The best headphones in the world
Mar 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #16 of 30
If I had to take one headphone, one amp, and one dac it would be HD650, Graham Slee Ultra-Linear Diamond, and the Schiit Gungir

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 30
The AKG sextett is my favorite out of all the ones I've tried including $1000+ headphones. I think it is because they seem to do everything I want really well. I'm really curious how the German Maestros sound after really loving all the MB Quarts I've tried so far. Hell even the Beyerdynamics been keeping me happy. I think the rule of thumb for me is if the headphone is made in Austria or Germany, then it most likely would be good.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #22 of 30
I'd love to be able to check out the Orpheus and the Stax someday. Not that far ahead, regrettably, just yet, and here in Bulgaria we hardly even have a place where I can have a listen to those.

Heck, I don't even think someone has them, though I could be wrong. Planning on spending a couple of months in the US in the summer, so I'll definitely be visiting a store that has them on display and checking them out for myself.

For now, I'd just have to say - HD800 all the way! Used to have HD650 back in the day too, those were beautiful as well. Though I probably sound like a moron, or a Sennheiser fanboy. Oh well. At least I'm not saying "Dre's Beats" :D

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #23 of 30
Anything Bose is the best.

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #25 of 30
Mar 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #26 of 30
There is no "best" because there are always trade offs. So far I've found that HD600 has the fewest trade offs (except that it needs a decent amp, which I don't consider a trade off). Are others better? At certain things, yes--but they're also worse at other things.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #28 of 30
Well most true to life sounding phone I heard is lcd-3, but then again I haven't heard alot of top of the line phones!

Mar 13, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 30
I don't know about in the entire world, but I like my Sennheiser HD800s more than any that I have owned or heard, including a Stax SR 404 system. They have electrostatic-like clarity but with better bass and greater warmth. For classical and other acoustic music, they would be hard to beat...and I don't even use a dedicated amp--I just plug them straight into my Oppo 105's headphone jack and enjoy their glorious clarity and detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back