The Audio Lounge
Apr 30, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #23,957 of 36,130
So today is the big 50 for me. Wow I can't believe I'm that freakn old. I feel like I'm still 25, except for the little bit of salt and pepper in my hair and hitch in my step.

Have you already started receiving the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) enrollment forms in the mail? :smile:
I received the first one during the week before my 50th birthday. :unamused:

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #23,961 of 36,130
giphy.gif

And I thought I was the Old Dude... I'm just a young man of almost 46, lol.
Lol. The cake is going to go all the way through the bones. Well at least I won't gain weight.

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #23,963 of 36,130
Happy birthday!
AgR5RBZ.gif

Forget about growing up, it's optional. A few years ago my wife joked she thought the Lego trains these days were really cool and that as a kid she never had enough track. So one day when she came back from work we had a Lego train running through our living room and kitchen. :grin: Best thing about being an adult... There's nobody to tell you not to do silly things.
Totally agree. My wife says I act like an 8 yo. Lol, I said SO. At least I don't look like I have perma RBF.

You're only as old as you think you are. Being positive and having kiddish fun is what keeps you young. :ksc75smile:

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #23,965 of 36,130
@mbwilson111 I am so sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. This must be such a terrible time for you. I do not believe in offering people platitudes when they are struggling and telling them things like it will get better, be strong. The reality is those types of sentiments while well meant, just invalidate the persons experience of distress and pain. Thank you for sharing your story with us, your story of struggle reminds me that as someone's partner I have responsibilities to ensure they are not left in a vulnerable position during a time of loss.
Thanks mate! Great words from a great person. I hope you're doing well through this COVID fiasco. We've been excellent, except for going stir crazy from boredom.

Happy early birthday to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back