The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22
Jun 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #16 of 255
WOW
beautiful pictures and great detailed review!

I really enjoy my HD 650 with the WA2.
I have similar sound tastes as well.
Love highly detailed things but not at the expense of musicality and that slightly laid back sound.

I've been considering some LCD2's for a while.
any reason to not get them if my main amp is the WA2???

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #17 of 255
LCD-2 might be hard to drive depending on source, i remember a while ago u had some low impedance that u said clipped on your WA2, the LCD-2 clips on my WA2 with the DL III, even with TS 5998 or Syl 7236.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 255
do you have Rev 1 or 2?

I think the efficiency of the LCD2 and LCD3 are almost the same.

I wonder why some WA2's have trouble driving them and others don't.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 255
Really great review, Thank you!

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #21 of 255
Quote:
do you have Rev 1 or 2?

I think the efficiency of the LCD2 and LCD3 are almost the same.

I wonder why some WA2's have trouble driving them and others don't.

Yup.

Audeze lists the LCD2 as 91 dB. the LCD3 is 93 dB. 

the LCD2 is  around60 ohm. The LCD3 is around 50 ohm.

It takes less voltage and power to get the LCD3 to the same volume compared to the LCD2. 

As for how good the two headphones will sound on the same amp, that’s another matter. But the LCD3 is not a difficult headphone to drive to decent volume.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #22 of 255
Thanks for all the friendly comments :) 

With regards to the LCD-2's - I have the LCD-2 rev.1 - which is, as LCfiner points out - easier to drive than the rev.2. I have a/b-ed them - but never heard the LCD-2 rev.2 on the WA2. I see no reason at all not to get the LCD-2 rev.1 or the LCD-3 for the WA2

In my review, I guess my comments on LCD-3 would be equally subjectivly true with LCD-2 rev.1, they're pretty similar in the way the Woo's are driving them.

Anyway - I prefer the rev.1 to the rev.2, so my advise to Rawrbington is just to get a second hand rev.1 and get better sound and save some money. If you want the new cushions, their pretty cheap from Audez'e . I bought the leather free ones, but now that I've gotten used to the rev.1 original pads - I haven't bothered to replace them.. 

The WA2 is som 400 mW or something, which is more than most cheaper headphone amps anyway. I even find the HE-500 driven decently from the WA2 - baka1969 even preferred the HE500 with the WA2 more than with the WA6SE in his "Sibling Rivalry" comparison HERE

My guess is that people complaining about the WA2 clipping etc. is playing too loud 
L3000.gif
 But by all means - for the super tight bass and extreme headroom you need something more powerful. But then you loose something (that silky midrange....)
Quote:
I've been considering some LCD2's for a while.
any reason to not get them if my main amp is the WA2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCfiner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Audeze lists the LCD2 as 91 dB. the LCD3 is 93 dB. 

the LCD2 is  around60 ohm. The LCD3 is around 50 ohm.

It takes less voltage and power to get the LCD3 to the same volume compared to the LCD2. 

As for how good the two headphones will sound on the same amp, that’s another matter. But the LCD3 is not a difficult headphone to drive to decent volume.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #23 of 255
people must listen to music very very quietly then.

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #26 of 255
Thanks :) But I must specify that I didn't let other users find out what suits them - I have only tried to figure out what suits me... and didn't even really succeed in doing that 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
You did the GREAT job!!! it is so nice to let any users to find out which suits better for them.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #28 of 255
Great review!

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #30 of 255
Quote:
You use the LCD-2 r2 with the WA6SE feed by the WA2, if I remember correctly?

Can you elaborate about the source? Are you saying that sources with lower gain makes the LCD-2's clip easier?

yes, only sometimes

umm something about the source output being low, im sure someone can explain it better than i can lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back