The Basshead Club
Oct 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #7,726 of 11,286
I got em for 745 :3

Not like thats a little.

But my wallet will pull through
biggrin.gif

That is a good price. It's a bit hefty, but nothing really gets in the way of aural nirvana. Enjoy! 
beyersmile.png

Are the sig djs really as good as people say they are? Maybe I can audition a pair in the future to see how much worse they are than my AD2000MKIV, and another pair of headphones that I'm going to start building within the next week or so
tongue.gif

Yeah, they are really hyped around here. I've tried/own a few Ultrasone cans, and from what I've personally heard, they do have a tendency to make good to great sounding cans.

I am a bit unwilling to try the Signature DJs at this point, though, as I'm afraid I'll actually fall in love with its sound. I don't want to have to stack another $1,000 purchase on my list of things to get. My poor wallet will really hurt. 
ph34r.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #7,730 of 11,286
Yes I could dill be happy with my discounted 80€ AKG K401. But then I needed new earpads and found HeadFi in the process.....

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #7,733 of 11,286
I used to have an xb500, a dt770 (Forgot the ohms), an ad700 and my ultrasone hfi 580's.

The 700$ ones were the djs. Lets just say if i never found headfi i would have stopped at the dt770's :wink:

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #7,735 of 11,286
I used to have an xb500, a dt770 (Forgot the ohms), an ad700 and my ultrasone hfi 580's.

The 700$ ones were the djs. Lets just say if i never found headfi i would have stopped at the dt770's
wink.gif

Head-Fi has this uncanny ability to make you want/need new cans.
biggrin.gif
 But still, it's a great hobby/passion. We're all in this together.

Ha, if I hadn't found head-fi, I would've bought beats 
biggrin.gif

I'm think I'm probably going to get a Beats Mixr soon. I'm just trying to cleanse the idea of getting a David Guetta inspired/designed piece of gear on my head.. but damn, that sound is awesome! :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #7,736 of 11,286

Head-Fi has this uncanny ability to make you want/need new cans.
biggrin.gif
 But still, it's a great hobby/passion. We're all in this together.

Going to pretend you didn't mention anything about Beats <3

and I agree. I dig the community here! Fun place to b 

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #7,737 of 11,286
  Going to pretend you didn't mention anything about Beats <3

and I agree. I dig the community here! Fun place to b 

We'll still be friends when I get one, right?

Right??? 
biggrin.gif

And yep, I love Head-Fi. They've taught me a lot about headphones and the art/science of the whole aural experience.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #7,738 of 11,286

We'll still be friends when I get one, right?

Right??? 
biggrin.gif

And yep, I love Head-Fi. They've taught me a lot about headphones and the art/science of the whole aural experience.

THAT DEPENDS. yea sure why not

for the record, I enjoyed the Beats Pro. The smaller 40mm ones. They where like a HD 25-1 ii knock off 

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #7,739 of 11,286
Mshenay, I believe you own both the DT 880 and the J$ pads. Correct? If so, how do you like that combination and where does it land on the basshead scale in your opinion?

Right now, I haven't yet decided on another headphone. Looked at the M100 and PRO900 after the recommendations and from what I've read I favour the PRO900. Possibly I just need to go to a meet or a store to audition them. Can anyone comment on how the PRO900 fares against the DT 990? Have had the 990's but preferred the 880's with J$ at the time.

I did experiment with help of this thread here 880<>990 mod. The garble I was talking about earlier seems less, now that I carefully took away the black felt. A little eq sauce as there's still quite too much boom with certain music but it does sound more balanced now.

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #7,740 of 11,286
  Mshenay, I believe you own both the DT 880 and the J$ pads. Correct? If so, how do you like that combination and where does it land on the basshead scale in your opinion?

Right now, I haven't yet decided on another headphone. Looked at the M100 and PRO900 after the recommendations and from what I've read I favour the PRO900. Possibly I just need to go to a meet or a store to audition them. Can anyone comment on how the PRO900 fares against the DT 990? Have had the 990's but preferred the 880's with J$ at the time.

I did experiment with help of this thread here 880<>990 mod. The garble I was talking about earlier seems less, now that I carefully took away the black felt. A little eq sauce as there's still quite too much boom with certain music but it does sound more balanced now.

I've not listened to the 880 with J$money pads yet, not sure I will unless I get a second pair. I do hate fiddleing with my HE 400s... "Pad ring" rather cumbersome device

that said I love the dt 880s bass! It's really just right for all my music. I like my EDM with an EQ and yes with stock pads, and the traditional EDM eq the 880 is very nice, yet I'm not sure I want to hear it with the J$monies, as well I don't need it to be bassy, thats what the HE 400 is for, and sadly the HE 400 is better for EDM than the DT 880 will ever b... due to that ortho driver and that linear Bass  

so I've no neeed for a bassy DT 880, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back