The Basshead Club
Oct 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #7,741 of 11,286

Some of the few cans that sound like the XB500 (HUGE BASS) are the Crossfade LP, XB900, HA-MR77X. There's nothing quite like the XB500, though - massive bass with excellent comfort.

Sounds a V-Moda LP also good with instrumental guitar music? (For example, Rock, Metal, Djent) and are the mids and highs better than in my XB500 ...after a good burn out from  +-  5500 hours?
tongue.gif
Mm ...V-Moda LP Drivers are 50mm, will my SG-S player 5.0 handle that? Because I have no need to lug around with all sorts of mini amplifiers...the EQ must do the job. Imo is the max for headphones 40 mm drivers for a full good sound on a Mp3 player, and cans with 40mm also run well on all that stuff what runs on a battery...or I see that wrong? maybe ohm play also a role.​
Maybe I must do some hearing test in a store next week  ...the Sony mdr xb600 (you never no  :p ) ... and I can immediately do after that test, plug in the Sony MDR-XB910 (50 mm drivers) on my SG-S mp3 player, “but what I have heard XB910 are crap without a amp”  ....anyway, thanks for your answer, and from the other guys here​
wink_face.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #7,748 of 11,286
  for the record, I enjoyed the Beats Pro. The smaller 40mm ones. They where like a HD 25-1 ii knock off 

You mean the Beats Mixr? Yeah, they are pretty good, just like the Beats Pro. They are definitely overpriced, but these are cans I would actually recommend from the Beats by Dre range.

Sounds a V-Moda LP also good with instrumental guitar music? (For example, Rock, Metal, Djent) and are the mids and highs better than in my XB500 ...after a good burn out from  +-  5500 hours?
tongue.gif
Mm ...V-Moda LP Drivers are 50mm, will my SG-S player 5.0 handle that? Because I have no need to lug around with all sorts of mini amplifiers...the EQ must do the job. Imo is the max for headphones 40 mm drivers for a full good sound on a Mp3 player, and cans with 40mm also run well on all that stuff what runs on a battery...or I see that wrong? maybe ohm play also a role.​
Maybe I must do some hearing test in a store next week  ...the Sony mdr xb600 (you never no  :p ) ... and I can immediately do after that test, plug in the Sony MDR-XB910 (50 mm drivers) on my SG-S mp3 player, “but what I have heard XB910 are crap without a amp”  ....anyway, thanks for your answer, and from the other guys here​
wink_face.gif

Your Galaxy S player should be able to handle the Crossfade LP without any issues. I can run them off an HTC One X+ with decent volume. This goes the same for my XB900 (which should be the same as an XB910, just with a non-removable cable).

The sound signature of the Crossfade LP is very similar to an XB500 - the bass overwhelms everything else; mids and highs take a huge, back seat to to the lows. It's dark and positively charged with bass. So if you like loads of it, and you don't mind the wall of bass effect, the Crossfade LP is right up your alley.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #7,749 of 11,286
LPs are even darker sounding than XB500, heck even the slightly brighter LP2 I tried was a bit darker sounding than XB500. At least on XB500 the mids and highs are on a somewhat similar level (the highs just tiny bit in avg more recessed in comparision to mids but around 8kHz it has a slight spike so it's not recessed there), the LPs have highs left behind even further.

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #7,750 of 11,286
I like Bar9, Skream, Monstercat, Steven Walking, Going Quantum, Ephixa, Fytch, MUST DIE!, Never Say Die Records, Eptic, Borgore, xKore, Tomba, Tut Tut Child, Koven. etc for old school dubstep.
Old school dubstep still exists - only some do it right.
I'm more into the likes of Seven Minutes Dead, Tristam, KOAN Sound, Kill The Noise, Zomboy... I have a 160gb and a 64gb iPods. I could list this all day.

If any of you people want, I'll list very indie but good dubstep that you've never heard of.

Do yourselves a favour and listen to Uppermost - Futur

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #7,751 of 11,286
I like Bar9, Skream, Monstercat, Steven Walking, Going Quantum, Ephixa, Fytch, MUST DIE!, Never Say Die Records, Eptic, Borgore, xKore, Tomba, Tut Tut Child, Koven. etc for old school dubstep.
I'm more into the likes of Seven Minutes Dead, Tristam, KOAN Sound, Kill The Noise, Zomboy... I have a 160gb and a 64gb iPods. I could list this all day.

If any of you people want, I'll list very indie but good dubstep that you've never heard of.

will do, Matt U is another... not indie but ot so main stream upcoming old skool flavor DUb Step Producer 

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #7,752 of 11,286

I love uppermost! His album from last June is probably my favorite album from last summer!

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #7,753 of 11,286
Hey guys, has anybody tried the Reloop RHP-30 yet? Coming from Reloop's RHP line, I'm sure it's going to a(nother) bass-heavy can, but I wonder how it sounds compared to the RHP-20 or 10.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #7,754 of 11,286
  Hey guys, has anybody tried the Reloop RHP-30 yet? Coming from Reloop's RHP line, I'm sure it's going to a(nother) bass-heavy can, but I wonder how it sounds compared to the RHP-20 or 10.

Could be good. Also gotta say it looks very comfy, it's like a bit flatter old Sony XB pads, same pads though just scaled down thickness. :p Those pads are so damn soft and creates really good seal as a result, probably the reason Reloop also used those.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #7,755 of 11,286

Could be good. Also gotta say it looks very comfy, it's like a bit flatter old Sony XB pads, same pads though just scaled down thickness. :p Those pads are so damn soft and creates really good seal as a result, probably the reason Reloop also used those.

I never actually looked at the pads in that way, but now that you've mentioned it, the side view of the RHP-30's pads really do look like a thinner version of those on the older XB models. Coupled with the thick headband, I'm sure this headphone's going to be very comfortable.

Btw, I just noticed that the RHP-30 comes with 3 different cables. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back