The Audio Lounge
Jul 8, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #27,316 of 36,392
Now that I have a CA IEM, I'm looking at more. Really like the specs on the new Mammoth. It is said it is very similar to the Polaris. I think @OldDude04 had one of the v1 Polaris? Any info on its signature? I wonder if I can swing 2 CA pieces in one month...

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #27,317 of 36,392
Now that I have a CA IEM, I'm looking at more. Really like the specs on the new Mammoth. It is said it is very similar to the Polaris. I think @OldDude04 had one of the v1 Polaris? Any info on its signature? I wonder if I can swing 2 CA pieces in one month...

I had the Polaris V2, and I sold them after about a month if I remember correctly. The package and build were great, the sub bass was incredible, mid bass and mids were nice, but there was just too much of a veil on the highs. The detail was there, just not as crisp or as forward as I like the high end. I credit the Polaris as one of the first IEMs to show me I wasn't just a basshead but also a bit of a treble head as well. So I'd say the sound signature is warm and bassy and non fatiguing but without enough upper range for me. Hope that helps.

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #27,321 of 36,392
My new mug

20210709_104802.jpg

Jul 10, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #27,323 of 36,392
Profile photo for Joe La Garbo

Joe La Garbo
Almost 3 decades as a Certified Automotive TechnicianUpdated November 17, 2020

As a mechanic, what was your most embarrassing moment in front of a customer?
I remember my first year wrenching and a lady with a BMW came in and I was told the car has no power so take it for a test drive and check for possible restricted exhaust. So I take it for a run on the highway across the Golden Gate Bridge and back. The car ran great and I was starting to wonder if the problem only happens from time to time thereby making it hard to diagnose. So as I brake for the toll booth all of a sudden there’s no power. Being the rookie I am I figure I could floor it which is basically what I had to do to get it 7 blocks back to the shop. So I’m flooring the car trying hard to get it back. Well, about 2 blocks away the left rear tire starts smoking a lot. Well the no power was due to the LR caliper freezing up but I had to make it back. So here I am redlining this poor lady's car pulling up with my boss standing there wide-eyed wondering What am I doing while talking to the lady. Just as I start to pull up the driveway, I look in my mirror and see the billowing smoke turn into flames! So now I’m freaking out jump out of the car to try to stop the flames with my rag, but all that did was fan the flames. My boss comes running out with a fire extinguisher and just as he’s about to extinguish the fire the tire explodes!, blowing out the flames. The explosion sent the lady and her little dog FeeFee running for cover thinking the gas tank had exploded lol. Needless to say, that was one day that the shop would rather forget yet I still haven’t been able to…. Good luck and hope that never happens to anyone…

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #27,324 of 36,392
Angelic

1626015296633.png

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #27,325 of 36,392
I did some room renovations a little while back. Dismantled everything I had audio, down to the power supplies from the wall. Been lazy about setting it all back up. Wife is traveling so starting back small and just digging some smooth sounds of Keith Jarrett and a beer on a cool Sunday. Shanling M5S>Schiit Heresy>Norne Draug cable>Mr. Speakers Ether. Simple but very effective for the space.
1626034063625.png

Jul 11, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #27,326 of 36,392
Sometimes I think I'm losing my memory. Other times I'm sharp as a whip!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #27,327 of 36,392
I did some room renovations a little while back. Dismantled everything I had audio, down to the power supplies from the wall. Been lazy about setting it all back up. Wife is traveling so starting back small and just digging some smooth sounds of Keith Jarrett and a beer on a cool Sunday. Shanling M5S>Schiit Heresy>Norne Draug cable>Mr. Speakers Ether. Simple but very effective for the space.
1626034063625.png
Looks awesome! I’ve been slowly doing the same thing since I started working in my listening/play room.

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #27,328 of 36,392
I have to say that that little Heresy can really push some decent sounds. For its price point, a great piece. I need to get some better tube gear. I just love tubes so much. The Lyr 2 is great but may need a tubey pre-amp. So many things to consider. I have some gear for my car that is taking my attention at the time. What it would be to be with too much money.

Here's some stuff from today that really got my feet tapping.

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #27,329 of 36,392
Ok, one last one to share tonight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back