The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #781 of 1,323
Interestingly, don't you find going back to the HD25 you start missing the sweet mids of the DT1350? I went back to the HD25 for a while, and then back again to the DT1350.

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #782 of 1,323
I also like the HD25, but for purely portable use the isolation and form factor the DT1350 wins by a fair margin.

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #783 of 1,323
Overall the DT1350 is to me more balanced... plus it reaches much deeper and does not have that slight midbass hump (something I quite dislike as a matter of personal preference). In short: sold my HD25 quite some time ago, still own the DT1350.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #784 of 1,323
  Interestingly, don't you find going back to the HD25 you start missing the sweet mids of the DT1350? I went back to the HD25 for a while, and then back again to the DT1350.

I have both, and get liking the HD25 "house sound".  They have a forgiving presentation, and some of my music that lacks the quality one would hope for benefit from this.

Also, I was amazed by how much the HD25 benefits from a cable upgrade.  I now am of the opinion that the stock steel cable is the weak link of this headphone.  I know many will scoff at this view, which I understand.  But of the 4 headphones I've recabled, the HD25 had the greatest upswing in improvement.

I'm far from saying I want to part with my DT1350s, but they will never fully eliminate my HD25's head time.  Both pieces are very complimentary...

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #785 of 1,323
I would relate the term "house sound" more with a manufacturer than a single model (which sounds like no other Sennheiser model I know), but more importantly I don't remember it as especially forgiving... To me it had more of a tendency for rather hard treble.

While I won't discuss discoveries of newfound sonic bliss by cable upgrade the cable of the HD25 is well suited to its intended purpose: its robust enough to withstand abuse on the road / on stage / at the FOH. I don't think a 25 year old driver is held back by a cable...

Overall I consider those two to be more different than their somewhat related outer design might make one think. And while I respect something being relevant that long as quite a feat I think for enjoying music there are better options available now, the DT1350 being one of them. That does not diminish the value of the HD25 as a professional monitoring headphone though.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #787 of 1,323

Yes and no. However it really comes down to the source material for me. I can easily live without the sweet mids in the event the recording is somewhat brash.

I would sum the differences between the HD25 and the DT1350 like this:

HD25 - revealing and detailed but pleasantly forgiving - kick back and enjoy the music
DT1350 - ruthlessly revealing, detailed and precise - thoroughly enjoyable for critical listening, but watch out for fatigue.

Both have their very rightful place in my stable, and both are damned fine headphones given that they are portable and closed back.

Exactly as Jude summed up in his video review of the two headphones: I'm keeping both :wink:

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #789 of 1,323
I would sum the differences between the HD25 and the DT1350 like this:

HD25 - revealing and detailed but pleasantly forgiving - kick back and enjoy the music
DT1350 - ruthlessly revealing, detailed and precise - thoroughly enjoyable for critical listening, but watch out for fatigue.

To me its still the other way round: if I found one of those two to be stressful or fatiguing (given the wrong music or a too high volume) its the HD25...

Beyerdynamic rep tells me the DT1350 is due for an upgrade. No details as yet but said sometime in 2015.

Thats a bit like saying 'they will get an update. eventually.' Yes, probably they will be updated some day... But I think if said update was just round the corner they would not have published the facelift version... Beyer is not a large outfit to change their models each year, so I would not hold my breath.

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #790 of 1,323
Interesting observations from all round, and like many of you, I am also keeping the HD25 in the cabinet together with the DT1350 as they are still "good old faithfuls". They have their own strength and comfort level so I swap between them and the other cans. Different cans for different music.

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #791 of 1,323
Hi all,
I purchased the DT1350 some weeks ago. Since I am having some comfort issues I received yesterday the T51p pads but when tried to replace the pads found an issue, In one of the drivers there is a filter attached to it, and in the other driver the filter is attached to earpad. 
Looking for information I found images of dismantled DT1350 with and without this filter attached. 
Is this filter necessary? affects sound? should I completely remove it? is it possible to remove it from the ear pad?

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #792 of 1,323
  Hi all,
I purchased the DT1350 some weeks ago. Since I am having some comfort issues I received yesterday the T51p pads but when tried to replace the pads found an issue, In one of the drivers there is a filter attached to it, and in the other driver the filter is attached to earpad. 
Looking for information I found images of dismantled DT1350 with and without this filter attached. 
Is this filter necessary? affects sound? should I completely remove it? is it possible to remove it from the ear pad?

Thanks!

I think you might have pulled too hard on the right side?

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #794 of 1,323
While there may of course be a misbuilt pad normally DT1350 pads come with the filter as part of the pad (but glued there I guess, not an integral part).

The filters are merely to keep the driver from getting dirty as far as I know... you can remove them bit I'd advise against that: debris form your ear/hair/skin will enter the headphone and stick to the diaphragm or get into any space behind the drivers plastic protection cover.

Don't your T51 pads come with a cover themselves?
Don't think so.
It seems that in one cup, the sticky part is between the ear pad and the filter, and in the other cup, the sticky part is between the filter and the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back