The Audio Lounge
May 18, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #24,526 of 36,105
gilligan.jpg

May 18, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #24,527 of 36,105
The Hart Audio Cable and interconnects arrived today. I can't test the 4pin interconnect until my replacement 887 gets here from Monoprice, but I did test the cable on my Fostex with the 2.5mm and 3.5mm connects and they work quite well. The cable is soft and pliable and well made. Love the interconnect system, it's solid and feels very secure but not heavy at all. I don't think it will be the stress/weak point I thought it could be. I didn't have the patience to order a custom color, but the red looks pretty good imo. I love getting a quality cable like this for under $100. Now if only FED EX would hurry up with my amp I'd be a happy man.

2020-05-18.jpg

May 18, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #24,528 of 36,105
The Hart Audio Cable and interconnects arrived today. I can't test the 4pin interconnect until my replacement 887 gets here from Monoprice, but I did test the cable on my Fostex with the 2.5mm and 3.5mm connects and they work quite well. The cable is soft and pliable and well made. Love the interconnect system, it's solid and feels very secure but not heavy at all. I don't think it will be the stress/weak point I thought it could be. I didn't have the patience to order a custom color, but the red looks pretty good imo. I love getting a quality cable like this for under $100. Now if only FED EX would hurry up with my amp I'd be a happy man.

Those look sweet! Can't wait to get mine. I was a little more patient and ordered custom colors for both cables. Purple from the Ananda and orange for the Argons. You know I just thought of something, I didn't customize the adapter set sleeving. So red it is with orange and purple. 😂😝😜😛

May 18, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #24,529 of 36,105
Those look sweet! Can't wait to get mine. I was a little more patient and ordered custom colors for both cables. Purple from the Ananda and orange for the Argons. You know I just thought of something, I didn't customize the adapter set sleeving. So red it is with orange and purple. 😂😝😜😛

Since you did custom, they might not be done with your order. Give them a shout and see if they can make your interconnects something like black or charcoal so they match both the purple and the orange. They may be able to hook you up.

I really am impressed with the fit and finish of the cable. I may need to order a couple more for my M1060 and M1060C.

May 18, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #24,530 of 36,105
@jerick70
Did you get the Argons in balanced configuration? Did they add another port on the left cup for a true balanced set-up? The site is a little vague on that. I'm really considering these.
Please let me know how you ordered these and what pads you got.

May 18, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #24,531 of 36,105
@jerick70
Did you get the Argons in balanced configuration? Did they add another port on the left cup for a true balanced set-up? The site is a little vague on that. I'm really considering these.
Please let me know how you ordered these and what pads you got.
Yes my Argons are balanced. It's actually one TRRS 3.5 mm on the left ear cup. Yes it is a true balanced setup. You'll need to buy a cable that works with it though. I had the vegan pads.

May 18, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #24,532 of 36,105
To mark the Victoria Day long weekend in Canada, here are some lesser-known facts about one of Britain’s most iconic monarchs.
At 6 a.m. on June 20, 1837, an 18-year-old Victoria was roused from her sleep and told that her 71-year-old uncle, King William IV, had died during the early morning hours of an apparent heart attack. Victoria was now — quite suddenly — Queen of England.
When Victoria was born in 1819, there had been little chance of her ever becoming the ruler of an empire. As the only child of King George III’s fourth son, Edward, the Duke of Kent, Victoria was a distant fifth in line to the throne. However, following a series of unfortunate events including the deaths of her father, his brothers and their legitimate heirs, the young princess abruptly found herself as William IV’s closest surviving relative.
When Victoria took the throne, few would ever have guessed that the inexperienced, diminutive royal (she stood at only 4’11”) would rule for as long as she did — 63 years and 216 days, to be exact. She remained Britain’s longest-reigning monarch until her great-great-granddaughter, Queen Elizabeth II, surpassed her during her Sapphire Jubilee in February 2017.
Victoria, an avid diarist, meticulously chronicled the ups and downs of her reign, most of which is now public record. She wrote about her wedding day, the (at least) six assassination attempts on her life and the sometimes mundane day-to-day routines that made up her life as England’s most powerful figure.
But what about some of the lesser-known facts of Victoria’s long reign?

1. Victoria is credited with popularizing white wedding dresses
As queen, Victoria was the one who had to propose to her desired suitor, Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha — which she did on October 15, 1839.
2. Her favourite drink was a wine called Vin Mariani…
…and one of its main ingredients was cocaine. The drink originally contained 6 mg of cocaine per ounce of wine, but was later upped to 7.2 mg to compete with the higher cocaine content of similar drinks exported from the United States. Ads for Vin Mariani claimed it would restore strength, energy and vitality. Apparently, Victoria agreed.
3. She was known as “the grandmother of Europe”
During her 21-year marriage to Albert, the couple had nine children who were later scattered throughout Europe as part of advantageous marriages to other monarchs in an effort to improve international relations. Victoria and Albert’s children married royals from Germany, Russia, Greece, Romania, Spain, Sweden and Norway. She had 42 grandchildren, three of whom were the First World War royals: Kaiser Wilhelm (Germany), Tsarina Alexandra (Russia) and King George V (Britain)
4. Victoria — and many of her descendants — had hemophilia
Once known as the “Royal disease”, hemophilia plagued Victoria and some of her closest relatives. A rare, inherited blood clotting disorder, hemophilia’s first recorded occurrence reared its head in the royal family after the death of Victoria’s 30-year-old son, Prince Leopold, in 1884. He was the fourth son and eighth child of Victoria and Albert and he died shortly after a fall down a flight of stairs in France. He passed away the following morning of cerebral hemorrhage.
5. After Prince Albert’s death, Victoria only wore black for the rest of her life
After her husband’s sudden death from typhoid on December 14, 1861, Victoria went into a “perpetual state of mourning.” Following Albert’s passing at age 42, she stepped out of the public eye and wasn’t seen again by her subjects until the early 1870s
6. In Quebec, Victoria Day goes by an entirely different name…
Although Victoria Day was first declared a holiday in 1845 in honour of her birthday, it wasn’t until Victoria’s 1901 death that it became an official federal statutory holiday. However, due to its monarchist nature, the holiday has come to be known as National Patriots Day (previously called Fête de Dollard, after Adam Dollard, a French hero and garrison commander of the fort of Ville-Marie — present day Montreal — who led a force against the Iroquois in 1660). According to former Premier of Quebec, Bernard Landry, the holiday was instated and renamed in 2003, “to underline the importance of the struggle of the patriots of 1837–1838 for the national recognition of our people, for its political liberty and to obtain a democratic system of government.”

