The Basshead Club
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #7,111 of 11,286
Quote:
Very Nice Oregonian!

Those cups are massive... brings back memories of a girl I once knew, but I digress...
biggrin.gif

Do the yokes touch the wood? I would be horrified to find little scratch marks on top from the yokes.

Nothing finer than a nice eyeball rattling, diarrhea inducing bass... :)
Congratz on the DB's
beerchug.gif

The yokes could touch the wood, yes.  They don't seem to have as they came packed with a protector in that location which was smart of the gent who I bought them from.  Kind of a weird design consideration that the angle of the yoke could hit it - going to have to put a rubber cap on it to make sure it doesn't ever hit that gorgeous wood.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #7,117 of 11,286
I think wearing this on the streets would be quite an eye-catcher haha. xD

^ this really live up to its name "Darth Beyers" :D

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #7,119 of 11,286
I guess i never even take portability into consideration :3

Im just interested because if that mod can make the 770's worth 500$, imagine what it could do to a high end pair.

Aug 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #7,120 of 11,286
Quote:
I guess i never even take portability into consideration :3

Im just interested because if that mod can make the 770's worth 500$, imagine what it could do to a high end pair.

Portability, for me has meant that it's easy to use and I can carry it in a Case. Lol the Byer Dyanmic dt 880 was portable for me! 

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #7,121 of 11,286
Hmm. Portability for me has always meant i can put the things on my head while im outside, too. As you can imagine... Alot of heaphones fit that bill, lol. I just cant take the annoyance of having to walk and adjust cords and stuff, no matter the portability of the headphones.

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #7,122 of 11,286
Quote:
Hmm. Portability for me has always meant i can put the things on my head while im outside, too. As you can imagine... Alot of heaphones fit that bill, lol. I just cant take the annoyance of having to walk and adjust cords and stuff, no matter the portability of the headphones.

Agree'd I was in Cullinary School for a while, so when I was in my standard Core Classes [english and what not] I still had my BIG chef pants and those huge pockets made a great way to keep cords in check. I also had an e11 and cMoy BB that I used WITH my Hm 601 dap. So I had a pretty thick portable block 

I'm soon to use a jds C5 and Either another hm 601 or hopefully a iBasso Dx50. Sadly the Fiio X3 was warm as I suspected. The preseance of a warm op amp in that thing, sadly. There is a mod for putting an AD 8620 into the X3 but again that's a mod. Hopefully Fiio will offer the DAP with the two different op amps, kinda like what JDS labs did with the C4 

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #7,124 of 11,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back