The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Feb 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #121 of 1,323
I sent them over to the Sound Surgeon, which is Beyerdynamic's repair center apparently. Sent them out about two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them...I'll be calling them tomorrow morning!

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #122 of 1,323
First Post here! Just got these cans, today, and I've gotta say, I'm loving every second of these. Had zero trouble at all getting the sweet spot (might be because of my rather large head though, cuz I tried out my friend's M80's, and on the largest settings they didn't fit my head). Crystal clear quality, good soundstage, excellent isolation. Just awesome all around!

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #123 of 1,323

Quote:
I sent them over to the Sound Surgeon, which is Beyerdynamic's repair center apparently. Sent them out about two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing from them...I'll be calling them tomorrow morning!

good luck with that
I sent mine in about a month ago, took 3 weeks for them to reply my email (and i've also called them multiple times, but no one answer, and of course no one ever return the voice mail)
although now it's supposdely to be shipping back though 

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #124 of 1,323
My perfect headphones!! Among everything else I like the amount of realism of acoustical instruments and the energy that you can feel in some jazz manouche (Sanseverino for instance)...truly fantastic headphones...ah and also extremely beautiful (are the pads real leather? it is the best material I have ever seen for headphones pads).

Now I am wandering looking for the same transparency and realism in some more comfortable and closed headphones...I think it is going to be hard...so far I tried the T70p and the sony Z1000, the first is not bad at all, still transparent (no as much as the dt1350) but the instruments are not realistic and there are too highs, I ordered some leather pads in order to smooth the highs and boost the distant middle range, hopefully I'll get close to my little reference...about the Z1000 I don't want to talk, I am not insulting sony only because I really believe in HRTF responses, I sent them back straighforward, it sounds like a just decent entry level headphones, unbelievable taking in account a starting price of £500!!!!

Tyll suggested me the Pioneer HDJ 2000 but I didn't have any chance to listen to them...any experience about this? Transparency, acoustical instruments? How it compares with the DT1350? (I already had a look at the famous post with this comparison together with the HD25 etc.)

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #125 of 1,323

Quote:
My perfect headphones!! Among everything else I like the amount of realism of acoustical instruments and the energy that you can feel in some jazz manouche (Sanseverino for instance)...truly fantastic headphones...ah and also extremely beautiful (are the pads real leather? it is the best material I have ever seen for headphones pads).

Now I am wandering looking for the same transparency and realism in some more comfortable and closed headphones...I think it is going to be hard...so far I tried the T70p and the sony Z1000, the first is not bad at all, still transparent (no as much as the dt1350) but the instruments are not realistic and there are too highs, I ordered some leather pads in order to smooth the highs and boost the distant middle range, hopefully I'll get close to my little reference...about the Z1000 I don't want to talk, I am not insulting sony only because I really believe in HRTF responses, I sent them back straighforward, it sounds like a just decent entry level headphones, unbelievable taking in account a starting price of £500!!!!

Tyll suggested me the Pioneer HDJ 2000 but I didn't have any chance to listen to them...any experience about this? Transparency, acoustical instruments? How it compares with the DT1350? (I already had a look at the famous post with this comparison together with the HD25 etc.)

If you do find a similar sound and a bit more comfortable, please post.  I am looking for a full size that is similar as well, and similar price or less.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #126 of 1,323
"If you do find a similar sound and a bit more comfortable, please post. I am looking for a full size that is similar as well, and similar price or less."

At the moment after many attempts the closest thing I can get is a modded comfy thing but not quite the same...the beyerdynamic T70p with reversed ear pads
eek.gif
(I am waiting for some genuine leather pads to arrive)...

What I achieved with this mini mod (the pad are attached with some black tape) is:

more highs, a tad less clarity, more spacious, tons more comfy, more sensitive, not the same natural timbre of acoustic instruments

Turning the pads I got rid of the annoying and piercing highs, I got the middle range closer and I made the big brother of the DT1350 a lot more involving, the bass is the same amount but not so tight (both very deep) but I have to press the pads because the sealing with reversed pads it is obviously not brilliant...we'll see how it works with the leather pads, I'll keep you updated.

ah unfortunately it is a lot more expensive

at the moment I am listening to Cool for Joy from Yuji Ohno and friends Jazz (what a wonderful album), with my DT1350...what a pleasure for my ears and soul guys...unfortunately shortly also will be a pain :)

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #127 of 1,323
I just bought these and loving them. my only complain is the cable which doesn't have iphone control and mic. I'm thinking about replacing it with a cable from another headphone. does anyone have experience replacing cable on the DT-1350? I took the ear foam off the left can and didn't find an easy way to the cable. I'm ok with soldering so it's just a matter of disassemble this thing. thx.

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #128 of 1,323
Hi, I just ordered my pair last week, and am very much looking forward to how they sound! does anyone know of a good, cheap,(sub 100$) portable amp to use with these? , I mainly listen electronic, dubstep, some pop, classical, everything basically sans rap, any suggestions?
beyersmile.png

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #129 of 1,323

Quote:
Hi, I just ordered my pair last week, and am very much looking forward to how they sound! does anyone know of a good, cheap,(sub 100$) portable amp to use with these? , I mainly listen electronic, dubstep, some pop, classical, everything basically sans rap, any suggestions?
beyersmile.png

What source are you using? I think they sound great directly from my iPhone. So if you are only looking at sub 500 USD amplifiers I think if it was me I would just use it directly from the player.

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #132 of 1,323

Quote:
well, plan I on driving them off my walkman or cellphone(android), I just figured that since I paid this much, I should get the most out of them. do they really sound that good unamped?

I like them out of my iPhone.  I do have a pico slim, and they do sound a bit better out of it.  I have the pico slim to use with my custom iem's for volume control reasons.  If I didn't have the pico slim, I probably wouldn't go out and buy an amp for them.  That said, I also use a laptop to Centrance Dacport, and it does sound quite a bit better than iPod/iphone as source, either amped or not.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #133 of 1,323
Hello guys. I have a quick question. 

While I was trying to find the perfect portable for my budget I stumbled across this. Users please tell me a little about the sound character of dt 1350.

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #134 of 1,323
Hello guys. I have a quick question. 

While I was trying to find the perfect portable for my budget I stumbled across this. Users please tell me a little about the sound character of dt 1350.

You can read about it here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/533508/new-beyer-dt1350

Other than that. The sound character is pretty neutral.
Innerfidelity.com has a great review too.

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #135 of 1,323
I just bought a pair of these on Sunday and they're arriving tomorrow.  I had skimmed some info early on some driver mismatch issues a while back.  Is that still an ongoing problem and something I should be worrying about when these arrive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back