the Audiologists impressions thread (pun most definitely intended ;) )
Oct 26, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #32 of 296
Any recommendations in the Phoenix / Scottsdale AZ area ? I plan on ordering the JH13 in the near future and want the best impressions I can get.

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #33 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detrex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, is it a walk in and get your ear impressions thing or is there a number I need to call to schedule an appointment?

Your supposed to call her and make an appointment. Once you do that she basically will let you come in whenever (with an appointment).

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #34 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your supposed to call her and make an appointment. Once you do that she basically will let you come in whenever (with an appointment).

He was talking about Scientific (not Beth), which is run by two dudes AFAIK (since I got my impressions done there as well). They are walk-in and do not take appointments for impressions.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #35 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detrex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone familiar with an audiologist in New York? Manhattan in particular.

I recommend Dr. Andrew Resnick (58th St. & Lexington Andrew Resnick Audiologist Hearing Aids New York City). He's a nice guy who owns a pair of customs himself, and he gave me a very reasonable price for silicone translucent brown UM-56 tips. He was also patient during my several refits (I don't think my fit problems had much to do with the quality of his impressions).

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #41 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDLeprechaun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to Scientific Hearing Aid Center at 243 West 30th Street. It is very close to Penn Station.

I was charged $50 for the impressions and they were good enough that I did not need a refit for my JH 13.

"Good enough"? Does the seal break when you smile or move your face in a weird position?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for a good place in NJ myself. One placed I called and of course I got, "what are those?".

And I am looking for a place myself, I found a place in Clifton called "Audiology and hearing" and they said its $30/ear or $60. You can call them at 973-777-5335. I have no idea how the quality would be though as I found them through google maps

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #43 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Good enough"? Does the seal break when you smile or move your face in a weird position?

I went to the same dudes and my earpieces are perfect. The seal doesn't break when smiling or even eating.

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #44 of 296
Hi guys,

For those of you in London, I got mine done by a guy called Ritesh Patel (E-mail) at:

London Hearing (London Hearing)
77 Harley Street
London
W1G 8QN

Normal charge is £39 (!), but I had the UE printout (instructions for audiologists) and he said he did UE impressions for £25, so that's what I paid!

Impressions are very clean, although he used foam stops as I was in-between cotton stop sizes; he assured me this would not cause a problem when making the moulds. He suggests using olive oil / commercial wax remover for a few days prior to your visit, to ensure you get the best impressions.

Can definitely recommend him.

Here are mine:

4075878678_3b0ff858c9.jpg

Hope this helps!

Nov 29, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #45 of 296
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramadugu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Folks,
Is there anyone in Iowa City, Iowa? At least in Des Moines, IA?
Thanks!

We have a number of clinics in Iowa City/Coralville. I don't know if one is preferred over another though.

Audiology - Google Maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back