The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Apr 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #62 of 1,853
If only the SZ2000 was a little clearer in the mids with a bit more separation and more extended in the highs I would have kept them. They are not good at all for EDM. It's a different type of bass slam you're after if you think these would be good for electronica, but if your music is mostly hip hop, these are your cans.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #64 of 1,853
Ah I don't mind about the cost, keen to hear the cans, and thought you might get a kick out of loaning the LCD2.

Will have to be in a few weeks. Maybe I'll review the JVC cans? Worth it?

Definitely worth it. They are a lot more cleaner and balanced than they were before a proper burn-in so you can get a more

long term view of living withthese cans.

Apr 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #65 of 1,853
More to add:

Monster N-Pulse
Ultrasone Edition 8 seem to be good candidates as well from what I've read... (have never personally tried them though... I think Oregonian did?)

I also think it would be cool to actually add a "spoiler" in the first post with a couple of tracks to test your basshead cans. Hawaii had posted this on the JVC thread which I think it's helpful for mid-bass impact and sub-bass presence:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-appreciation-thread/780#post_10472664

Thanks White Lotus for restarting the club or lounge... 
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #66 of 1,853
Yeah Hawaii posted a lot of crap and probably trolled us a whole lot more, gelocks. Thankfully a handful of his posts weren't totally moronic. Oh well, he's gone - no use in flinging poo that direction.

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #67 of 1,853
Guys, does anyone have a Foobar2k EQ setting that boosts sub bass frequencies without drowning the other parts of the spectrum? Im trying to find the perfect balance for subbass/mids here on the s500 but im not that good with EQ's. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #69 of 1,853
More to add:

Monster N-Pulse
Ultrasone Edition 8 seem to be good candidates as well from what I've read... (have never personally tried them though... I think Oregonian did?)

I also think it would be cool to actually add a "spoiler" in the first post with a couple of tracks to test your basshead cans. Hawaii had posted this on the JVC thread which I think it's helpful for mid-bass impact and sub-bass presence:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-appreciation-thread/780#post_10472664

Thanks White Lotus for restarting the club or lounge... :wink:

The Edition 8 is not a basshead can, but is a good portable that has decent bass when amped well. I double amped it with the E-11 and ZO and it sounded good but not thump city.

About the idea for tracks to test - GREAT idea, BUT let's contribute based on genre. So that the various guys who prefer other types of music to rap or hip hop I propose we add various genres to cover a wide range. I have no interest in hip hop of any kind but for my music preferences (Smooth Jazz) I would gladly give a few good choices for other old folks like me to try.

:Smooth Jazz actually has a lot of very strong bass lines that would surprise ya. Let me know if and when and I'll be happy to contribute a few.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #70 of 1,853
More to add

Denon D600 headphone

Arrow 3G - best portable I've yet tried

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #71 of 1,853
The Edition 8 is not a basshead can, but is a good portable that has decent bass when amped well. I double amped it with the E-11 and ZO and it sounded good but not thump city.

About the idea for tracks to test - GREAT idea, BUT let's contribute based on genre. So that the various guys who prefer other types of music to rap or hip hop I propose we add various genres to cover a wide range. I have no interest in hip hop of any kind but for my music preferences (Smooth Jazz) I would gladly give a few good choices for other old folks like me to try.

:Smooth Jazz actually has a lot of very strong bass lines that would surprise ya. Let me know if and when and I'll be happy to contribute a few.

Thanks for clarifying the edition 8s performance.

And yes, I'm up for bass test track recommendations on any genre! :wink: Shoot yours when you can. I'm testing the LCD-XCs today! Those should help.

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #72 of 1,853
I feel we will get a million opinions on what songs we should use for the genres of music
:/

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #73 of 1,853
Guys, does anyone have a Foobar2k EQ setting that boosts sub bass frequencies without drowning the other parts of the spectrum? Im trying to find the perfect balance for subbass/mids here on the s500 but im not that good with EQ's. 

@Xnor made a great EQ for foobar. But try the standard one, use subtractive EQ instead of additive EQ.

I'm on mobile, will add the cans to the list when back on my computer.

Should we maybe add in "test music" in different spoiler tags to the OP? One spoiler tag for each (rough) genre? What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back