The BEST looking and sounding headphones
May 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #7 of 73
For hip hop. You gonna wear them around I take it.. Try a Ultrasone HFI-580.. Good looking cans and sound great too.  Or the Ultrasone DJ1. Depends on which one you like better looks wise. Both are great looking. Great for hip hop. Sturdy. Good isolation. Good sound. Won't cost you so much. Around half of what your willing to spend. The DJ1 are white n black. and the HFi-580s are chrome and black. Both are the same headphones but one was made for Dj use. Both are easy to drive and will play out of any MP3 player or even your phone.. You can spend a lot more for other cans n such but a nice combo of looks and sound.. These are it.. From one hip hop listener to another.. Solid for the price.

May 5, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 73
I used to only listen to rap, then I got good headphones and I discovered what music what about. 
Quote:
hmm
seems like hip and rap doesnt go well with audiophiles...
I've had trouble finding anyone who shares the same music taste...

May 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #12 of 73
Ya I own both. The HFI-780 are good but lack the punch that is on the HTF-580/ DJ1s.  I like the HFI-780 for trance more so but for hip hop..The DJ1/ HFi-580.

The HFI-780 aren't bass light. Good bass on these but Ultrasone made the HFI-580 into a DJ can for reason. The best bass out of the HFI- series.. And I also own the V-80s. Not great for hiphop. For light music they are great but not for bass heavy music.

May 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 73
I personally listen to a lot of Kanye West and I really do like his albums and music... I also used to listen to a lot of Drake...
I think now a lot of rap is almost incorporated into a lot of different genres with some songs having a completely different sound then what rap used to be...
theres violins, full orchestras, all kinds of sounds in raps nowadays, not just the thump of bass...
I think i'll stay with rap for a while, but I don't think its fair to condemn the whole genre...
just my 2 cents...

@evolutionx I tried the P5's, but they just didnt do it for me... thanks though!

thanks for the advice dsnuts, I shall be ordering the DJ1's soon I believe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back