The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Jul 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #541 of 1,529
Just ordered mine, lets hope they don't send me a box of rocks or paper 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #542 of 1,529
I hope you enjoy it. Where did you find?

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #544 of 1,529
Wow, you mean they are almost gone......glad i got when the getting was good.  I was afraid i wouldn't get one and that was  a little over a year back.  Was wondering how long they would still be around, esp with the accolades they have received.

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #545 of 1,529
They are becoming rare now...and really worth as collector items. Lucky us being the owner of this beauty. I saw in the ebay they hit like USD1500 selling price.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #552 of 1,529
Babies here!! yay...!
atsmile.gif
Gonna post some pictures later!!!

First quick impressions:

- Very clean or "pure" sound coming from denons :)
  - There's a lot of micro details that I haven't heard before on me favorite tracks
  - Very lush midrange, love the piano!
  - Bass quality is good and quanity is almost perfect for me, I kinda got tired to Denon's *BOOM BOOM BOOOOM* bass (don't get me wrong tho, I love the D7000 over many other "better      headphones"! :D). 
  . Soundstage little better than on Denon's and this phone actually separates instruments! (unlike Denon's)
  - No sibilance at all 
  - Litte problems with the fit at beginning but I managed to get it fit without bending anything ^_^

Can post more thoughts about W3000 vs D7000 later if you want to hear.

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #554 of 1,529
Quote:
Babies here!! yay...!
atsmile.gif

First quick impressions:

- There's a lot of micro details that I haven't heard before on me favorite tracks
  - Bass quality is good and quanity is almost perfect for me, I kinda got tired to Denon's *BOOM BOOM BOOOOM* bass (don't get me wrong tho, I love the D7000 over many other "better      headphones"! :D). 
  . Soundstage little better than on Denon's and this phone actually separates instruments! (unlike Denon's)
  - No sibilance at all 
  - Litte problems with the fit at beginning but I managed to get it fit without bending anything ^_^

I don't think it is necessary to bend the W3000ANV like you had to for the W5000. Just get one of those girl headbands to wrap around the wings or get a rubber band.

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #555 of 1,529
Quote:
Babies here!! yay...!
atsmile.gif

First quick impressions:

- No sibilance at all 

Congrats Kmikko91 for your new lovely toy ! Glad seeing you like it.
The midrange is very special to me, very intimate sounding and lush. About the fitting...i think that type of headband is more suitable for people who has a bigger head shape. With smaller head shape, the seal may not be perfect for some. My head size i consider above the medium size...at fist i felt like the pad at above my ears area still loose some grip, but after a couple of days and i did a little bending, now the fit is perfect. After 15 minutes listening, i fell like they gone from my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back