The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Aug 29, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #3,811 of 4,307
Great rig. Can't get enough pics of a pure industrial/functional design with these cans. Let's see them in the field where they belong (also) 
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #3,812 of 4,307
I wish guys , Beyer will not let me purchase it
frown.gif

They want to keep it , and I quote "We don't sell discontinued models even if if they are available" ...so much for being a owner of the world's first headphone
Anyway I might get the dt100 400ohm to complete my DT1XX collection and eventually buy a 48 , quite unhappy
frown.gif

I have the 400ohm vintage DT100's. They are super weird headphones. Very colored but still revealing at the same time, and the soundstage is big.

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #3,815 of 4,307
Kenneth Branagh seems to like 'em too!

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,816 of 4,307
Hello Guys!

Dunno if im in the right topic.

Just found this BeyerDT48 in a local auction site.

Can any of you tell me the possible year of production of these cans?

Also, its not that I'd ever sell it, but how much this beauty might possibly be worth of?

Thanks!

szerecsen

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #3,818 of 4,307
I´m seriously considering getting DT 48 E.There is few of them in Ebay.Previously i had SRH-940 and right now my HE-500 needs to be sent for warranty repair.I´m tired of these headphones trying to sound like a pair of loudspeakers with huge soundstage and making the sound more exciting.I just want to hear the ultimate timbre,transparency and midrange reproduction.When somebody in this thread/review said these sound "boring" and "plain Jane",i actually got even more interested of these cans.Weird.I know they have limitations in bass quantity and soundstage size.If i get these,i post my impressions.Maybe i should compare them to the HE-500.

Sep 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #3,819 of 4,307
  I´m seriously considering getting DT 48 E.There is few of them in Ebay.Previously i had SRH-940 and right now my HE-500 needs to be sent for warranty repair.I´m tired of these headphones trying to sound like a pair of loudspeakers with huge soundstage and making the sound more exciting.I just want to hear the ultimate timbre,transparency and midrange reproduction.When somebody in this thread/review said these sound "boring" and "plain Jane",i actually got even more interested of these cans.Weird.I know they have limitations in bass quantity and soundstage size.If i get these,i post my impressions.Maybe i should compare them to the HE-500.

You will hear "ultimate timbre,transparency and midrange reproduction" with it, furthermore you will hear best in the world sound for classical vocal and chamber classical. But if you considering to get modern version 48e (like mine) keep in mind that for contemporary music genres you also get sibilance and lack of bass. Comparing to the HE500/HE6/HD800 dt48 have much more close, intimate and lively sound. I love so much how Maria Callas can sings from my 48. Hope it will help ^^

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #3,820 of 4,307
That's how I got interested in them too,btw my Kudelski model goes down to 10Hz up to my hearing limits of 18kHz and the normal listening frequencies with 0db hearing loss for me. Using www.audiocheck.net

Those Beyer that you got from the auction are the early few DT48 A. Ischcabible has a read blue pair not sure if 8 or 5 ohms like other later models.

Auction prices vary of course but could fetch 150 up depending on condition and demand. It has the old style single headband.

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #3,821 of 4,307
Just listened to the trio version of Red and the instrumental Fallen Angel (virgin tapes) of the remastered King Crimson album and what of a musical impact it is! Those wonderful chord changes...

I'm amazed what these headphones, with drivers designed in 1937, are capable of.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #3,822 of 4,307
  Hello Guys!

Dunno if im in the right topic.

Just found this BeyerDT48 in a local auction site.

Can any of you tell me the possible year of production of these cans?

Also, its not that I'd ever sell it, but how much this beauty might possibly be worth of?

Thanks!

szerecsen

If you get these babies make sure to replace the pads with the DT48e. The pads on these, besides probably being falling appart don't make a good seal - the fault being those 4 holes that breathe out too much bass. Also have the cable checked - if seller is willing, ask to open cups and see how much rust (if any) lies within the alu drivers and oxidation around where the cables are soldered. It could also mean a recable job. They should sound wonderful.

Glad to see some more people getting onboard with these cans. 

Just yesterday listened to the solo performance of Pavarotti's Nessum Dorma on the MFSL 3 tenors disc and shed some tears near the end...

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #3,823 of 4,307
I've been listening to DSD and High Res FLAC u almost without much sleep, since I got my Trio back together with the Arietta which were on TLoan fir the review, I had requestwdforan. excerof but wasn't sent any, lately I'm driving Kudelski thru the active balanced Quickstep. The reason I'm not sleeping much is taking them off, Putting them on don't have any issues with that lol, in fact I''ve been yearning to get back to them as soon as I can. Over here in Singapore it's 0425hrs, wide awake and listening to Deadmaus 4x4=12. just before that was a superb recording of Cat Stevens Tea for the Tillerman.
This pair Kudelski outplays the rest and the HD800, which I found tinny. The bass on these strikes my chest and shoulders, at sub bass they as hard and fast never loose and I can hear the sound waves of the lower frequencies and the texture! High frequencies have never had any problems, crisp it never feels flat, Its hauling dynamics in truckloads. you can tell by the way Im writing, dang mesmerizing.

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #3,824 of 4,307
If you can find those similar vinyl soft pads in excellent condition like the types I've used on Kudelski. it's way better than the new donut pads, the DT48 was designed to stay very close to your ear canal.But what you can do with those Grey pads are stuff some foam or cotton and try them on, the new pads make them sound a little detached, it's suppose to sound like how the HD800 surrounds your space, I really mean like in outerspace. FYI those 4 holes allows the pads to declare and stay as close as possible to your ear canal, they conform to your outer ear's landscape for the seal. see how very close they are, really streamlined
0BJZOh.jpg

Sep 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #3,825 of 4,307
Maybe I never got a decent pair of those, then? Are they part number b2-04-00? Impossible to find new...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back