The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Mar 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #1,711 of 4,308
I've just received a DT48E 25 ohm, which can be called vintage-ish. With the name 'beyerdynamic' (as opposed to 'Beyer'), but without the modern logo. So I guess it's somewhere from the '70s. It appears to be completely in it's original state. This is the first time I've come across the 'floppy' pads, and I must say they're easy to hate. So those will be replaced, as well as the cable.

I've included some pictures I took before I started with the necessary upgrades.

(I won't comment (much) on the sound yet, in it's current state comparison with my other versions would be unreliable.)

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,712 of 4,308
Well,l got my 25 Ohm cans in. first listen and I must say they are a different beast then the 200 Ohm set. they seem faster and the sound stage is almost like your standing in the middle of the stage with the musicians.

I will let them burnin for some time and then have another listen

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #1,713 of 4,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,l got my 25 Ohm cans in. first listen and I must say they are a different beast then the 200 Ohm set. they seem faster and the sound stage is almost like your standing in the middle of the stage with the musicians.

I will let them burnin for some time and then have another listen

Congrats. (You move quickly.
biggrin.gif
)

Few people have had the chance to compare the 25 ohm and 200 ohm versions, so I'm curious to hear what your experience will be. My impression is that the 200 ohm version sounds somewhat similar to (but better than) the 25 ohm version with a 120 ohm amp output. The 200 ohm version puts you at more of a distance to the music and particularly the bass is less tight. But it's a far more relaxing listen. Now that I've owned both for a while I notice that when I'm not in the mood to get hit over the head by music, I reach for the 200 ohm version.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #1,714 of 4,308
The dt 48s offer the best bang for excellence.

Regarding the switch you ought to look at these websites overunity.com Energetic Forum - Renewable Energy you'll find the 'switch' there regarding the principles.

Regarding headphones i went from creative > hd 555 with xonar d1 > ultrasone 2500 proline with essence stx > dt 48 e 200ohm with stx and the bass between the 2500 and the dt 48 even though the dt 48 has it right from my relaxed view on it yea.

Regarding the bass i do sincerly believe it can be as the 2500 prolines...i can't find any difference with this stx of mine even though it is a little difference hence the sound pressure which makes headphones sound less loud than others yea..

I'm not someone who has been involved in this area for years since i have other interests in other things plus it does get very expensive...i'm just loving reading everyones mistakes so i learn from them...i enjoy the dt 48 for what it can do and what it does plus it is a lot less expensive than the k 1000 or hd 800 yet people who know what those headphones sound like and i wouldn't be ashamed about the dt 48 sounding better than the most expensive headphones regarding vocals which is analytical but i feel it can be anything and at this price point well can't be beaten.

Anyhow when beyerdynamic states boldly the ultimate in magnetic coil design and that means it cannot be improved on because it is perfect and i feel that way towards the dt 48 s nagra so yea may as well call it the ultimate charmeleon and it has all the facts backing it up anyways.

The dt 48 by nature is the same as the joe cell design but for sound as well as some patent from some british scientist regarding the rings which deals with energy from the vaccum/ zpe extraction where creation generates it's self and acts like that...where you get more out than in but not the way you see it but it is in reality like your spoil to whoever and if you require substance read Mr Emoto messages in water.

The spoil is exactly the same as generateing it's self.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #1,715 of 4,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by holylucifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The dt 48s offer the best bang for excellence.

Regarding the switch you ought to look at these websites overunity.com Energetic Forum - Renewable Energy you'll find the 'switch' there regarding the principles.

Regarding headphones i went from creative > hd 555 with xonar d1 > ultrasone 2500 proline with essence stx > dt 48 e 200ohm with stx and the bass between the 2500 and the dt 48 even though the dt 48 has it right from my relaxed view on it yea.

Regarding the bass i do sincerly believe it can be as the 2500 prolines...i can't find any difference with this stx of mine even though it is a little difference hence the sound pressure which makes headphones sound less loud than others yea..

I'm not someone who has been involved in this area for years since i have other interests in other things plus it does get very expensive...i'm just loving reading everyones mistakes so i learn from them...i enjoy the dt 48 for what it can do and what it does plus it is a lot less expensive than the k 1000 or hd 800 yet people who know what those headphones sound like and i wouldn't be ashamed about the dt 48 sounding better than the most expensive headphones regarding vocals which is analytical but i feel it can be anything and at this price point well can't be beaten.

