The BEST looking and sounding headphones
May 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #46 of 73
lol I thought this was a thread to accumulate peoples opinions on what they think is the best looking headphone. Didn't expect it to be a thread for "help me find a headphone I think will look good for rap/hip hop for under $300" 
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #49 of 73
i find the Brainwavs HM3 to be some of the very good looking plastic headphones.
for exclusive stuff check Molami, Gorgeous but it;s girls only :p
another new designy brand is Meze, they make only wood headphones and they look stunning
still, i would say that one should get a pair that suits their own style... you can't go around in your trainers wearing Meze or Molami, and it's funny to see business class people with those horrible silver imitation plastics from Bose (PS. i love Bose headphones, just not their style)

May 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #50 of 73
Brainwavz look meh! But those other two 
blink.gif
. Is that real wood? They look stunning. Didn't even know those companies existed, never seen them mentioned on here. Are they any good?

May 10, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #51 of 73
Brainwavz look meh! But those other two :blink: . Is that real wood? They look stunning. Didn't even know those companies existed, never seen them mentioned on here. Are they any good?

Give them a go for the team :)

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #55 of 73

:p

might be so...
but either way, hip hop just receives a certain level of hate almost naturally...

I haven't gotten that sense, at least recently. There's lots of people who listen to hip-hop on quality equipment - I think the biggest divide is that most of the people who can afford the really expensive stuff are also older (age mediating having a stable job mediating having disposable income), and hip-hop wasn't as popular many years ago (it was non-existent if you go back far enough); just like rock and roll in the 1960s and 1970s was new and foreign, and often regarded as "uncouth." I would not be surprised at all if in ten or twenty years we're talking about "classic rap" or "classic dubstep" or something along those lines.

Were we supposed to be suggesting you a pair of cans? I agree with the ESW9 suggestion, and agree with getting a case for them (also be sure you buy them from an AUTHORIZED AUDIO-TECHNICA DEALER as they are one of the most heavily counterfeited headphones out there). The pouch is nice for at home, but will not save them from getting smashed or crushed - one of the Koss cases should fit them (probably A). Otherwise find something creative.

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #56 of 73
classic rap...
it makes sense, yea... 
and I actually went ahead and got the Chamber Premiums by RZA...
before anyone says anything, they actually sounds pretty good...
wide soundstage, and I would call them an HDJ-2000 with a slightly boomier bass, slightly sharper highs, but mids just a bit smoother, and with isolation a bit better...
I went into guitarcenter and went through 5 pairs of Shures, Sennhesiers, and beyers before I tried the Chambers...
they're surprisingly good...

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #57 of 73
Never heard of "Chamber Premiums by RZA" - DuckDuckGo turns up WeSC. These? http://wesc.com/chambersbyrza/premium/black

If that FR graph is legitimate (I doubt it is, it's probably *extremely* smoothed (very few headphones/speakers can put up a flat line like that without some compensation applied to the measurement)), they probably don't sound terrible, all things considered. Look neato too - but that's going on the marketing pictures (which always look neato). Nothing looks too insane in their specs or design, but that doesn't tell us a whole lot. :xf_eek:

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #58 of 73
yupp...
those are the ones...
when i was looking for reviews on them, I couldn't find anything...
I honestly dont know anything bout the graphs, never really figured out what they meant...
but yea... good to my ears

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #59 of 73
yupp...
those are the ones...
when i was looking for reviews on them, I couldn't find anything...
I honestly dont know anything bout the graphs, never really figured out what they meant...
but yea... good to my ears

The graph on their site is a frequency response graph - it's supposed to relate magnitude and frequency. I'm guessing it's been smoothed out though, to make the low frequency section look so perfectly flat. The only headphones I'm aware of that actually measure like that are orthos and electrostats. http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/about-headphone-measurements.php

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #60 of 73
To think of it, I also grew up around rap / hip-hop (a lot of Eminem. Actually mainly Eminem) but ended up growing out of it after getting better speakers / headphones (and then again this was about 3 years ago, when I was 13, so maybe all my tastes just changed). If you think the M/V80s / LPs sound like crap, then I don't know what you would like under 300 for hip-hop / rap that also looks good. Personally I found even the LPs sounded pretty average and I do most of my listening on M200 mkiis (upgrading to mkiii later :)) and the FA-011 / HD25-ii.

M50s look pretty decent, and I did like them for all my genres. Though then again looks are based on the user. I personally hate how the Beats look and love the M80s look and the custom IEM look (irrelevant though), though some people say otherwise. What look are you going for exactly? Retro? Modern? Studio/Professional? Whatever style's in (flashy / Beats look)? Hipster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back