THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Dec 22, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #1,801 of 5,014
...and now for something completely different...an ensemble by the name of 'Passiflora':

I'm not really sure what to make of them, to tell you the truth!
blink.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,804 of 5,014
Phoebe Killdeer has quite a unique voice:

There's not much on Youtube to do her justice, but I suspect that a well-engineered studio acoustic session, with the right material, could yield a worthy EP.

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,806 of 5,014

thoroughly enjoyed them, thanks for sharing! BTW, you're on a roll! Pumping so many artists this thread is teeming with life! Well done
k701smile.gif

Cheers, m8.

It's become such a long-running thread that I'm noticing many youtube deletions that need repairing, when I occasionally skip back through the entries. Be a great shame to let a thread like this to fall into decay
popcorn.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,807 of 5,014
I'm also enjoying Passiflora.  They're based out of Costa Rica, maybe I will go see them. 

I live down in Panama, so it would be a 6-7 hour drive, but I think it might be fun.

I'll post a few..  

Here is an artist I followed for  four or five years on YouTube, Gabrielle Aplin - 

Another musician that I have followed on YouTube, Orla Gartland - 

And yet another musician I have  followed on YouTube for a couple of years..  Mree - 

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,809 of 5,014
Thanks, illyria.

Just a gentle hint: there's a 'Search This Thread' function at the top of each page, so you can check if an artist has been posted (with videos) previously.

There're some great young artists coming-through via Youtube these days, aren't there? Many's the time a couple of hours has flown by, while I jump from link to link, listening to music I've never heard before.

Although I don't use it personally, I know quite a few people discover new artists these days via Spotify.

I've even posted one or two artists in this thread that I encountered whilst shopping in stores that had them playing, and I used 'Sound Hound' to identify what/who the artist/song was!

How times have changed since my childhood, when I used to try to tape the Top-40 on a Sunday evening, to listen to, on my Sony Walkman, later!
beyersmile.png

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,811 of 5,014

Hannah Grace

Thumbs-up!
L3000.gif

Nina Nesbitt reminds me of a 'less edgy' KT Tunstall.

Alice Kristiansen has definite potential - I think she may be one to keep an eye on, in the next few years

Thanks for the links...

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #1,812 of 5,014
Lauren Aquilina - 

All of the musicians I listed are friends and/or know each other, and I learned about all of them branching down from following Gabrielle Aplin.. 

Will post more a bit later, however, I'm going to go for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back