The Basshead Club
Jan 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #4,546 of 11,286
Monster stuff don't inspire.. CKS77 has new versions the CKS99 and the excellent CKS1000. If all you want to hear in your tunes is small stage no instrument separation with over the top sub bass the Atrios are just that... XB90EX for the price does many things right. They are easy to listen to as well. If you can afford them the FXZ200 is the best bass phone I own.. Those are worth every dollar spent on them.

Oh the XB90 needs no amp as they already have more sub bass than the FXZ200.

Jan 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #4,547 of 11,286
So.. According to your personal taste:

1 - JVC FXZ200 (less bass than xb90ex but better overall quality?)
2 - Sony XB90EX
3 - CKS99 / CKS1000?

The Sony's IEM appear to be hard to find at a good price.. now I'm gonna try to find out a "special offer" for FXZ200 or for the Sony. 

If you know some "special" store with promo code/sales/special offer and you want to notify me via PM...well..you'll become another time my life saver 
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #4,548 of 11,286
Quote:
So.. According to your personal taste:

1 - JVC FXZ200 (less bass than xb90ex but better overall quality?)
2 - Sony XB90EX
3 - CKS99 / CKS1000?

The Sony's IEM appear to be hard to find at a good price.. now I'm gonna try to find out a "special offer" for FXZ200 or for the Sony. 

If you know some "special" store with promo code/sales/special offer and you want to notify me via PM...well..you'll become another time my life saver 
beerchug.gif

Probably no special offers on the FXZ200 since it is a Japanese import.

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #4,549 of 11,286
Subscribed to this.

So, just to gauge the 350 page thread...

M-100, U6000, Pro 500, Fidelio X1, or other?

Also, please give reasons.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #4,550 of 11,286
Quote:
Subscribed to this.

So, just to gauge the 350 page thread...

M-100, U6000, Pro 500, Fidelio X1, or other?

Also, please give reasons.

Abbreviated version:

PRO 500- haven't heard yet but reading good things.  From description, sounds like M-100 with more forward lower mids.

M-100- best basshead can I ever heard in terms of overall sound quality- deep, tight powerful bass, detailed, accurate mids, extended sparkly highs that are never bright or sibilant- nearly perfection to my ears.  There are basshead cans with more bass, but M-100 provides a great deal of bass.

UE6000- boomy bass, but not a ton of bleed, not as tight as M-100 bass but more of it; excellent mids with good detail, slightly rolled off highs, but not too dark like some other basshead cans

I recently order the new NuForce HP-800 which supposedly has fantastic sound, but isn't portable.  You might want to check out the threads.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #4,551 of 11,286
Quote:
Probably no special offers on the FXZ200 since it is a Japanese import.

Same situation on Sony. In amazon.co.jp you can find the xb90ex at 72 USD, but I can't understand how to import them in Europe. 72$ means 54€. From amazon.co.uk same product at 120€. 
size]

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4,552 of 11,286
So far UE6000 seems like the one for me, as long as you can confirm that pads go all the way around the ear.

Since I'm not buying just yet, I'll stay tuned to hear about the others.

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #4,553 of 11,286
Quote:
So far UE6000 seems like the one for me, as long as you can confirm that pads go all the way around the ear.

Since I'm not buying just yet, I'll stay tuned to hear about the others.

The UE6000 is one of the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn with large, deep and plush pads and I think I have larger than average ears.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #4,554 of 11,286
Alright, if you guys remember my modded AD900's, I'm 100% finished modding them now. I've updated my sig link with all of the details. 

EDIT: My sig decided to disappear for some reason. Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/648389/the-audio-technica-ad900-bass-mod

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #4,555 of 11,286
Sorry to jump in, but I have been reading so many threads, page after page, post after post and I can say I can't decide on what headphones to buy. I am an "occasional basshead" which means I sometimes want to hear jazz music and sometimes dubstep, hip-hop etc. Therefore I have a budget of up to $300 and want to get headphones that have can handle lot's of bass. I guess in my head this is different than overboosted bass headphones. I want to be able to listen to quick double kick drums (I guess I want "punch" as described in most threads) but also I want to listen to my old jungle CDs and get that sub bass rattle at times. One crucial detail is the treble, I prefere them airy and smooth, like my Infinity Emit ribbon tweeters.

In short I don't want the bass to "eat" the soundstage or the rest of the frequencies but I want to be able to eq the bass (when I want) and get that bass out without distortion.

I know maybe I am asking for too mucj or maybe there is no easy answer. Thanking you in advance!!

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #4,556 of 11,286
Quote:
Sorry to jump in, but I have been reading so many threads, page after page, post after post and I can say I can't decide on what headphones to buy. I am an "occasional basshead" which means I sometimes want to hear jazz music and sometimes dubstep, hip-hop etc. Therefore I have a budget of up to $300 and want to get headphones that have can handle lot's of bass. I guess in my head this is different than overboosted bass headphones. I want to be able to listen to quick double kick drums (I guess I want "punch" as described in most threads) but also I want to listen to my old jungle CDs and get that sub bass rattle at times. One crucial detail is the treble, I prefere them airy and smooth, like my Infinity Emit ribbon tweeters.

In short I don't want the bass to "eat" the soundstage or the rest of the frequencies but I want to be able to eq the bass (when I want) and get that bass out without distortion.

I know maybe I am asking for too mucj or maybe there is no easy answer. Thanking you in advance!!

What is your budget?

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #4,557 of 11,286
Quote:

There are some cans that deliver a decent amount/quality of bass at stock levels, but fare very well amped/EQed. Some examples that I have good experience with include the ES7, D2000, HP700 and HDJ-2000. The M-100 seems to be a good contender as well, although I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I would have suggested the PRO700MK2 and XB1000 as good choices, but they are dark cans, especially the former.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,558 of 11,286
Quote:

Quote:

There are some cans that deliver a decent amount/quality of bass at stock levels, but fare very well amped/EQed. Some examples that I have good experience with include the ES7, D2000, HP700 and HDJ-2000. The M-100 seems to be a good contender as well, although I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I would have suggested the PRO700MK2 and XB1000 as good choices, but they are dark cans, especially the former.

I love the M-100, but I wouldn't call them bright and airy.  I owned old school Infinity Emit tweeter speakers, so I think MarWax might be looking for Ultrasone highs, maybe the DJ1 around $150?  I was asking about budget because the Ultrasone Signature DJ would probably be the ultimate basshead can for me, but it is $1,000.  I also have two more days to wait for the NuForce HP-800 which might also work for MarWax in the $150 range.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #4,559 of 11,286
Quote:
Quote:

What is your budget?

M-100. I find the highs nice and detailed, but not very extended which might be a flaw for you... 

The bass doesn't swallow the spectrum, but it is forward. You'll get lots of bass drum punch a la double kicks in metal, or the drum tracks in jungle. Jazz is nice and smooth and the bass stays polite, but still gives it a nice heavy groove that's more fun than distracting imo

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #4,560 of 11,286
My budget is $300 maybe even $350.

I know own old school HD535 and DT331. I find for example the HD535 ok on the treble side while the DT331 a bit bright, both are not good on the bass side, with the DT331 worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back