The Basshead Club
Mar 13, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #1,516 of 11,286

Quote:
hay guys i am sorta stuck trying to get new bass heavy iems pls help

i preffer a very strong sub bass, i dont really like a mid bass hump

my listing prefrence is usally D&B , DUB and trance/house mostly

anyone can help me out?

hay guys need some more help i just sold my old pair of xb500 becuse there was too much mid bass any recoomendations for sub bass
i was looking at the xb 700s i felt they were of a better match to my sound signture BTW these are headphones

i would like some good detail headphones a grate mids and high would be amazing but i dont think there are headphone like that

THX head fi

ps i am alredy planning to get the futer sonic mg7 as my iem

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,517 of 11,286
Mar 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #1,518 of 11,286
Mar 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,519 of 11,286
So, I've decided that I'll try a pair of V-Moda LP's. They seem to be small and comfortable enough. 
Is there any difference between LP, LP2 and M80? 

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #1,520 of 11,286
LP and LP2 are the same product line, the second is just an upgraded/refined version, both are very bassy. The M80 is a more balanced on ear headphone, still bassy though. Not sure if you want on-ear or over-ear though.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #1,521 of 11,286

Quote:
LP and LP2 are the same product line, the second is just an upgraded/refined version, both are very bassy. The M80 is a more balanced on ear headphone, still bassy though. Not sure if you want on-ear or over-ear though.

I want Over-Ear so that it doesn't hurt the ears after a while. So the LP2's are a tad better than the LP's? I thought it was cool that the LP's were customizable for the same amount of money. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #1,524 of 11,286
Well personally I'm not a fan of the LP2 but I haven't tried LP1 either, I like the build quality but in the end it's sound quality what I want to pay for where LP2 didn't fair well at all to me. Since I only use headphones at home I wouldn't mind if headphones were some pink colored hello kitty headphones as long as the sound would be good. :wink:

My issues: 

- Highs way too recessed (EQd up 8kHz by 3.5dB an 16kHz by 5.5dB)
- Mids too unbalanced => peaky 1kHz and 4kHz area that makes especially female vocals sound a bit off
- Bass somewhat overhelming the mids and not the most textured kind
- Soundstage fairly average, the semi-closed design doesn't seem to help much on this headphone
- Pads not completely over-the-ear, too narrow inner-circumference

Soundwise to me they are worth aprox ~$75 without EQing, up to maybe $125 or so with optimal EQ settings. I thought for example the $35 Panasonic HTF600 to sound better, aprox 90~$100 worth sound quality without EQ and maybe $135 with EQing (still has tiny bit better soundstage than the LP2s). So while they are bass monsters, I would only get them if you just want to hear strong bass and like the design, otherwise go M80, you won't be missing the bigger bass response...

Worst thing is that I can't seem to get these buggers sold here in Finland and shipping costs is too high to send them abroad why I don't put up a FS here on this forums.

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #1,525 of 11,286

Quote:
Well personally I'm not a fan of the LP2 but I haven't tried LP1 either, I like the build quality but in the end it's sound quality what I want to pay for where LP2 didn't fair well at all to me. Since I only use headphones at home I wouldn't mind if headphones were some pink colored hello kitty headphones as long as the sound would be good. :wink:

My issues: 

- Highs way too recessed (EQd up 8kHz by 3.5dB an 16kHz by 5.5dB)
- Mids too unbalanced => peaky 1kHz and 4kHz area that makes especially female vocals sound a bit off
- Bass somewhat overhelming the mids and not the most textured kind
- Soundstage fairly average, the semi-closed design doesn't seem to help much on this headphone
- Pads not completely over-the-ear, too narrow inner-circumference

Soundwise to me they are worth aprox ~$75 without EQing, up to maybe $125 or so with optimal EQ settings. I thought for example the $35 Panasonic HTF600 to sound better, aprox 90~$100 worth sound quality without EQ and maybe $135 with EQing (still has tiny bit better soundstage than the LP2s). So while they are bass monsters, I would only get them if you just want to hear strong bass and like the design, otherwise go M80, you won't be missing the bigger bass response...

Worst thing is that I can't seem to get these buggers sold here in Finland and shipping costs is too high to send them abroad why I don't put up a FS here on this forums.

I live in Sweden, maybe I could buy them? But what do u mean semi-closed? Aren't they around the whole ear?

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #1,526 of 11,286

Quote:
I live in Sweden, maybe I could buy them? But what do u mean semi-closed? Aren't they around the whole ear?

Semi closed as in having 3 small V-shape sized openings at the back of the cup with an acoustic foam covering the holes to reduce leakage/improve isolation (using a vented design usually leads to improved bass response + soundstage). For my ears which is slightly bigger than average they don't quite fit fully inside but like 90% of it at least but the pads themselves are extremely soft as it's memory foam. 

Mabe I could check what the shipping costs would be like to Sweden and get back to you in PM. Jag är annars Finlandssvensk. :p

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,527 of 11,286

Quote:
Semi closed as in having 3 small V-shape sized openings at the back of the cup with an acoustic foam covering the holes to reduce leakage/improve isolation (using a vented design usually leads to improved bass response + soundstage). For my ears which is slightly bigger than average they don't quite fit fully inside but like 90% of it at least but the pads themselves are extremely soft as it's memory foam. 

Mabe I could check what the shipping costs would be like to Sweden and get back to you in PM. Jag är annars Finlandssvensk. :p

Nice, gör det du. :) 
De måste dock vara runt hela mina öron för att jag ska vilja ha dem alls. Får kolla upp det på något sätt, annars köper jag hellre M80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back