The Basshead Club
Aug 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #7,081 of 11,286
Quote:

They have the shorter cables for smartphones as well. I have the 3-button one. It doesn't sound any worse than the audio-only cable. In fact some people thinks it sounds even better.

Very cool to know that.  How long is that apx? 

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #7,082 of 11,286
Quote:
Well now...........time for a new member to be added to basshead club headphone list.  The Darth Beyer...............

For those who don't know what this beast is, it began life as an 80 ohm DT770, then went to Larry @ Headphile for some custom extra deep wood cups, driver tweaking and a nice new cable.  Just literally got them a half hour ago and can only say the ears are rattling inside those cups pretty good.  Beautiful to look at as well which means nothing. 

More to come but this IS a contender for the list................
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
eek.gif

With the right setup and song these can literally rattle your head to a level I thought was not possible in a headphone. 

And it's clean.  Wow. 

I've got it plugged into my vintage Realistic receiver (loudness switch on, bass flat!) being fed by Pandora via the FiiO E-10 and I'm sort of at a loss for words how deep it goes on a Pete Belasco song "I'll Come to You". 

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #7,085 of 11,286
With the right setup and song these can literally rattle your head to a level I thought was not possible in a headphone. 

And it's clean.  Wow. 

I've got it plugged into my vintage Realistic receiver (loudness switch on, bass flat!) being fed by Pandora via the FiiO E-10 and I'm sort of at a loss for words how deep it goes on a Pete Belasco song "I'll Come to You". 

Did you ever try the Ultrasone Signature DJ?

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #7,087 of 11,286
Quote:
How much did those Darth Beyers cost in total?

On the used market I paid a fair amount less than the $450ish from Headphile direct.  At one time they were much higher than even that.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #7,088 of 11,286
Quote:
Did you ever try the Ultrasone Signature DJ?

No, just the Sig Pro and Edition 8.  And of course the Pro900 which to now is the basshead dream to me (along with the D7000).   I was this close to trading for one but the comfort issue I had with the Sig Pro pads made me pause. 

I have no doubt the Sig DJ is a basshead phone and I have some experience with that type of phone. 
eek.gif
  My stable of headphones have a number of thumpers as you can see but this Darth Beyer..............is different.  I haven't even pushed them to their limit yet and I am seeing blurry. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #7,090 of 11,286
Anyone care to compare the m-audio q40 (any configuration) with the dt770pro80/250?

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #7,092 of 11,286
Quote:
No, just the Sig Pro and Edition 8.  And of course the Pro900 which to now is the basshead dream to me (along with the D7000).   I was this close to trading for one but the comfort issue I had with the Sig Pro pads made me pause. 

I have no doubt the Sig DJ is a basshead phone and I have some experience with that type of phone. 
eek.gif
  My stable of headphones have a number of thumpers as you can see but this Darth Beyer..............is different.  I haven't even pushed them to their limit yet and I am seeing blurry. 

Sadly there was another who was crazier than u but he got Tinitus :[, but with this sad removal from thos hobby...

I sersiouly think your borderline BassHead King xD, still those Wooden Dt770 Pro 80's look most wonderful! 

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #7,094 of 11,286
Sadly there was another who was crazier than u but he got Tinitus :[, but with this sad removal from thos hobby...

I sersiouly think your borderline BassHead King xD, still those Wooden Dt770 Pro 80's look most wonderful! 

I remember reading about bareyb and his tinnitus issue. I take it very seriously and don't crank the volume very much.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #7,095 of 11,286
Quote:
I remember reading about bareyb and his tinnitus issue. I take it very seriously and don't crank the volume very much.

Me too, I can't even listen to loud volumes. Even in my car I only crank my stero to about 30%. I get so made when ppl drive my car and leave it up loud -.-

And yea that was him [owned the TH-900 AND Ultrasone Pro Dj Sig :O]

Still your pushing to almost his spending levels lol. And ofc quality is lost at higher volumes imo 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back