The Basshead Club
Jan 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #4,381 of 11,286
I think this got buried a couple pages back but would the ATH A900x double amped with Fiio E11 and ZO2 slam pretty hard while keeping the wide soundstage?

EDIT: Before I buy the A900x's would the Fiio E11 - ZO double amp give the M50's a solid punch?

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #4,382 of 11,286
Quote:

Know what? For a while now I thought it was a little sub par. I'm a loud listener (90% volume on iPod Touch) and during quieter sections of songs on the subway I could hear the door bell ring, or the station announcements. I was also planning on using these for DJing, and I wans't sure if my mixer would pump enough juice into these to be loud enough to hear them over the monitors blaring next to me, or the bass bins I'm practicly standing on.
Well safe to say, I did a gig last night (first DJ gig ever) with these and I caught myself making the Obama "not bad" face when I put them on both ears and could still feel bass on the side of my head, while still being able to ignore the club, and being able to mix efficiently. 

Oh I can also highly recommend these for DJs. The bass impact is GREAT for queing the 'one' beat, and the forward highs helps line up the hi-hats rather nicely. 

so in close, some may find the isolation a little sub par, but I used them in A CLUB and it's safe to say they do a good job at isolating for me, and leak is minimal, so you're not disturbing the people next to you on the bus.

The thing is, you seem to be drowning out the outside noise with the volume from the headphones. I don't know how sensitive the M100s are but isn't 90% on your source too loud to use at home. Im starting to try to preserve my hearing for as long as I can. I prefer the comfort of over ear headphones, but if there isn't any well isolating, not bad looking headphone then I will have to resort to IEMs. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #4,383 of 11,286
Quote:
The thing is, you seem to be drowning out the outside noise with the volume from the headphones. I don't know how sensitive the M100s are but isn't 90% on your source too loud to use at home. Im starting to try to preserve my hearing for as long as I can. I prefer the comfort of over ear headphones, but if there isn't any well isolating, not bad looking headphone then I will have to resort to IEMs. 

If you're doing your listening from home then they should isolate more than well enough. For on the go though, had to put a volume lock on my iPod Touch at 90% with M-100s, if that helps, and I still touch it down a notch, but with my ZO in high gain it's way too loud for me at 60% on my ipod touch and lock it at 50%

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm gonna try my VIP Faders WITH my M-100 tomorrow.... just out of curiosity. Probably won't be comfortable though. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #4,384 of 11,286
Quote:
I think this got buried a couple pages back but would the ATH A900x double amped with Fiio E11 and ZO2 slam pretty hard while keeping the wide soundstage?

EDIT: Before I buy the A900x's would the Fiio E11 - ZO double amp give the M50's a solid punch?

ZO adds punch to every headphone, but M-100 will still provide a bigger slam with the same amping than either of these.

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #4,385 of 11,286
A great pair of bass heads with the ZO2 is the JVC HA-S500! They rattle my ears!!!

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #4,387 of 11,286
Sorry... The journey never ends... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #4,388 of 11,286
Quote:
m100 will arrive tomorrow. hope my journey ends than...

Nah, it'll never end. Trust me. My wallet totally laughs when I say "this is my last one". 
wink_face.gif

Anyway, I'm deciding between the Ultrasone DJ1 PRO and the Denon DJ DN-HP1000. Has anyone had experience with both cans? Care to share your thoughts? :)

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #4,389 of 11,286
I believe the DN-HP1000 is the same as the Pro700MKII Anv. Both have the same driver size and power ratings too. Here's some pictures comparing the two.

I also thought this was pretty funny. Can't post on here for various reasons. 

Edit: Maybe they use the regular Pro700 drivers. Can't really tell. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #4,390 of 11,286
Quote:

Nah, it'll never end. Trust me. My wallet totally laughs when I say "this is my last one". 
wink_face.gif

Anyway, I'm deciding between the Ultrasone DJ1 PRO and the Denon DJ DN-HP1000. Has anyone had experience with both cans? Care to share your thoughts? :)

Get the DJ1s. Better sounding cans. The HP1000 are not only heavy but the sound is not what you think. They aren't that great to be honest. Denon HP700 is a better sounding can. I would still go for the Ultrasones..

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #4,392 of 11,286
Quote:
Denon HP700 is a better sounding can. I would still go for the Ultrasones..

I have compared the HP700 to my 780's, the HP700's do have a good Bass but no where near the quantity that the 780's have.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #4,394 of 11,286
Tested out the TMA-1 AIAIAI again at best buytoday, along with the pioneer hdj 1500. Nothing  short of dissapointment. Although WAY overpriced, I was actually impressed with the Sony X10's. Probably the most boomy bass i've ever heard in my life, but not in a muddy way, the Klipsch Image One has a lot of bass but its too muddy. These Sony's actually sounded really good, especially for a supra-aural headphone. Also, I didn't too much like the Koss DJ200? I think they were called. But yeah definitely tell me how you feel about the X10's

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #4,395 of 11,286
Quote:
Tested out the TMA-1 AIAIAI again at best buytoday, along with the pioneer hdj 1500. Nothing  short of dissapointment. Although WAY overpriced, I was actually impressed with the Sony X10's. Probably the most boomy bass i've ever heard in my life, but not in a muddy way, the Klipsch Image One has a lot of bass but its too muddy. These Sony's actually sounded really good, especially for a supra-aural headphone. Also, I didn't too much like the Koss DJ200? I think they were called. But yeah definitely tell me how you feel about the X10's

XB800 have the same sound as X10 now for 130€ \ $150 (not sure about current US pricing) or so. :p X-10 has a different colorscheme and comes with a carrying pouch and removable cable and is endorsed by X-Factor / "Simon Cowell" but that's it, same drivers appearently and costs twice as much. Appearently these are the new king of quantity & "punch"-impact in bass, said to be even stronger in midbass (why they punch so hard) especially versus XB500 and similar subbass quantities. 

Soundstage is said to be very suprisingly great but the bass is too much unless you try to mod it or whatever if you're not an extreme basshead. Another good thing that Sony probably listened as far as older XB series criticism as these appear to isolate well from outside noise despite having those big bass vents down below, probably it's well isolated for the listener and and those vents are just opened for the driver (so it still probably leaks a bit but yea for me leakage isn't an issue but outside noise isolation is quite important for my home listening to shut off computer fans)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back