Anyhow when beyerdynamic states boldly the ultimate in magnetic coil design and that means it cannot be improved on because it is perfect and i feel that way towards the dt 48 s nagra so yea may as well call it the ultimate charmeleon and it has all the facts backing it up anyways.

The dt 48 by nature is the same as the joe cell design but for sound as well as some patent from some british scientist regarding the rings which deals with energy from the vaccum/ zpe extraction where creation generates it's self and acts like that...where you get more out than in but not the way you see it but it is in reality like your spoil to whoever and if you require substance read Mr Emoto messages in water.

The spoil is exactly the same as generateing it's self.

Yeah.. We must be twins.. You are I are so passionate about these phones.. In fact, I bet some mods will do a ISP check to see if you are actually me.. They can go right ahead..Lucifer is not a alias of mine..
dt880smile.png

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,716 of 4,308
I finally got a headphone amp yesterday, the SM Pro Audio QAMP. I had been using my receiver for a headphone out for the longest time then realized I needed a real amp.

I dont know why I never bought a decent amp in the first place. The difference is crazy going from my headphone jack to the amp. I can hear into more layers of the music and everything resolves so well. It sounds so clean and balanced. Everything is so textured and the attack/decay is so defined and clear instead mushed together. The imaging is even better now. Everything from the bass to mids to highs improved by atleast 15%. I get more bass impact, detail definition, separation, soundstage, EVERYTHING improved.

Im currently re-listening to my music collection. It just sounds so amazing right now. And the volume on this amp is at only 25%.

beyersmile.png

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #1,717 of 4,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got a headphone amp yesterday, the SM Pro Audio QAMP. I had been using my receiver for a headphone out for the longest time then realized I needed a real amp.

I dont know why I never bought a decent amp in the first place. The difference is crazy going from my headphone jack to the amp. I can hear into more layers of the music and everything resolves so well. It sounds so clean and balanced. Everything is so textured and the attack/decay is so defined and clear instead mushed together. The imaging is even better now. Everything from the bass to mids to highs improved by atleast 15%. I get more bass impact, detail definition, separation, soundstage, EVERYTHING improved.

Im currently re-listening to my music collection. It just sounds so amazing right now. And the volume on this amp is at only 25%.

beyersmile.png

Is that the 99.00 studio amp? Pro studio gear always offers the best bang for the price. What receiver were you using? I am using the Yamaha V1800 which has a very good headphone out.. My GP amp is better, but I tend to use my receiver more to boost the treble & I don't need to use a 0hm adapter which restricts the DT48 IMO.. & to those that don't know, 15% is a great improvement when you are dealing with grade A headphones, & diminishing returns hit quickly in audio.

I just might buy the HD800 instead of the oppo83SE.. I can sell one of my HDTV's, my Denon 5900, receiver, & maybe one of my DT48.. I really want to hear the 'best' in terms of cutting edge technically merit..

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #1,720 of 4,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by k3oxkjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does "Joe Cell design" mean?

The joe cell well it was named after a guy who discovered how he could run his car on this cell assembled with rings which is exactly the same as the dt 48 with the way it delivers it's sound.

The joe cell as well as some patent from a british scientist regards extracting energy from the vaccum meaning that you can run your car without ever going to the petrol/gas station everytime.

Directory:Joe Cell - PESWiki

Joe BOOKER -- The "Joe Cell"

There was a suppressed scientist out of thousands who know that the way these inventors did it actually was correct in the fashion of extracting energy from the vaccum, the vaccum is also called quantum and zpe.

Universal Laws Never Before Revealed Keely's Secrets

It works kinda like a solar panel except that it does it through the sub atomic area, it's perpetual motion in disguise.

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #1,721 of 4,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Code word for passage into the DT48 under world.. This & the secret hand shake, once you become a full member of the DT48 or else society..

Just a code word and a secret handshake?? What? No, special little chamois signed by Eugen Beyer himself to wipe the sweat from the drivers?

Pfff, then it isn't worth it. I'm going to sell mine!
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #1,722 of 4,308
According to one member, no headphone purchased under 150 can sound better then a 250-300 headphone.. This wouldn't normally bother me, but he stated it like it was fact, & made the mistake of using the DT48 as a IE.. So, it's time we sell our DT48 for a Bose quiet comfort or Beats by Dre headphone since they both sell for over 300 & sound better then the DT48..

