The Basshead Club
Mar 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #1,564 of 11,286

Quote:
Enjoy it man. I had one of the first of the 3rd revision ZO2's and got it burned in as quickly as possible and have been enjoying it like crazy. The size was so perfect that I got myself a Sansa Clip Zip so I could have a nice little portable rig. Before I got the Clip Zip however, I had only used the LOD connector from my iPod and their is definitely something to be said about the different nuances of the sound between the different setups you can use the ZO2 with whether you are using LO or HO. Remember to make sure your source's equalizer is set to flat or Off though. Owning the ZO2 has made me reluctant to think about buying any other portable headphone amp until I have the money to get something a bit more higher end, definitely one of the best purchases I made since joining Head-Fi....well, besides my D2K's, but those were a bit more expensive and don't get as much use as the ZO2 as I am mainly a mobile listener.

EDIT: I was wondering what people think of this dreamt up portable rig I was thinking of getting. Being a basshead, I wanna know if anyone has a similar setup and how it performs.
I am getting Aurisonics AS-1b's, then I wanna take my 5.5G iPod and get a 128 GB SSD, then have it iMod'd and get the Headstage Arrow 4G to pair it with. 

What headphones do you use most with your ZO2?

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #1,565 of 11,286

Quote:
Here you want some real thick fat med bass go for the Heirs Audio 8. True that I might re demo that big fat Sony can you mentioned.

LOL

Quote:

I knwo u weren't asking me...but in fact for me...as I use IEMs more - my MG7's :)

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #1,568 of 11,286

Quote:

LOL
I knwo u weren't asking me...but in fact for me...as I use IEMs more - my MG7's :)

it's all good...I'm not really into IEM's.  I'm sure I'll have tons of fun with my xb500's and Crossfade LP.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #1,569 of 11,286

Quote:
HAHa MG7 are fun if you ever win the jack pot you got to try the MG6Pros. See my avatar pic will the Sony xb1000 sound like 2 real woofers?

Indeed, if i do.

Quote:
Closest you're.going to get me thinks.

well i find, smaller the driver, the more "woofer" it sounds.

Thus why IEM's, bassy one, like the TFTA 1XB beat the Xb's, be it the 500's or 700's.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #1,570 of 11,286
Larger woofers go deeper but usually don't have as much kick as a smaller one.

So yeah...small drivers give more of a woofer sound I suppose. I just assumed subwoofer is what he meant in here. It is a Basshead club after all.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,571 of 11,286
ah understood.
Well...i dunno - not much of a sound system man., although I wish i had the money for some.

I have the Z-5500 and that 10" bass, almost as big as my....water bottle, gives out pounding but an amazing sub-bass too!
Earphones and headphones, I find are a little different in that respect.
The bigger the driver, usually, the wider the sound, and thus the lesser impact of bass.
That said sub bass would be better in some respect in certain headphones/earphones that have bigger drivers, but not all.

EDIT:
Pounding and "water bottle" shouldn't be used in the same sentence...LOL

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #1,572 of 11,286
I use my Denon D2000's when at home, or my NuForce NE-700X's when mobile. I've been known to apparently randomly start dancing, but that's before people realize I have earbuds in. The ZO2 is just like a party in my head.

Quote:

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #1,575 of 11,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back