The Best High End IEM For Me!
Aug 27, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #46 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hrmm

another update, im seriosuly considering customs now, well actually the Livewire customs cuz they are the only customs i can afford and people seem to like them.

They are much cheaper than the E500/TripleFi10's that has a lot of votes.

Has anyone used both custom and universal IEMs, what do you reckon is the benefit of custom over universal?

I'm prob gon get ear impressions next week or so, so will see how this thread pans out
smily_headphones1.gif

well this comes down to what sound your seeking because i found the livewires flat and enjoyed the warmth of the shure e500 more,but it depends on your preference,obviously customs will provide the best fit,but once again thay are good but not something that will blow you away,not too special,the ue10's are flat but on a whole different higher level

i found the shures and triple fi's to be on the same level as the ue10 but with different sound signatures but the livewires are custom yes but lack anything to shout about,they are overall good but they are cheap customs and they arent on the same level as the higher high end iem's,customs are very tempting tho they are customs afterall

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #47 of 90
hrmmm

im amping with a pa2v2 now, which does enhance the bass which is quite nice, so i dont want to get an iem/custom that already has good bass (i.e. EB), but I do want to get something that will last me a while, and Im thinkn the customs look good right about now.

Ive read a review of them and the person was quite impressed. So, yeah just looking to hear more from Livewire owners.

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #48 of 90
Quote:

hrmmm

im amping with a pa2v2 now, which does enhance the bass which is quite nice, so i dont want to get an iem/custom that already has good bass (i.e. EB), but I do want to get something that will last me a while, and Im thinkn the customs look good right about now.

Ive read a review of them and the person was quite impressed. So, yeah just looking to hear more from Livewire owners.

i agree really i do believe the livewires will be a good investment,they are good

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #49 of 90
yeah once i get em, im gon avoid buying more stuff cuz im getting broke (now i understand the 'sorry abt ur wallet' slogon we hav here lol!)

I will still do some more research, but for a custom within my budget, the livewires seem to stick out!

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #50 of 90
I just voted for the E500's since mine got here today and they BEAT every IEM that I have! (see sig) Unlike some reports, these are identical to the SE530 and they don't have any hi-end roll-off to my ears.

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #51 of 90
Quote:

yeah once i get em, im gon avoid buying more stuff cuz im getting broke (now i understand the 'sorry abt ur wallet' slogon we hav here lol!)

I will still do some more research, but for a custom within my budget, the livewires seem to stick out!

absolutely i was tempted to get some myself,so i did indeed get some and they were flat to my ears but did respond well to EQ but i firmly believe if you have to EQ earphones then they obviously arent right 4 you because you have to alter the sound,i never had to EQ the shures or triple fi's for that matter i loved both but thought the shures stole it on mids and bass quality,you must take into consideration that yes the livewires are customs and pretty cheap for customs but they are THE cheapest customs and will be considered the lowest quality customs you can get,ofcourse they are far from low quality but as far as customs go...which is why high end universals are a good prospect because they offer sound that competes with the higher end customs such as ue10 and ofcourse they have the resale ability,customs are custom and cant be resold and if you dont like the livewires its like it or lump it because your stuck with them and i personally much prefer the shure e500 to the sensaphonics customs which i found bloated and unaccurate

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #52 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
absolutely i was tempted to get some myself,so i did indeed get some and they were flat to my ears but did respond well to EQ but i firmly believe if you have to EQ earphones then they obviously arent right 4 you because you have to alter the sound,i never had to EQ the shures or triple fi's for that matter i loved both but thought the shures stole it on mids and bass quality,you must take into consideration that yes the livewires are customs and pretty cheap for customs but they are THE cheapest customs and will be considered the lowest quality customs you can get,ofcourse they are far from low quality but as far as customs go...which is why high end universals are a good prospect because they offer sound that competes with the higher end customs such as ue10 and ofcourse they have the resale ability,customs are custom and cant be resold and if you dont like the livewires its like it or lump it because your stuck with them and i personally much prefer the shure e500 to the sensaphonics customs which i found bloated and unaccurate

I don't think the Livewires are low quality even compared to other dual driver customs, some people say they are similar to the Sensaphonics custom which are like $700 or more, and Livewires did not skimp on the components to cut costs.
Even the high end drivers cost like what, $20 USD a piece?
I never really got where the $700+ prices came from on custom IEMs, especially now that one company has shown it can be done for far less.