On a side note, nice quote.. Most overrated, or close to, headphone on head fi?? How many owners are there? Under 20..lol Average detail..lol True, no sound stage, but lets criticize a headphone for actually sounding like a headphone. N3rdling can never explain to me how they been in production for 73 yrs if they are so bad.. I guess n3rdling equates, bright, treble, extended highs with detail.. Seriously, this guy auditioned them for what 5-15 minutes!! At a meet no less.. Hell, my first 30 minutes of listening, I was having buyers remorse.. If he just used the DT48 for a week with a variety of genres, he still would probably not like them, but feel the hate he has towards them would lessen.

It's quotes, & mis information like this, that I created the DT48 appreciation blog, & unraveling the mysteries behind the DT48 blog.

Nothing personal against n3rdling. I won't attack him personally.. I actually think he's good for the community.. Has a vast knowledge of good headphones & expresses himself well, & is helpful & polite. I just think he's not giving the DT48 a fair shake.. But nothing fair in life.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #1,723 of 4,308
Quote:

According to one member, no headphone purchased under 150 can sound better then a 250-300 headphone.. This wouldn't normally bother me, but he stated it like it was fact, & made the mistake of using the DT48 as a IE.. So, it's time we sell our DT48 for a Bose quiet comfort or Beats by Dre headphone since they both sell for over 300 & sound better then the DT48..

On a side note, nice quote.. Most overrated, or close to, headphone on head fi?? How many owners are there? Under 20..lol Average detail..lol True, no sound stage, but lets criticize a headphone for actually sounding like a headphone. N3rdling can never explain to me how they been in production for 73 yrs if they are so bad.. I guess n3rdling equates, bright, treble, extended highs with detail.. Seriously, this guy auditioned them for what 5-15 minutes!! At a meet no less.. Hell, my first 30 minutes of listening, I was having buyers remorse.. If he just used the DT48 for a week with a variety of genres, he still would probably not like them, but feel the hate he has towards them would lessen.

It's quotes, & mis information like this, that I created the DT48 appreciation blog, & unraveling the mysteries behind the DT48 blog.

Nothing personal against n3rdling. I won't attack him personally.. I actually think he's good for the community.. Has a vast knowledge of good headphones & expresses himself well, & is helpful & polite. I just think he's not giving the DT48 a fair shake.. But nothing fair in life.

By today's standards, the DT-48 is a parallel universe. When you first switch from a "modern" sounding phone, you tend to go "what the?...", but 5 mins later you're going "ahhhhh....". Some people just can't make the leap.

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...

Kevin

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #1,724 of 4,308
Quote:

Originally Posted by k3oxkjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By today's standards, the DT-48 is a parallel universe. When you first switch from a "modern" sounding phone, you tend to go "what the?...", but 5 mins later you're going "ahhhhh....". Some people just can't make the leap.

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...

Kevin

I totally agree.. My first reaction was What.. If I only listened for 5-10 minutes at a meet, I would have walked away disappointed too.. Parallel universe is a good analogy. How about bizzaro world, where everything is backwards, cause by today's standards that is what the DT48 are.. Behind the times.. Funny, but the DT48 reconfigures your brain.. I see it as training your ears, getting out the gunk, & putting in the 'real'. Music is like a puzzle.. The DT48 solves the puzzle with ever piece in their proper place.

I read that the DT 48 200 ohm is less in your face.. Do you have a DT48 200 ohm?

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #1,725 of 4,308
Quote:

I totally agree.. My first reaction was What.. If I only listened for 5-10 minutes at a meet, I would have walked away disappointed too.. Parallel universe is a good analogy. How about bizzaro world, where everything is backwards, cause by today's standards that is what the DT48 are.. Behind the times.. Funny, but the DT48 reconfigures your brain.. I see it as training your ears, getting out the gunk, & putting in the 'real'. Music is like a puzzle.. The DT48 solves the puzzle with ever piece in their proper place.

I read that the DT 48 200 ohm is less in your face.. Do you have a DT48 200 ohm?

No, maybe someday. I am pretty motivated to try all I can get my mitts on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back