May 18, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #24,533 of 36,105
A co-worker asked me about connecting a USB Hub to an iOS device. Since I'm not an Apple user, I've got a couple of questions for those of you who are -
(I did a quick Google Image Search, and didn't see anything obvious.) Is there anyone selling a Lightning -> USB 3.0 B cable?
If not, what's the most reliable way to connect a Lighting port to a USB Hub that has a USB 3.0 B input connector?
Thanks!

May 18, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #24,534 of 36,105
A co-worker asked me about connecting a USB Hub to an iOS device. Since I'm not an Apple user, I've got a couple of questions for those of you who are -
(I did a quick Google Image Search, and didn't see anything obvious.) Is there anyone selling a Lightning -> USB 3.0 B cable?
If not, what's the most reliable way to connect a Lighting port to a USB Hub that has a USB 3.0 B input connector?
Thanks!

Search: Apple lightning to usb camera adapter

There are lots of options to choose from.

Just make sure it’s a data sync adapter(bi-directional) and not just a charge cable/adapter. The camera adapters are bi-directional.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #24,535 of 36,105
Thanks!
I'm not an apple user either. I like to have full control of my phone.....😁 anyway I highly doubt apple supports this because they have been hell bent on using their own standards. You can get a midi cable but that is USB 2.0 and probably wouldn't work for a USB hub. But you can always try.

https://www.amazon.com/MeloAudio-Co...pple+lightning+to+usb+b&qid=1589858362&sr=8-3

May 18, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #24,537 of 36,105
Search: Apple lightning to usb camera adapter

There are lots of options to choose from.

I think they've got one of those, but the USB Hubs that they tried, haven't worked right for all the connected devices.
I'm taking him two of my USB 3.0 Hubs to try. He's helping with the Live Streaming of the services at their Church. Don't know the specifics of the audio & video equipment they're using, but they are using software that runs on an iOS device.

May 18, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #24,538 of 36,105
I think they've got one of those, but the USB Hubs that they tried, haven't worked right for all the connected devices.
I'm taking him two of my USB 3.0 Hubs to try. He's helping with the Live Streaming of the services at their Church. Don't know the specifics of the audio & video equipment they're using, but they are using software that runs on an iOS device.
He would need to use a powered USB hub. Also there may be compatibility issues with IOS and the A/V equipment he's using. Why doesn't he use a laptop?

May 19, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #24,539 of 36,105

Apple is a big PITA, especially if you are trying to use the an iPhone/iPad to display media. Apple locks down the lightning port. There is also power requirements you have to adhere to as well otherwise they won’t allow the connection. If they are trying to stream media it would be simpler and a heck of a lot easier to transfer the media to a pc or Apple laptop and work from that.

May 19, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #24,540 of 36,105
Apple is a big PITA, especially if you are trying to use the an iPhone/iPad to display media. Apple locks down the lightning port. There is also power requirements you have to adhere to as well otherwise they won’t allow the connection. If they are trying to stream media it would be simpler and a heck of a lot easier to transfer the media to a pc or Apple laptop and work from that.

I heard that Apple have updated the iOS software for iPads such that you can now plug in an external hard drive (using an adaptor, and actually the latest iPad Pro's have USB-C connectors I think) and use folders just like on a Mac or PC. I heard they were ditching iTunes as well.
But I haven't checked these things in detail, so I'm not sure. I read this months ago, so it should all be possible by now, assuming I remembered correctly.

I have to say though, I switched from years of "iPhone only" to buying a Samsung Galaxy last year.
Just my personal impression, but I can't believe how amateurish and intrusive Android and the Play Store seem to be..
For example, I want to download something like a voice recording app.
But every one that I can find, paid or unpaid, will not install/function unless you give it full access to your phone calls, your contacts list, your camera.. etc..
Unbelievable. And most apps (even lots of paid ones) want the right to spam you with adverts or upgrade offers..

Whilst Apple are doubtless imperfect in this area, I still think they're light years ahead.
Going back to iPhones as soon as I can afford it and it's unlikely I'll look back :)
I'm not a particularly techie person. There may be ways to customise an Android phone to ensure privacy and data security (I've seen mentions of high-security black smartphones that can be purchased), but if so, I don't know how to do it, nor whether you could do so and still use most practical apps (maps, chat, camera filters, screen. savers, voice recorder, calculator, etc)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back