The Basshead Club
Sep 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #7,501 of 11,286
  Bought these today just for hearing protection. They are cheap as chips, so I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised by them. I'm electing that they be a member of the basshead club.

The Shure SE215.

Anyone else have thoughts on these?

Cheap as chips, really? For hearing protection only, just get a pair of V-Moda Faders for $20.

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #7,502 of 11,286

Bought these today just for hearing protection. They are cheap as chips, so I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised by them. I'm electing that they be a member of the basshead club.

The Shure SE215.

Anyone else have thoughts on these?

Cheap as chips, really? For hearing protection only, just get a pair of V-Moda Faders for $20.

Tbh, shure products seal and seal real good. It's hard to hear your surrounding once inserted and with music playing you can't hear what's around you. And the ergonomics of them are great that it is comfortable and have a snug fit.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #7,503 of 11,286
I am using Comply tips with them, which makes them fantastic for hearing protection. The idea is that whilst I am on a gig, I can always hear when I get a text or phone call.

Previously I was using Westone 3s (just because at one time they were some of the only IEMs I owned) but when my GF had a listen to the Westones the other week, she fell in love with them. I gave them to her, and bought these to replace them.

I have customs, but I personally don't like them for hearing protection. They have a great fit, so when I laugh and smile a lot they cause a little pain at times. Keep in mind that I have to wear these (sometimes) for up to 20-25 hours at a time.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #7,510 of 11,286
I can understand why people like iems for practical reasons, but I've never forked over the cash for a nice one because they don't seem durable enough. And earwax is gross. My nuforce ne-700 do pretty well for gym duty though. The bass is thick and heavy. But not exactly hifi.

Sep 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #7,511 of 11,286
I can understand why people like iems for practical reasons, but I've never forked over the cash for a nice one because they don't seem durable enough. And earwax is gross. My nuforce ne-700 do pretty well for gym duty though. The bass is thick and heavy. But not exactly hifi.

I feel like the size of iem's doesn't justify their prices (although there are cheap ones). I mean, i wouldn't pay more than $30 for an iem's. It just doesn't feel right paying $100+ on something that small xD I don't know, just the way i think. 

Plus, its much safer to with full sized cans because they're better for your long term hearing. 

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #7,514 of 11,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back