The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Apr 26, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #46 of 1,853
Just realised the other thread was closed

Took me a bit too...

About the szs i have been wanting to try em out for quite a while haha.

Unfortunatly i know i cant justify buying them... I need alot of fidelity in all areas. But i REALLY wanna hear this bass people are raving about :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #47 of 1,853
Are the perfect sound didos on the list?

They have some hard slamming bass... From what ive heard the most out of the high end basshead cans. The clarity and detail isnt up to par but that bass makes up for a mile.

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #48 of 1,853
Can be added to the list, this IEM have deep, controled and detailed bass, they will rock you
wink.gif

InEar
StageDiver SD-3

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #49 of 1,853
We are forgetting the granddaddy of bass: Sony Mega-Bass.

I have had Sony cassette players with 2 levels of Mega-Bass adjustment and individual volume/freq adjustment IN A BLOODY CASSETTE PLAYER!!

Also add the JVC FXZ200/100 to this list.

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #51 of 1,853
  Just added SZ2000 to the list - thanks for the review, mate!

Great photos as usual.

I'm super keen to try some of those out, unfortunately in my area they are either really hard to find, or cost around $600.

I have a pair you can try. Amazon has them for $250 if I'm correct.

They need burn-in and lots of it. My pair seems to have much more clarity in mids and highs as out of the box, they sound veiled and dull.

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #53 of 1,853

I have a pair you can try. Amazon has them for $250 if I'm correct.

They need burn-in and lots of it. My pair seems to have much more clarity in mids and highs as out of the box, they sound veiled and dull.

Much appreciated mate, I might actually take you up on that.

Interested in maybe doing a temporary trade/loan? 

Maybe I can throw the LCD 2.2 your way for a week or two as payment..
beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #55 of 1,853

Much appreciated mate, I might actually take you up on that.

Interested in maybe doing a temporary trade/loan? 

Maybe I can throw the LCD 2.2 your way for a week or two as payment..
beerchug.gif

We have a deal good sir.

Although the LCD2 cost 3 times more than the SZ2000 so lower your expectations.

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #56 of 1,853
SZ2000 do look curious but Australian retailers are trying to rip us off again
biggrin.gif

ps wow these weigh nearly as much as lcd2?

If there is interest in buying them, I can buy them from Amazon and have it delivered to my US address and onwards to Australia.

Should work out to $300 AUD all up.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #58 of 1,853
Took me a bit too...

About the szs i have been wanting to try em out for quite a while haha.

Unfortunatly i know i cant justify buying them... I need alot of fidelity in all areas. But i REALLY wanna hear this bass people are raving about :frowning2:

Yes the sub bass impact is excellent but that's about where it ends. It is quite woeful in the other frequencies

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #60 of 1,853
Where do I begin? The mid-bass eats into the mids. There is a lack of detail in the mids and highs, they sound like a blur. My $58 can has better clarity and detail in the mids and treble than the SZ2000. The highs of the SZ200 are also quite rolled off. That's all the bad stuff. They do sound really good with sub-bass hip hop music, and the sub-bass slam is like nothing else. It makes my TH600 sound like a treble head can going from the SZ2000 to the TH600, like I've said before, its like strapping 18inch subs to your head with a sprinkle of mids and treble thrown in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back