncomfortable with prolonged usage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #172 of 1,323
Quote:
Agreed. Just got back last week from 8 days in Winnipeg to visit the in-laws and the DT1350s were fantastic for portable headphones. Great on the plane and great just around the house...even straight out of my iPad 3.

Nice, MH...that's exactly why I love these things....when I'm at home, I STILL will reach for them, and lately I've even chosen them over my Grado 325s, which is huge coming from me since I love Grados. The sonics of these headphones are just fantastic to my ears...and I can't get over the bass. I'm truly thrilled with this purchase....far better than I ever expected them to be.

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #173 of 1,323
Quote:
How are these for those with larger heads in terms of comfort? I am looking for a cirmcumaural portable solution in the class of the dt1350 but haven't really found anything that has tickled my fancy. I'm afraid that supraaurals are generally uncomfortable with prolonged usage.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I'm 6'2" and built like an NFL lineman right now, so my head is probably larger than the average noggon. I find that the clamp on these is just perfect to maintain isolation and comfort. Then again, I've always found Grados to be quite comfortable, as well, whereas as many others don't care for them. These pads are quite plush and they keep your ears very cool, IMO. I guess I'd just suggest giving them a go yourself to see how you cope with the comfort...I truly cannot fathom anyone not being thrilled with these in terms of their sound, especially for a portable. No amp required for great sound....just plug 'em into your portable device and you're in for some great sound, particularly at this price point.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #174 of 1,323
Quote:

Tried mine out on a commercial flight last week - they are really good!  They isolate nearly as well as my custom iem's.  I just closed my for sale ad for these.  I'm keeping them.   I really didn't want to sell them, I just don't get to listen often.

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #175 of 1,323
Quote:

Tried mine out on a commercial flight last week - they are really good!  They isolate nearly as well as my custom iem's.  I just closed my for sale ad for these.  I'm keeping them.   I really didn't want to sell them, I just don't get to listen often.

I really think you made the right decision!
beerchug.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #176 of 1,323
Hey ya'll 

Thank you all kindly for the extensive opinion and comparison of these cans. I Live in New York City and I ride my bike everywhere all the time, I currently own a pair of D5000's which are amazing cans but tend to vary with the recording and genre I listen to , more so; I am terrified of biking around with them or putting them in my bag when I go into stores or work and such. I listen to mostly Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Rapp, Electronic, Classical music.  Lots of Bonobo, Ratatat, Aesop Rock, White stripes, Little Dragon, WolfMother, Dragon FOrce, Phillip glass. 

I currently use the D6 I-Basso Fer-de-lance amp/dac with my classic ipod 160 g 6th gen. FLac converted Apple lossless files

I started out with a pair of senn 650hd's which i adored but could not indulge do to the open back. 

I wanted to know (with my music preferences, setup, and commuter lifestyle) if you all would reccomend the DT1350? or the Hd-25 1 II or something else? 

thanks for your time
           Happy frequency trails.

-Circa1988

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #177 of 1,323
I would go for a better all arounder and for go the DT 1350. The DT1350 is known for being relentless on source and modern metal such as speed metal from Dragon Force isn't known for being the best recorded music out there. Another thing you should know the bass on the DT1350 isn't full bodied and doesn't have tons of slam behind it. It extends deep and is known for being detailed and lean which means it's not the best choice for electronica or rap. It'll sound pretty good with most jazz and classical but in my personal experience it won't shine all that well with rap or electronica. The HD25 is known for being a good sounding all arounder and master of none.

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #178 of 1,323
I used to ride a bike around Manhattan, IMO riding a bike there with headphones on can be quite dangerous.

Jun 16, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #179 of 1,323
Quote:
Hey ya'll 

Thank you all kindly for the extensive opinion and comparison of these cans. I Live in New York City and I ride my bike everywhere all the time, I currently own a pair of D5000's which are amazing cans but tend to vary with the recording and genre I listen to , more so; I am terrified of biking around with them or putting them in my bag when I go into stores or work and such. I listen to mostly Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Rapp, Electronic, Classical music.  Lots of Bonobo, Ratatat, Aesop Rock, White stripes, Little Dragon, WolfMother, Dragon FOrce, Phillip glass. 

I currently use the D6 I-Basso Fer-de-lance amp/dac with my classic ipod 160 g 6th gen. FLac converted Apple lossless files

I started out with a pair of senn 650hd's which i adored but could not indulge do to the open back. 

I wanted to know (with my music preferences, setup, and commuter lifestyle) if you all would reccomend the DT1350? or the Hd-25 1 II or something else? 

thanks for your time
           Happy frequency trails.

-Circa1988

Perhaps the Amperior may be more of a worthy competitor to the DT1350 assuming that it fixes up HD25's weaknesses - recessed mids, tiny soundstage. By the way, isn't listening to closed headphones/IEMs a bit dangerous while riding your bike on the road?

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #180 of 1,323
Quote:
I would go for a better all arounder and for go the DT 1350. The DT1350 is known for being relentless on source and modern metal such as speed metal from Dragon Force isn't known for being the best recorded music out there. Another thing you should know the bass on the DT1350 isn't full bodied and doesn't have tons of slam behind it. It extends deep and is known for being detailed and lean which means it's not the best choice for electronica or rap. It'll sound pretty good with most jazz and classical but in my personal experience it won't shine all that well with rap or electronica. The HD25 is known for being a good sounding all arounder and master of none.

My experience has been pretty much the complete opposite of this. 

Here is Tyll from Inner Fidelity's take on these headphones in case it wasn't posted earlier...in short, he likes 'em....a lot. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

EDIT: Wow, I finally got around to hooking them up to my Meier amp...these things actually scale a bit with better amplification. I truly could be very happy with these as my one and only headphone if my situation dictated that...with better amplification the separation improves a fair bit as well as the imaging. I'd even say the sound stage is a bit larger, too...clearly an improvement over my iPhone, even though I was quite happy with how they sounded directly from there, as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back