The Basshead Club
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #8,776 of 11,286
Jan 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #8,777 of 11,286
I understand the sound quality is more important but I hav to say I don't like how it looks lol

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #8,778 of 11,286
Mine too, part of me wishes I kept them... and part of my doesn't... I out grew them so to speak.

They where EPIC when I had them but... now I sit and stare at my [Wood back] D2k... thinking... this bass... need's to be tightened a little! xD not sure the XB 700 would last in my current aresenal! 

Man! Why don't you save some money and have someone OTHER than mark do the Lawton mod for you? Or DIY it! It's so easy many it just takes like.. An hour or so.

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #8,780 of 11,286
  Whats everyone think about the M-100's in comparison to the Q40's with alphas?

The consensus varies it seems, some thinks it's a slight upgrade, some thinks it's a sidegrade (about equally good but different), some think it's a downgrade.

I haven't tried M100 yet but I can't see it like an upgrade for me based on my sonical tastes (M100 having slight midrange recession) and the fit wouldn't either be ideal for my slightly larger than average ears. Q40 doesn't sound recessed in the mids at all to me, I'm using modded stockpads though but unmodded with the stock pads it's even slightly too forward in the mids in comparison to the highs giving a slightly too warm/smooth/thick tonality but giving the stockpads that very slight added depth and it sounds very evenly balanced in the mids & highs which I love about it, nothing is missing, the tonality is also perfect (realistic), vocals & instruments sound realistic, not too sparkly or smooth, it's right there where I want/expect it to be. 

In short, so far Q40 does the "^--" shape signature best of the headphones I've tested, I'd love to find even better alternatives but no matter the price the Q40 seems to be among the closest to basshead stuff with ^-- signature (boosted bass but neutral/even mids & highs).

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #8,781 of 11,286
I think I am getting the XB500 for some huge bass..any thoughts? considering its cheaper than the UE 6000 and XB700 and mainly using for dubsteps

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #8,782 of 11,286
  I think I am getting the XB500 for some huge bass..any thoughts? considering its cheaper than the UE 6000 and XB700 and mainly using for dubsteps

XB500 is like made for dubstep IMO. I'm no dubstep fan myself but I thought XB500 handled that genre best.

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #8,783 of 11,286
Haha. I have been reading your posts about the XB 500 and they are the reasons I am considering buying it

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #8,784 of 11,286
  Haha. I have been reading your posts about the XB 500 and they are the reasons I am considering buying it

Well the XB500 craze has faded over time for me, today after being used to the Q40 the XB500 sound pretty mediocre but with critical EQing of XB500 it still sounds very listenable, without EQ I don't like it all that much though, too muddy in the mids.

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #8,785 of 11,286
Ya Rpg, I'm stuck. It looks like I can get the m100s with the xl pads for $99 lol. Thats almost half of what the Q40s would cost me after alphas and a replacement cord. Although I think I may just get both lol well see what my GF has to say about it

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #8,786 of 11,286
  Ya Rpg, I'm stuck. It looks like I can get the m100s with the xl pads for $99 lol. Thats almost half of what the Q40s would cost me after alphas and a replacement cord. Although I think I may just get both lol well see what my GF has to say about it

I'd also get both in your case and decide for yourself. With such price for M100 it sounds like too good to skip, it's supereasy to just get it instantly sold for $99 or more (although if you are going to charge more for it than what you paid you have to do it outside head-fi as it's against the policies here to sell for profit) if you're not happy with it.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #8,789 of 11,286

As a owner of the M100, I'd say get them. No questions at $99. The worse that could happen is thatyou don't like them and you sell them for cost plus shipping, or even make a bit of cash off them. There's no risk in that.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #8,790 of 11,286

You've changed, man.

I know *sniff* *sniff* 

Man! Why don't you save some money and have someone OTHER than mark do the Lawton mod for you? Or DIY it! It's so easy many it just takes like.. An hour or so.

RE SALE VALUE. I give the D2k about a year before I wind up with a LCD XC or so... maybe more. But I don't have the time or paitance to Mod my headphones atm, I'm really loaded down with 2 jobs and a full schedule at school... 

Oh and I'm organzing a meet :D, I'm getting tired of missing them so I'm hosting one lol... that's going to eat a big chunk out of the next two months of my time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back