The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Nov 6, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #1,127 of 1,853

That reminds me of...

Darth Beyer Deep Cup. :wink:

I still wanna hear a Darth beyer, I'm curious how it stacks up to my LA D5k x Alpha Pad 

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,128 of 1,853
I still wanna hear a Darth beyer, I'm curious how it stacks up to my LA D5k x Alpha Pad 

It doesn't. It's a shame as they look awfully nice but the one I had was a boomy mess and sold it after a month.

They should have done the Darth thing to a Denon.........now THAT would be badass.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,129 of 1,853
It doesn't. It's a shame as they look awfully nice but the one I had was a boomy mess and sold it after a month.

They should have done the Darth thing to a Denon.........now THAT would be badass.

Oh gawd, If my LA D5k had a black stain I think it'd fit the bill <3 

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #1,131 of 1,853
Well it wouldn't be too hard!

gettin close but you need some wood cups! A little extra grain to really darken it up 

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #1,135 of 1,853
No love for the ZMF X Vibro here?

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmf-x-vibro

Bass: all ports open. Strong, but not the cleanest (at least comparing to the Merlins and LCD-2) - hit low and hard.

Mids: here the magic happens. The Vibros are a bit similar to the Shure E500, which I used to own a few years ago - very lively and engaging mids.

Highs: I was expecting them to be more recessed, but they're pretty extended and lively (although I have additional dampening material).

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #1,136 of 1,853
No love for the ZMF X Vibro here?

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmf-x-vibro

Bass: all ports open. Strong, but not the cleanest (at least comparing to the Merlins and LCD-2) - hit low and hard.

Mids: here the magic happens. The Vibros are a bit similar to the Shure E500, which I used to own a few years ago - very lively and engaging mids.

Highs: I was expecting them to be more recessed, but they're pretty extended and lively (although I have additional dampening material).

For their price, no... they are Ok, good bass but to me they were missing that 'something' I look for in basshead cans and that something as cheap as the N-Pulse's can provide...

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #1,137 of 1,853
For their price, no... they are Ok, good bass but to me they were missing that 'something' I look for in basshead cans and that something as cheap as the N-Pulse's can provide...

I see you still have the Enigma up for sale. I've been looking at it for months now.. How does it do in the bass department?

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,138 of 1,853
I see you still have the Enigma up for sale. I've been looking at it for months now.. How does it do in the bass department?

Good slam, less bass quantity than the Vibro. For full impressions, check your PM. :wink:

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #1,140 of 1,853

They definitely have the X-factor - the mids. Yeah, their bass is maybe not the strongest part, but since we are not on the extreme basshead thread... :wink:
To me they are a sweet spot of having everything done right, without going into open cans (LCD-2). Definitely better to my ears than everything I have checked lately (Denon D600 & D7100, DT700, Shure SRH1540, Sennheiser HD8, Ultrasones Pro/DJ and more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back