Their cable is excellent also, from what I've seen, it looks like the ones they use at Westone, just with a different connector.

Only thing about the Livewires is that their accessories (no 1/4 adapter, extension cord, etc) and packaging seems to be below par compared to other companies, but since they are just starting up I would not be surprised if they worked that out in the near future.
I'm afraid to guess how much from the $700+ you're paying for a UE/Westone/etc custom is actually for the name brand and the packaging/accessories.
blink.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #53 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the Livewires are low quality even compared to other dual driver customs, some people say they are similar to the Sensaphonics custom which are like $700 or more, and Livewires did not skimp on the components to cut costs.
Even the high end drivers cost like what, $20 USD a piece?
I never really got where the $700+ prices came from on custom IEMs, especially now that one company has shown it can be done for far less.

Their cable is excellent also, from what I've seen, it looks like the ones they use at Westone, just with a different connector.

Only thing about the Livewires is that their accessories (no 1/4 adapter, extension cord, etc) and packaging seems to be below par compared to other companies, but since they are just starting up I would not be surprised if they worked that out in the near future.
I'm afraid to guess how much from the $700+ you're paying for a UE/Westone/etc custom is actually for the name brand and the packaging/accessories.
blink.gif

oh im sorry i didnt mean to word it like that i suppose yes the livewires are not low quality i can confirm that i suppose what i meant to say is they may be considered a starting point in the custom market,i do prefer the livewires to the sensaphonics which i did not get along with at all, and they do put out impressive sound but as i said although its a good sound it does not contain anything that astounds me,its flat but not on the same quality sound as the ue line,i prefered the sound of these to sensaphonics which i really didnt like,as you mentioned its let down by accessories and packaging but what do u expect when they this cheap,another factor to consider is yes they only just started up so it could well be the fact that maybe they kept it cheap to make an impact and indeed they have because the livewires are not poor by any stretch of the imagination

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #55 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hwy Feedme, I was just wondering if you've made up your mind on which IEM, you have made a decision on?

hi

although it was in the original list, im highly considering just buying a pair of customs - the ones i am looking at are the livewires.

im going to start a general savings till about $500, but will not actually purchase anything just yet.

ive spent quite a bit since joining head-fi, so im trying to wait till i make another purchase, maybe closer to xmas.my bday, might be able to get my parents to give me some cash.

but the livewires are quite tempting, if not them then for high end IEM, it's probably the shure e530, but im also looking to see what the new westone 3 gets when it's released. also, the new sleek audio sa6 looks quite sexy, so yeah.

im going to wait a while till i do purchase something, but this thread was aimed at what i should save up for, so yeah. another aim of this thread was to generally discuss the mix of IEM's i polled and hopefully it can be used by other people looking for new IEMs.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #56 of 90
Quote:

hi

although it was in the original list, im highly considering just buying a pair of customs - the ones i am looking at are the livewires.

im going to start a general savings till about $500, but will not actually purchase anything just yet.

ive spent quite a bit since joining head-fi, so im trying to wait till i make another purchase, maybe closer to xmas.my bday, might be able to get my parents to give me some cash.

but the livewires are quite tempting, if not them then for high end IEM, it's probably the shure e530, but im also looking to see what the new westone 3 gets when it's released. also, the new sleek audio sa6 looks quite sexy, so yeah.

im going to wait a while till i do purchase something, but this thread was aimed at what i should save up for, so yeah. another aim of this thread was to generally discuss the mix of IEM's i polled and hopefully it can be used by other people looking for new IEMs.

smily_headphones1.gif

Up til a couple of hours ago I was in the same situation, I never realized it would be so hard to come to a decision,

About three hours ago I ordered some crossroads mylarone xb, then I thought ok I'm done for now, then about ten minutes after that I found myself buying SE530's , daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn it I hate this site
plainface.gif
icon10.gif
plainface.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #57 of 90
Livewires got my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back