The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Nov 14, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #1,156 of 1,853
I really need a pair of cans with the following:
 - Superb isolation/cancellation (maybe?)
 - Strong, deep, chest thumping bass (criticize away)
 - No more than $300-400

Of course I care about the clarity of mids, highs, etc. but I really need the bass to help me when I work (loud gyms, obnoxious grunting and slamming of iron, and loud music like a club - need concentration - isolation; and motivation - bass + bass + bass).

I have tried boat loads of phones.  The best were the VModas M100, IF, and ONLY IF, they had more bass (it was there but at high volumes and I prefer to keep my hearing) and much much much better isolation (it blocked out nothing).

Please if you can help - I am stressing because this is my livelihood - ANY HELP PLEASE! THANKS!!!!

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #1,157 of 1,853
  I really need a pair of cans with the following:
 - Superb isolation/cancellation (maybe?)
 - Strong, deep, chest thumping bass (criticize away)
 - No more than $300-400

Of course I care about the clarity of mids, highs, etc. but I really need the bass to help me when I work (loud gyms, obnoxious grunting and slamming of iron, and loud music like a club - need concentration - isolation; and motivation - bass + bass + bass).

I have tried boat loads of phones.  The best were the VModas M100, IF, and ONLY IF, they had more bass (it was there but at high volumes and I prefer to keep my hearing) and much much much better isolation (it blocked out nothing).

Please if you can help - I am stressing because this is my livelihood - ANY HELP PLEASE! THANKS!!!!

Since you need isolation, you're gonna need IEMs to give the isolation you need. Also, they're good for workouts. Try the Brainwavz S5. Basshead stuff. Energetic, lively, and fun as hell, on or off the track. It gives that in the club feeling too -- although it's not uber bassy.

Oh yeah, and the S5 is, like, only $100.

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,158 of 1,853
Would you compare the S5 to the Shure 215s?  I've heard mixed reviews on both - some say overwhelming bass others say not bassy enough.  Jeez - why is there no standard for determining what is a lot of bass and what isn't?!

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #1,159 of 1,853
Guys & Gals, I know I'm new here...but I think I found our "theme song". 

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Bass-Subwoofer-Test/dp/B00K1W2PJQ

Here's the whole track on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLSG98kRrZU

I love when you can clamp your headphones on a cup of water and see the ripples from the bass in the liquid. 
basshead.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,160 of 1,853
Speaking of audiophile BASSHEAD headphones.........these thump like nothing I've yet tried!

On the left is my new addition - the JVC HP-DX1000 (pictured next to my MD-7000.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,162 of 1,853
Was browsing the For Sale boards here and saw them........its a pretty rare headphone for the most part as they don't get much love on Head Fi. They should.

Problem is the new price is near $1000 so there is the first issue. I paid far less. And they aren't sold in the US directly on Amazon tho you can order them there from Japan.

Reminiscent of the earlier years with large, real wood cups (Mshenay, are you reading?) and thick, comfy pads that allow for hours of listening. The cups are easily double the depth of my Denon D7000's.

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #1,164 of 1,853
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is there any sub-$150 IEM that has a similar signature to LCD-2 ?  I think there was one IEM mentioned before but it was a bit pricy maybe.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #1,165 of 1,853
Hey guys i'm new to this thread & I just wanted to ask what headphones you would recommend for mainly Rap,R&B,EDM and some rock? would the HE-400 be good for these genre?

I recently got the SZ2000 and then found out that I am not as an extreme basshead as I thought I was haha
I was really hoping that they would be my end game in my headphone search but besides the bass there was something missing with them  

The M100s are good but they can sometimes sound muddy when listening at high volumes on certain songs

For those that have heard the HE-400 do they play well with EQ? as i'll be hoping they pair well with the Digizoid FS if I end up grabbing a pair

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #1,166 of 1,853
  Hey guys i'm new to this thread & I just wanted to ask what headphones you would recommend for mainly Rap,R&B,EDM and some rock? would the HE-400 be good for these genre?

I recently got the SZ2000 and then found out that I am not as an extreme basshead as I thought I was haha
I was really hoping that they would be my end game in my headphone search but besides the bass there was something missing with them  

The M100s are good but they can sometimes sound muddy when listening at high volumes on certain songs

For those that have heard the HE-400 do they play well with EQ? as i'll be hoping they pair well with the Digizoid FS if I end up grabbing a pair

Yes, 400's play well with EQ (search 400 thread images for parametric EQ settings), pad rolling and Jerg mods (grill etc)....all searchable on the main 400 thread... If your main genre is electronic music, you won't hear the down side of them so much after doing those mods. Great bargains on them right now from HFM and other sellers in US $$$.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,168 of 1,853

GET OUT! this is a BASSHEAD THREAD. TO MUCH BASS LOL

jkjk its whatever you prefer lol.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,169 of 1,853
The SZ2000 were definately bass cannons but it wasn't because they had too much bass that I disliked them. It was because the sub bass was all it had and everything else was so lacking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back