The Basshead Club
Mar 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #1,546 of 11,286

Quote:
I can't get over how small this ZO is and how much of a punch it packs. Pretty damn cool. It makes my Triple-Fi 10 amazing. Giving it a more rumbling bass that I thought was lacking. However, using high gain mode with my Atrio is bit too much, so I'm messing around looking for a good medium.

some dual amp

You could do:
Low gain + E6 + ZO2 + MG7's

Did that with my gone-E5, and the bass literally was vibrating my D2K's off my face lol :D

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #1,547 of 11,286

HEY HF guys! I recently broke my lovely and perfect (to me,,) IEM, SUPER FI 5EB~ So I kinda looking for the UPGRADE IEM 

from 5EB~ I've read all about threads about 5eb so that i can find the solution, BUT nothing couldn't help me at all!!

I want the exact bass sound of 5eb, and you don't worry about my budget stuff.. IF you guys recommend a custom IEM like

JH 16pro, I will buy it...I've heard TRIPLE FI 10 once before, I like it except the bass. IF there is IEM like

(TF10+bass sound like 5EB), That would be mine. 

HERE's my list of 'COULD BUY' 

1. JH 16pro

2. ATRIO MG7 pro

3. UE 18 pro

HOPE you guys help me for finding the IEM of ' UPGRADE VERSION of 5EB'

THX for READING.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #1,550 of 11,286
Hey guys

So originally I was set on buying the PRO700Mk2s but some said that these headphones are not very fast and dont sound good for fast paced trance. They recommended the HFI-580/DJ1s over them. The Ultrasones seem to have better quality but less bass?
Im really confused now and would appreciate if someone could help me decide which would suit me better.
I listen to trance and dubstep w/ vocals, DnB and occaisonal rap.

I plan on getting either the ZO2 for the PRO700Mk2s or the E11 for the Ultrasones(Unless the ZO2 is recommended for these as well)

Thanks in advance

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #1,552 of 11,286
I tried the XB500s, of all places Staples had a kiosk for Beats/Skullcandy/Sony.

I just have to say Riiiiidiiicuuuloouuusssss......wow, i can't imagine what it must be like with the ZO and whatever else RPGWizard and the like do for even more bass!?!? My KSC75 were much better in clarity, overall sound, but not bass of course, but that was just insane. What about the 700 and 1000? Are they more controlled or just bigger fart canons?
L3000.gif
Comfy pads though!

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #1,553 of 11,286
According to other posts on the forums, I believe the XB500 is bassier than the XB1000's. 

Quote:
I tried the XB500s, of all places Staples had a kiosk for Beats/Skullcandy/Sony.

I just have to say Riiiiidiiicuuuloouuusssss......wow, i can't imagine what it must be like with the ZO and whatever else RPGWizard and the like do for even more bass!?!? My KSC75 were much better in clarity, overall sound, but not bass of course, but that was just insane. What about the 700 and 1000? Are they more controlled or just bigger fart canons?
L3000.gif
Comfy pads though!

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #1,554 of 11,286

Quote:

L3000.gif
Comfy pads though!

Quote:
According to other posts on the forums, I believe the XB500 is bassier than the XB1000's. 

ZO2 + any bassy headphones = crazy shaking!

MID-Bass wise:
XB500 > XB700

Anything else, XB700 > XB500
The 500's will and do have a better punch, with the ZO2...haha its fun.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #1,555 of 11,286
My ZO2 has finally been shipped and this last page of posts just made me even more anxious.  I'm enjoying my E11 right now but can't wait to pair up my XB500 with the ZO2....

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #1,556 of 11,286
Enjoy it man. I had one of the first of the 3rd revision ZO2's and got it burned in as quickly as possible and have been enjoying it like crazy. The size was so perfect that I got myself a Sansa Clip Zip so I could have a nice little portable rig. Before I got the Clip Zip however, I had only used the LOD connector from my iPod and their is definitely something to be said about the different nuances of the sound between the different setups you can use the ZO2 with whether you are using LO or HO. Remember to make sure your source's equalizer is set to flat or Off though. Owning the ZO2 has made me reluctant to think about buying any other portable headphone amp until I have the money to get something a bit more higher end, definitely one of the best purchases I made since joining Head-Fi....well, besides my D2K's, but those were a bit more expensive and don't get as much use as the ZO2 as I am mainly a mobile listener.

EDIT: I was wondering what people think of this dreamt up portable rig I was thinking of getting. Being a basshead, I wanna know if anyone has a similar setup and how it performs.
I am getting Aurisonics AS-1b's, then I wanna take my 5.5G iPod and get a 128 GB SSD, then have it iMod'd and get the Headstage Arrow 4G to pair it with. 
Quote:
My ZO2 has finally been shipped and this last page of posts just made me even more anxious.  I'm enjoying my E11 right now but can't wait to pair up my XB500 with the ZO2....

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #1,557 of 11,286
XB series in a nutshell:

Higher the number the lower it goes but the less kick it has. The 1000 also improves on clarity quite a bit.

It's like comparing most subwoofer sizes.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #1,558 of 11,286

Quote:
XB series in a nutshell:
Higher the number the lower it goes but the less kick it has. The 1000 also improves on clarity quite a bit.
It's like comparing most subwoofer sizes.

indeed - agreed.
The bigger the driver, the reduced punch.

I haven't tried the 1K's so couldn't comment, but can imagine how they sound.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #1,559 of 11,286
They're pretty much the closest to a subwoofer you'll get with this hobby. To that BOOMBOOM car sound.

Quote:
indeed - agreed.
The bigger the driver, the reduced punch.

I haven't tried the 1K's so couldn't comment, but can imagine how they sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back